Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Kingdom of Niua Simoa - World and Population (base game compatible)

by kiwi_tea Posted 28th Jan 2010 at 12:30 PM - Updated 5th Feb 2010 at 10:25 PM by kiwi_tea

409 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 375 Feedback Posts, 33 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 17
Test Subject
#126 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:25 PM
sorry if i sound foolish, but i don't know how to install this? i really love it and i wanna have it! i have WA but have never heard of 'worlds', haha. how does it work?
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:31 PM
Last time I say this, patiently, and all further noobs can starve in the cold, because it comes time for tough love, but: There are big tabs. Top of page. Bottom of page. One says Download. It has writing on that page. Read it. Another has Install Instructions on the page. Read it. Or, even better, you could read the comments where I've pointed out that rather elementary aspect of using the internet (reading the stuff on the pages) twice already. You should be able to find your way. I've given you all the instructions you could possibly need with more patience than is rightfully deserved.

Good luck ivorylei! Enjoy the work, and take my reply as light-hearted.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#128 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 8:53 PM
this is just amazing, the hard work you put into this certainly shows. i've been so annoyed with other peoples worlds because nobody makes a population, most of the time they don't even have houses on the empty lots
thank you a billion times over and you have done magnificent job
Field Researcher
#129 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 9:36 PM
Congratulations on the Feature!!! Most definitely deserved!!

~ Nyn ~
Test Subject
#130 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 9:52 PM
Too Great!
Test Subject
#131 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 9:53 PM
love it even my old dreamhouse lot size 50x50 unique
Test Subject
#132 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 10:23 PM
Awsome! So gorgeous!
Test Subject
#133 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 10:49 PM
Beautiful! Absolutely Gorgeous!
Field Researcher
#134 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 11:15 PM
If the launcher is telling you to upgrade your game and you have 1.8 then use Pescado's compressoriser and then the file will install.
Test Subject
#135 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 11:29 PM
tumeke kiwi_tea! ka pai!
Top Secret Researcher
#136 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 11:28 PM
Is this a new map completely? Or it is modified off something? I havent played S3 for a while so I am behind.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 12:30 AM
Wow! I am sincerely impressed. I've tried CAW and I have to say it is hard to use correctly. This is awesome. Thank you.
Test Subject
#138 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 12:55 AM
This is absolutly beautiful Kiwi! I am so stoked to use it.....especially since I am a little tired of Sunset Valley and Riverview. I am in awe of your workmanship, as I'm working on a wolrd right now (which is TINY) I am amazed at all you managed to accomplish. Four thumbs up
Test Subject
#139 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:08 AM
Thank you very much for sharing this world with us. It is amazing! I love it!
Field Researcher
#140 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:42 AM
This is wonderful! Thanks so much. I'm not sure if I downloaded it correctly...I am hoping this will work with WA which I have.

"Outside a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog it's too dark to read" Groucho Marx
Test Subject
#141 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fawkes
Its okay! I jsut really wanted to use this world.

It causes these sort of glitches. EVERYWHERE except CAS:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=387399

I beleive that its because patch 1.8 affects the graphics used somehow. I think Im a few GHz too few.

Fawkes the moderator in that thread told the guy his computer didnt meet minimum requirementsSO if it ran fine earlier then update it. The patch was designed to make the game playable on borderline or lowpowered computers. If anything, the patch should fix things. And if your worried about blue lots or disapearing lots (that happened to me) a word of advice: don't end process the sims 3 in task manager, thats what caused it for me.
Forum Resident
#142 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 4:36 AM
I'm so happy to see this uploaded!!!!! :D!!!!

"Don't be a Hater
Be a Lover"
- A wise man
--------------------------
Call me Simalicious, ImSim, or Chris!
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 8:24 AM
love the kiwi influence! loled at the pancake rocks :D

i am going to get Tosha Go, and it's going to look like an accident... because, she stole my newspaper.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 11:00 AM
Yay! I finally got it to work. I tried lions suggestion and deleted the generated numbers and at first it didn't work. Gave me an error on file one and two. File one said it was corrupt and file 2 said the file volume was absent. So i deleted those two files and came back here and re-downloaded and deleted the generated numbers again and it worked. I am so happy . Thanks for the help and thanks to Kiwi for this awsome hood. I was fully patched and i certinly understand why people are hesitant with upgrading . It took me about a solid month to get my game working , but thanks to Delphy i found a work around for my problems. Anyway thanks again...
Inventor
#145 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 11:12 AM
Now this overall perfect neighbourhood is up - congrats on the feature - it really deserves it!! I will try it out as soon as I have time - can't wait to explore this island.

I want to play this as a vacation world. Is this possible and if yes, how?

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#146 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 11:17 AM
Unfortunately we cannot yet make vacation worlds, himawara. Hopefully in a future update!

Test Subject
#147 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 11:31 AM
Is there a round about timescale for when the WA version will be released. I can't wait to download this but I'm putting it off so that I don't have to start the world all over again. If it's a long way off though I might just..succumb.

It's a brilliant world! :D
Field Researcher
#148 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 2:06 PM
Although I had planned on waiting for the WA version, curiousity got the best of me and I downloaded both Niua Simoa and the save, :-). I'm so glad that I did. This island is wonderful and your cast of characters draws one in quite rapidly. You did a wonderful job with the local population.

Now I hope you just slightly change the name for the WA version so I can have both in game at the same time, lol. This is because you've said it will be set in the future with a change to the population, i.e. descendants. It's going to be much harder to say goodbye to the base game version than I initially thought it would be. It would also be interesting to see how differently, or alike, marriages and relationships are.

Anyway, that's down the road. For now, thank you and congratulations on a job well done! The couple of small flaws you've mentioned haven't been enough to detract from the beauty of the island. Being a scuba diver, I can appreciate your representation of those coral reefs. I'm truly blown away by what you have accomplished.

I am slightly puzzled, though, by the "locked" community lots. First time I've seen community lots that say a cheat is necessary for editing. Intentional on your part? Secrets? Do tell.
Instructor
#149 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 3:21 PM
Hi Kiwi!

I just thought you should know that I have a SOLID update. Hopefully you arent to hard pressed for time and you will read this, but I did several things to test Niua Simoa.
1. Patched to 1.8 2. Extracted .world file 3. Uninstalled - Reinstalled - patched only to 1.7 4. Put the .world file in the specified directory 5. Ran the game ( Niua Simoa runs like a charm without any issues with patch 1.8.
I just thought you might want to know this to save you some time.

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#150 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 3:26 PM
Great to know, Fawkes!

Page 6 of 17