Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:08 PM
Default Looking for a mod that reduces relationship gain.
I've been looking for a few days now for a mod that reduces the rate at which social interactions build relationship points. It all started when my sim went to a party at University, met three new people, and by the time he went home 5 hours later, he was at 100 LTR with all three of them. Three new best friends in one night? He had the Celebrity achievement from Charisma skill (He earned this without even trying. I'd get rid of the perk or nerf it if I could, but I couldn't find out how to do that either. It's an OP boost to LTR just for saying "Hi!"), and a few points in Charisma (again, this happened without much trying. I had him get 1 point Charisma to boost his aptitude score. After that, charisma shot up without much effort on my part). It didn't seem normal to make besties so quickly, so I've dug into a few of the mods I have that might have caused it as I do run a few NRAAS mods to tweak the gameplay a bit. I can't seem to find anything there that might have caused a dramatic boost to relationship gains, so I can only assume this is normal? Nor did I find anything that would seem to do what I'm looking for. So I started looking for a mod to tone it down. Only thing related to relationships I seem to have found online relate to making relationship decay slower, nothing that really touches how quickly or how slowly you make friends. I do have some experience with modding, but not enough to know where exactly to search for the tuning data I'm looking for (if it exists). I've reverse engineered mods before to tweak them to my own tastes, so if there is something out there that does similar to this that I haven't found, that would be helpful as well.

TL;DR
--Looking for a tuning mod to reduce long term relationship gains and make friend making slower.
--If a mod does similar, but in reverse, I can tweak it to my needs.
--Not opposed to creating a tuning mod from scratch, but I don't know where to look.

Thanks in advance!