Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 4:41 PM
Default Converting a Save file to a .World file
Ok I've never really used the create-a-world tool. I'm lazy and just never messed with it and would rather do my fixing in game using the edit world tool. Well I downloaded this sunset valley island world from the exchange, I added some of my owns venues and such, did lots and lots of editing, I have what I need and want in this neighborhood. I have worked on it for so long and it's so friggan perfect I may cry. Here's my issue, I know you can make backups of the save files which is what I have been doing (like how Carl-the-sims does his updated version of sunset valley) But I was wanting to know if there's any way you can convert that file to a .World file so it'll be available as is under the drop down menu when selecting neighborhoods.

I tried looking for similar threads and found one that was close but still didn't really answer my question. Here's the link to the thread just for the sake of research.

http://modthesims.info/t/487845

Thanks for the Help
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 5:48 PM
More people should be like you. It's way better to start a new thread while providing a link to another thread you want to point out instead of reviving the said really old thread.

Anyway, I'm not sure you could convert a save file to a .world file. Maybe someone knows better than me, but I haven't heard if you could do that.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
More people should be like you. It's way better to start a new thread while providing a link to another thread you want to point out instead of reviving the said really old thread.

Anyway, I'm not sure you could convert a save file to a .world file. Maybe someone knows better than me, but I haven't heard if you could do that.

Thanks, I don't usually post on threads, if I don't find the answer I usually just give up and try something else. Though since I DO continuously look through these threads and others I know what people are looking for. Observation goes a long way lol.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 10:22 PM
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 1:00 AM
No, you can not edit a saved game file in CAW. You would have to rebuild the entire world. Sorry.