Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2016 at 6:43 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default New Install Won't Run
Hi.

I just reinstalled Sims 3 using Origin after not playing for about a year or so and it will not run. The launcher either crashes with a "check log" message or I get a " 0x175dcbb service initialization failure" if i try to get around the launcher. The only thing that's changed with my computer since I last played was I switched from Windows XP to Windows 10. I'm pretty sure I also changed my graphics card to a Radeon 6670 from a Nvidia (whatever). I also have Sims 4 through Origin and have had no problems with it.

Thanks.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 1:26 AM
sims 4 and sims 3 wont run on the same pc as far i found out.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 2:34 PM Last edited by stevset : 4th Mar 2016 at 3:14 PM. Reason: Edit: Caches
Quote: Originally posted by SteelLlama
Hi.

I just reinstalled Sims 3 using Origin after not playing for about a year or so and it will not run. The launcher either crashes with a "check log" message or I get a " 0x175dcbb service initialization failure" if i try to get around the launcher. The only thing that's changed with my computer since I last played was I switched from Windows XP to Windows 10. I'm pretty sure I also changed my graphics card to a Radeon 6670 from a Nvidia (whatever). I also have Sims 4 through Origin and have had no problems with it.

Thanks.

If you reinstalled through the Origin, the game will automatically be patched to version 1.69...x, this patch is an Origin release, where you will need to start through your Launcher. TS3W.exe is obsolete and will mess up allocating your internal memory to the right .exe file (TS3.exe which uses the launcher).

Other things that might be of some concern you can read over here: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/patch%201.69.

If you are running your game with mods, move your Mods\ -folder from your TS3 userdirectory (Documents/EA/TS3) to your desktop and try running a game without any mods see if the game runs when you start through your launcher. When it does, then you have a Core mod in your Mods folder, that affects the loading procedure, which you have to update or remove (especially if you are using Awesome Mod, last time I checked they haven't updated the mod).

Edit: I always forget to mention this, but don't forget to clear your Caches after adding/removing/updating your mods.