Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 4:14 PM Last edited by AriesFlare : 30th Jun 2015 at 6:16 PM.
Default Recolors won't show for custom lamp mesh in sims2
I'm excited about my wall lamp mesh that was cloned from the "diamonds forever walllamp" from the sims2. However, I am facing some difficulties with the recolors showing up in game. I tried to recolor in "Windowed objectworkshop" and I would get a pop up saying that Windowed workshop is no longer relevant and I would have to go into Windows>Objectworkshop. I went into windows and did not see the >Objectworkshop that SimPE told me to go into. Why aren't the recolors showing up in the game?

There is an image to show you exactly what I'm making. I do look forward to sharing this.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AF_BigGusonWallLampMesh.zip (253.9 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  AF_GusonWallLampTextures_Enviroment.zip (431.5 KB, 7 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 4:30 PM
Hang on - is the problem that you can't make recolours; or that once you've made some recolours they aren't working ingame?

To get to object workshop, click the Object Workshop tab at the bottom of the SimPE window.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Hang on - is the problem that you can't make recolours; or that once you've made some recolours they aren't working ingame?

To get to object workshop, click the Object Workshop tab at the bottom of the SimPE window.

Thanks for replying. I can make recolors but they won't show up in game. I just attached the mesh itself and some recolors to the post. Maybe you can check it out?
Theorist
#4 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AriesFlare
Thanks for replying. I can make recolors but they won't show up in game. I just attached the mesh itself and some recolors to the post. Maybe you can check it out?

Hi
I just took a quick look at your package and I think you deleted some of the necessary MMAT's which is why it's not designable in game. I'd start with adding a lit and unlit MMAT for the bulb and see if that doesn't fix it.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Hi
I just took a quick look at your package and I think you deleted some of the necessary MMAT's which is why it's not designable in game. I'd start with adding a lit and unlit MMAT for the bulb and see if that doesn't fix it.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by adding MMAT for the bulb. I am new to making item meshes.
Theorist
#6 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AriesFlare
I'm not quite sure what you mean by adding MMAT for the bulb. I am new to making item meshes.

Clone a light again and take a look at the different MMAT's and you'll see what I'm talking about I think. Or look at someone elses CC lights. IgnorantBlisse's subset tutorial will walk you through the steps of adding new lit and unlit bulb MMAT's (STEP 6: ADDING A MATERIAL OVERRIDE) -- just ignore the bits that don't apply.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 10:37 PM
I don't think the MMATs for the bulb are the problem here - the bulb isn't recolorable (it could be.. but you know..) and it's obvious the mesh works since there's an on/off screenshot. Check the GUID in the MMATs for the glass - you've got 0x0086394D and it should be 0x0086394E. All you need to do is change those in both the mesh and the recolors and the recolors should work for you then. No need to redo the recolors.
Theorist
#8 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 10:57 PM
MLC, is right of course. I'm sorry, AriesFlare. I hope you didn't spend too much adding MMAT's you don't actually need -- I should have done it myself to see if it fixed the problem before suggesting it to you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
MLC, is right of course. I'm sorry, AriesFlare. I hope you didn't spend too much adding MMAT's you don't actually need -- I should have done it myself to see if it fixed the problem before suggesting it to you.

Thanks to you both. The problem was solved and I learned something new. I'm going to be uploading the custom wall lamp very soon.