Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 1:53 AM Last edited by xaro : 18th Oct 2015 at 4:50 AM.
Default ccmerged - 3 superquick questions
Hi all,

I have three really quick questions about the ccmerged file in DCBackup.

1. Can ccmerged files be merged with eachother?
2. Does the ccmerged file only affect store items, or can CC also have accessories in it?
3. Can I safely use a ccmerge file that contains accessories for more objects than those I have installed? .

The reason I ask is because I have two old game folders with different CC installed and I want all of it in my new game. I've got heaps of CC so reinstalling would be a pain in the ***. Hence I thought I'd just move over my old DCCache files to my new game and either merge my old ccmerged files with my new one, or download a new ccmerged that contains all store items, or (if I can't find an easier solution) create a new myself by installing only the store contents in a vanilla game, but I don't want to screw anything up :D
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 3:42 AM
The ccmerged.package file in DCBackup? As I understand it, that one is relevant for EA store premium content only, and only such content that has custom moodlets, skills, recipes, or plants associated with them. That's still quite a list of items, but it has nothing to do with more mundane store items or dbcs (player-made custom content).
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...m-content-items

Or did I misunderstand and is this not what you meant?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The ccmerged.package file in DCBackup? As I understand it, that one is relevant for EA store premium content only, and only such content that has custom moodlets, skills, recipes, or plants associated with them. That's still quite a list of items, but it has nothing to do with more mundane store items or dbcs (player-made custom content).
https://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012...m-content-items

Or did I misunderstand and is this not what you meant?

Yes, ccmerged in DCBackup. The premium store content is in the dbc's too.

Thanks for the link, answered my third question.

So there's no chance scripted CC coud be using the ccmerged?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 4:32 AM
Store content of any type is encrypted and therefore installed in ebc files, not dbc, unless you are using some special tools to de-encrypt the store items. In which case I wouldn't really know what to expect as I've never gone there and someone else would have to provide guidance.

And yes, scripted CC that modifies premium store content in particular would use ccmerged, but those require that the original premium items be installed anyway (example, Ani's Bistro mod and her replacements for the ovens and menus require installation of the original store item to function) so the point seems kind of moot.

I think you have around three choices, all of which should work so it comes down to a matter of which is more convenient.
1 - Use the ccmerged file from a game that has all of your premium store content already installed (the stuff on Nonamena's list on the page linked to) so that your ccmerged file is inclusive of everything needed.
2 - Install it all fresh on your new game folder.
3 - Use Nona's ccmerged file.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 4:49 AM
Store content of any type is encrypted and therefore installed in ebc files, not dbc

Oops, I meant all files in DCCache, my bad.

And yes, scripted CC that modifies premium store content in particular would use ccmerged, but those require that the original premium items be installed anyway (example, Ani's Bistro mod and her replacements for the ovens and menus require installation of the original store item to function) so the point seems kind of moot.

I think you have around three choices, all of which should work so it comes down to a matter of which is more convenient.
1 - Use the ccmerged file from a game that has all of your premium store content already installed (the stuff on Nonamena's list on the page linked to) so that your ccmerged file is inclusive of everything needed.
2 - Install it all fresh on your new game folder.
3 - Use Nona's ccmerged file.

I do have some CC that's modded premium items or based on premium items (that I already had installed of course), plus some other scripted CC with new custom interactions with buffs etc. That's why I'm wondering if these will still work if I use Nona's? Can't I just merge my ccmerged files, or will that make them corrupt?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 4:57 AM
I guess I'm not getting the problem after all, sorry. There are 45 (counted real quick) premium store items on Nona's list. Anyone who has all of them installed would have a ccmerged file that should be usable by anyone who has any subset or all of those 45 premium store items in play. Custom items, whether they be custom versions of store items or other stuff, do not affect that file's resources or operation even if they make use of it. You just need a ccmerged file that accounts for all or the portion of the 45 that you are using.

I've never heard of merging distinct ccmerged files, maybe someone else has. Though it sounds interesting, I wouldn't be brave enough to try it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 5:34 AM
I guess I'm not getting the problem after all, sorry. There are 45 (counted real quick) premium store items on Nona's list. Anyone who has all of them installed would have a ccmerged file that should be usable by anyone who has any subset or all of those 45 premium store items in play. Custom items, whether they be custom versions of store items or other stuff, do not affect that file's resources or operation even if they make use of it. You just need a ccmerged file that accounts for all or the portion of the 45 that you are using.

The "problem" is I was curious about the ccmerged file and wanted to know the most effective way of getting all my content from different game folders to my current folder without having to reinstall anything. And preferably without making the game read things it doesn't need (as it will if I use a ccmerged from someone who has more premium items than I installed), so I thought the best option would be to merge my ccmergeds but didn't know if it would work. Also thought of using someone else's ccmerged (like Nona's) but was afraid it would affect my CC or cause problems because I don't have all store items, which you just told me it won't, although I still believe it's better to only have the info I need in it

Quote:
I've never heard of merging distinct ccmerged files, maybe someone else has. Though it sounds interesting, I wouldn't be brave enough to try it.

I guess I could try but it would take some time, especially if it screws anything up, so I was hoping someone else already did. I don't see why it wouldn't work, but what do I know!