Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 4:24 PM Last edited by bprevite : 30th Apr 2011 at 4:42 PM.
Default TSM stops working everytime I try to play, but only after this last update.
Okay, so the launcher works fine and it opens the game. Every time it gets to the loading screen it stops working. There are no "crash" related error messages, just that usual vista thing "____ has stopped working." I haven't downloaded any new mods since the update came (because I haven't been able to play). Anyone have the same problem? How can I fix it? Please and thank you

PS: my version is 1.3.13.00107

Perry the Platypus
Advertisement
Giblets for hire
#2 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 4:37 PM
Remove existing mods until the game functions to identify what mod is causing the issue.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st May 2011 at 3:05 AM
remove mods that relate to previous versions, then download update of those mods if posible
Scholar
#4 Old 1st May 2011 at 3:39 AM
After removing outdated mods, also don't forget to delete your cache files. This can sometimes fix problems.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st May 2011 at 6:36 PM
Remove this debugenabler_1.2.3.package
It caused the exact same error in my game.

New update is here.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Michele Magus
Remove this debugenabler_1.2.3.package
It caused the exact same error in my game.

New update is here.

Also, don't forget to remove the old Resource.cfg file and replace it with the one that comes with Rick's updated debugenabler(1.3.13). You may also want to use Treeag's Testingcheatsenabled mod found here instead of editing your Command.ini file. I understand that editing the .ini file can interfere with installation of patches.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st May 2011 at 7:27 PM
The Resource.cfg file doesn't need changing all the time because of updates. The old one is fine. The one in Rick's new DebugEnabler download is the exact same file as in the other earlier mods.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd May 2011 at 3:59 AM
you people are annoying, just take out the mods before installing new updates then download the latest mods for that patch version, then for the mods you can't update, put them back one at a time then play the game and then if your game starts to screw up then you take out that mod. simple as that.
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd May 2011 at 9:34 AM
vampire167 - As someone having the same problem as OP, it's often not that simple. If you've got a ton of mods installed, you don't want to go one by one testing which one is causing the game to crash. I removed all the mods to see if I could get it to work without crashing, and it did, but now I need to figure out which of my mods is causing the crash. About to try just removing the debugenabler as someone suggested and see if it works that way.
Theorist
#10 Old 3rd May 2011 at 5:11 PM
You don't have to test one by one, do the 50% method http://simswiki.info/images/6/6d/50pFlowv2.jpg