Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 1:32 PM
At the moment I don't really have a story line, but I've just been working on a lot of character profiles. I wish I had an idea, but the moment hasn't struck me as of late.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 4:34 PM
Same as before, and failing miserably on account of the fact that all my stories move too fast. I really need to work on my description. Back to describing the alarm clock in great and glorious detail, I guess... *groans*

...Oh, and also an essay about the Shakespeare play, 'Much Ado About Nothing' and the deception in it. *groans again*

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Scholar
#53 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 12:42 PM
I've started thinking about a sort of fantasy spoof. I'm fleshing out the characters and thinking of a possible plotline. It'll be something fun to write

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Forum Resident
#54 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 3:13 AM
For the past few months I've been thinking on my next sims story. I find that having the visual outlet really helps with my writing as I can picture it clearly.

It's going to be set in a more grungy, urban and slightly Victorian influenced setting, and at the moment I have a vague idea of the main plot point but I need to take some time and plan it out more. I'm waiting until uni is over for this year though so I have time to focus on it.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 3:53 PM
English assignment.

Lab Assistant
#56 Old 15th Oct 2009 at 7:22 PM
working on a horror novel called Delirium. Abt a man with split personalities that make him do bad bad things.

Drafts can be read HERE

"The Pain was insignificant... The Pleasure was immense." -Salvador Dali
Check out Goreology

Finished Projects:[Anouska Petrova] [Melanie Cole] [Valina Diaz] [Trenton Revisited]
Projects In Progress:[Nymphs] [Kara Ramos]
Theorist
#57 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
The first story we had to read for the class was "The Garden Party" by Katherine Mansfield.

I love The Garden Party! I read it for my 9th Grade English class when we had to read all kinds of different genres for various projects. Katherine Mansfield's short stories collection were the ones I chose. I even brought it to college with me.

I'm writing a parody of boarding school stories at the moment for a friend, basing the school on our old high school. I'm never going to finish it though, it's just a fact. I never finish anything.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Field Researcher
#58 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 11:08 PM
I've revived this story I started writing a while ago, I took the basic plot and am re-writing it.

It's about this girl named Martina. Her friends call her Marty. She's really into skateboarding, and is like a tomboy. She's in love with her best friend, and they have this little secret place in the park. One day she goes there by herself and finds her best friend there, and he brought a different girl there. She gets all angry and stuff about it...

My friend thinks she should find out she's like... a vampire or soething? What should I do with it?
Field Researcher
#59 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 4:32 AM
That, actually sounds like a good idea
Okay, I will do that. Once I have time... hopefully. My life is moving way too fast for me right now.
But now that I'm re-reading that, it sounds really bad. Trust me, though, it is a bit beetter when you actually read it
Alchemist
#60 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 9:08 PM
I'm writing a book called "Moon"

What's love? ♥My ChannelMy Art PageMy DA

There's never an ounce that I breathe
Without thinking about
Who I could have been if you didn't leave
Come Home ~ Eyes Set To Kill
Mad Poster
#61 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 12:18 AM
I've finally managed to stretch a short story into a novel (an objective I've aspired to for years but handily failed at each time); I'm thinking of calling it The Sun is Coming Too Close.

It's a tale set in a somewhat distant future (I'm thinking 300 or so years ahead) involving a female physicist and her astronaut husband, whose research is conducted in deep space. She muses extensively upon how she is meant for the ground, and despite the fact that she attempts to keep him with her on earth, even their undying love cannot triumph over the fact that he is meant to do great things in space exploration. When she is days away from giving birth to their son, the mission that he's currently on (some sort of research that will change life as we know it and establish him as a hero) goes foul and he dies, but not before making an enormous scientific breakthrough.

This leaves her the widow of the world's greatest hero, raising a child so much like him that she thinks she can't stand it. Raising their son is not without challenges, and sometimes she thinks that she can't look at him because he is so like his father. She has to cope with her grief as well as be an effective mother to a fatherless boy too smart for his own good. However, nothing scares her more than the possibility that he will become an astronaut and meet the same fate that his heroic father did. Naturally, that's what happens, and when he comes home after a few years away to tell her of his accomplishments (something akin to the legendary status of those of his father), she is finally able to see him as a separate person and be proud, ultimately understanding that grief is vulnerable to time, as is love.

I plan the novel to exist in three spheres, so to speak: one in the present that draws out the scene of his homecoming, one in the past that details the parents' courtship/marriage and the raising of the child, and one that plays out the part in which the father dies. I imagine that he and his wife are having their last video conference, and I plan to reprise the scene every few chapters or so, each time with more and more vital details, building it up to be bigger and bigger as the novel goes.

I've started working on it already, and the actual writing aspect is a delight. I love space imagery, so this is a dream come true.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Test Subject
#62 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 10:21 PM
At the moment, I'm writing a story called The Forgotten Past.
The story starts with the main character running (we don't know what from yet). However, when she attempts to cross an old, broken bridge, she falls and hits her head. When she awakes, she is in a foreign place, with no memories of who she is. The only clue she has is a bracelet with her name on it. Over time, the girl starts to see visions that are triggered by things around her and she eventually figures out that these visions are her memories of her past. Because of this, she sets out on a quest to discover her past, using only the few things that she has remembered.

However, this story sounds very childish compared to the AMAZING stories that everybody else here is writing. Seriously guys, just from your descriptions your writing is amazing.

We'll go after the Italian's first; they can't drive and are usually drunk! ~America (Hetalia: Axis Powers)

My DeviantArt
My blog
Alchemist
#63 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 2:17 PM
I want to write something for a competition...

What's love? ♥My ChannelMy Art PageMy DA

There's never an ounce that I breathe
Without thinking about
Who I could have been if you didn't leave
Come Home ~ Eyes Set To Kill
Mad Poster
#64 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 9:31 AM
Essays. Many essays. Well, that's just for school. In my spare time I'm writing a few other random stories, but none of them are working out. Oh, and I'm also working on a fan fiction or two at the moment.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AbbyYukiko
At the moment, I'm writing a story called The Forgotten Past.
The story starts with the main character running (we don't know what from yet). However, when she attempts to cross an old, broken bridge, she falls and hits her head. When she awakes, she is in a foreign place, with no memories of who she is. The only clue she has is a bracelet with her name on it. Over time, the girl starts to see visions that are triggered by things around her and she eventually figures out that these visions are her memories of her past. Because of this, she sets out on a quest to discover her past, using only the few things that she has remembered.

However, this story sounds very childish compared to the AMAZING stories that everybody else here is writing. Seriously guys, just from your descriptions your writing is amazing.

That sounds quite a lot like a story I was going to write a while ago, but never really did...

Scholar
#66 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 10:50 AM
I'm working on what was originally a silly fantasy spoof but is turning into a bit of an epic novel in itself.

It's basically about a barmaid, a wizard-in-training and a hero (think dragon-slayer, medieval hero). And they are travelling together, and there's an evil empress and a princess who is much smarter than she looks and an old man who has lung cancer and evil men setting fire to things and and and and stuff! :biggrin:

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Mad Poster
#67 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 1:26 AM
At the moment I'm working on a new short story about a young man who has just come back from serving in the Iraq war. Three months later, he finds he has leukemia. As with all of my stories, it's dreadfully depressing.
Test Subject
#68 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 2:49 PM
At the moment I'm writing on 3 storys (maybe too much^^) called 'Chase', 'Die Suche' (german for: 'searching') and 'Don't forget - I'll always hate you'.

Chase: I write it together with my best friend and it's about our real life. Ok, sounds boring.^^ It's 'bout real persons with new names, but the story is kind of thriller. But cuz I don't know what my friend will write I can't really say what's about.^^

Searching: It's definitly in the past (maybe middle ages), but I cannot say it exactly cuz it plays in a fantasy world. It's war because of two princes who both want to became the next king. Nyasia, a 18-years-old-girl, is caught by one of them, but Jayce, a guy she hates at the beginning, comes to rescue her. (sounds sort of corny, i know ) At last he's caught, too, but they can escape (after a little fight XD). Then they wanna find the lost prince, to stop the war.(Cuz this prince is older than the others and so he would be the king) On their way Yuna and her brother Ramiro accompany them. (They'll all die... I'm so evil :P)

Don't forget. I'll always hate you: It's a story I write with a few sims2 pics for a german sims-site.
It's about Araceli, whose mother is very mean to her since her dad was killed. (To her siblings she isn't.) Cuz she can't endure this anymore, she goes to a friend. But when she decides to come back again, her mum isn't angry and it seems like she totally changed. But appearances are deceitful...
A thriller and a bit lovestory, I'd say.

Elfenlied 4-ever XD Lucyyy

~+~+We fear that which we cannot see.+~+~
(Bleach)
Test Subject
#69 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 1:51 AM
I'm working on two books right now...

Fragile is about a girl who's dad dies, and she faces it in the worst way possible. It's based very loosely on my own issues with depression.

Do You Remember Me? is about a couple who are driving home from a date and end up in a car crash. One of them gets hit in the head pretty badly, and suffers brain damage in the form of amnesia and can't remember a thing.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 3:13 AM
I'm working on several stories, each of which I am at a complete writers block with :'( I mainly write horror, and that's what all the stories I'm working on are, except one. =)
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 5:13 AM
I'm turning my diary entries into a complete story :D

Don't blink.
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 3:03 PM Last edited by almana : 16th Apr 2010 at 6:41 PM.
I'm working on 2 really , but right now i'm Working on this Novella serious
A fantasy novel that based on a fictional world of mine .
Alchemist
#73 Old 15th Apr 2010 at 3:39 PM
I am working on this story that i called "Trying To Be Me"
Its about this young girl who is 16 and she is trying to find out who she is and what she is about. Her life is like a ship wreck nothing goes right and her dad beats her and makes her feel worthless and her mum died when she was four just before the royle ballet company accepted her,but he dad would not let her go because it reminded him to much of her mother.

Does anyone want to read the intro to it?

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 5:44 PM
I am currently working on a piece about the "old time" prospectors.
A man is working in a mine and at his station finds a big part of the mine is holding gold. He hides it from everybody else, but soon dies from a freak accident. His son, Thomas (doesn't sound like a very good "old time" name, but whatever) was only seven at the time, but starts working as a prospector also.
And I've got the rest figured out, but don't want to type it. :P

"The only way to see yourself for who you truly are,
is to look in a mirror."
My name is Zoe
Mad Poster
#75 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 7:09 PM
On my friend's request I am now working on the backstory of Shaunee in the House of Night. Something tells me this will take a while. X)

Page 3 of 4