Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:53 AM
Default No. 1 best world to be ever made?
It's an interesting thought, the whole exploring worlds element is a big thing in The Sims 3 and there are some awesome and well made worlds out there.

So, which do you think the best The Sims 3 world is? You can only choose one, it can be EP, Store, CC - any world! Just tell me why
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:55 PM
First of all I don't think that there's the perfect world anywhere to be found, so naming just one is rather difficult for me, but judging from the hours that I sank into one world in uninterrupted play and without getting bored, I'd say Isla Paradiso would be close to ideal for me. If only it wasn't so terribly broken now.
(I didn't have too much trouble with it until the ITF EP was released.)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:16 PM
Moonlight Falls! I love playing occults and I dig the routing and the feel of the town, particularly the architecture. My only gripe is that all the empty lots are huge. I've experimented with placing some empty lots in World Editor, but I'm worried about breaking the routing I love so much.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:29 PM
Setra is a beautiful world and probably my number one fav, I cannot remember the name of the person who created it but they are extremely talented. I do like a few store worlds, Lunar lakes comes to mind a lot, aesthetically it's pretty much stunning, not perfect when it comes to some of the houses, and I dislike the rabbit holes that all look identical to one another. I can overlook that though. Roaring heights is another one I really loved, it looked as if they put a lot of work into that one. The only other store world I enjoyed playing in was also sunlit tides.
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:30 PM
I just started playing it again and I downloaded Niue Simoa from here on MTS. So far so good.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Inventor
#6 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:21 PM
I made a world called Flanderland once, it was awesome.

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
First of all I don't think that there's the perfect world anywhere to be found, so naming just one is rather difficult for me, but judging from the hours that I sank into one world in uninterrupted play and without getting bored, I'd say Isla Paradiso would be close to ideal for me. If only it wasn't so terribly broken now.
(I didn't have too much trouble with it until the ITF EP was released.)

Was it the ITF patch that broke it?
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:20 PM
I'd say Isla Paradiso, too. A hell of a lot of all around fun, and where else can you make approx. $50,000 in your first minute of play?

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Scholar
#9 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:02 PM
Personally I liked Autumn Falls off this site the most. Very nice little map, and it loaded lightning-fast. And I mean, lots of maps are small, but that one actually looked good too and had a nice layout.

Not sure around which patch of the base game, my game started having massive routing problems on it, though. Wish I knew why, really. It looks ok in CAW.

Otherwise, I'd probably be playing on it right now.

I liked Sylvan Springs a lot too. Lots of lots, good layout IMHO, and it just looks good.

You can probably tell that I like compact maps.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:39 PM
All of the ellacharmed routing fixed Ep/Store worlds.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Was it the ITF patch that broke it?
I guess so, although I think that I patched and installed the EP at the same time. ITF made changes to routing that now causes Sims to get stuck between port lots. And ellacharmed's fixed world suffers from the same, so I assume that it is something deeper than simply bad world building.
One Minute Ninja'd
#12 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 10:05 PM
As we're opening it up as no one world really can capture all of the great content out there, I would venture the following.

Game worlds, IP was wonderful, but the routing really made it a bear to play. I think it was the prettiest world, and I loved the integration of water into the game, with dive spots, boats, and houseboats. If my sims could ever get where they wanted to go to without getting stuck, it would win. For sheer playability, style, atmosphere, and a true four season world, MF from SN takes it as my #1 world. But, as I don't really want all those SN sims around every freaking game, the replayability of it suffers. Even if I knock off the population and replace them with a bunch of normal sims, it doesn't feel right without the witches, werewolves, and fairies.

Store worlds, Roaring Heights. Well thought out, no major routing failures (other than the bistro, which I had to nuke and replace with another on a lot not on the water, damn IP water routing issues otherwise), and some really nice architectural pieces. I know the fake hi-rises bothered some, but I thought it was a reasonable compromise to give a big city feel with only base game compatibility. It replaced Lucky Palms as my fave Store world, and I got a lot of play time out of that one.

Creator worlds, I loved Jericho. It was beautifully designed, and the effects were dazzling. It had very limited expansion potential due to the low number of large lots, so as more EPs came out, other worlds came into play. I loved Los Angeios. I know the routing was awful, but it was so damn pretty, and had everything else going for it. But it was huge, and ran like a pig, so it wasn't a match for a long term relationship.

Now, currently, I'm running in a tie on 2 updated worlds. Aspen Islands Revisited, by Miuki from this site, but updated through well, everything, on her own blog, Marie's Sims (here's the link, it's really worth checking out http://mariesimming.blogspot.com/20...-revisited.html for you folks who don't like to use Google), and Coasterboi's new LA derivative Angel City, on the official boards. It's LA reworked through IP with greatly improved routing, and a far more manageable size than the original. I've actually been alternating between the two worlds with my current legacy, because once I'm settled in one world, I look forward to the heir moving back to the other.

So a single favorite? No. But lots of great memories in the worlds I mentioned, and continued fun and mayhem in my current picks.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 10:43 PM
I'm still searching for that perfect world. For me, it should have enough room to accommodate all the added content from all the expansion packs; most especially having enough room to comfortably fit at least one of every lot type, including a nice area for a home-world university.

Until I find that, I consider Lucky Palms to be one of the best available worlds. Viva Sim Vegas!

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 11:08 PM
I love this subject, thats why I made the thread

To say which is the best EP world is hard - Isla Paradiso would be the best world if it was not for the routing issues and all the glitches and the lag. It's extremly beautiful and all the buildings are made very well, it really gives you a tropical feeling. But I can't play the game for 2 minutes without lag and routing issues in Isla Paradiso which wrecks the whole experience - therefore Bridgeport is the best EP world because it feels really alive and I love the suburb city feeling.

The best Store world is extremly hard, Sunlit Tides offered something I had never experienced before in The Sims, I have never played in a world more than I did in Aurora Skies, I never grow tired of the amazing Lucky Palms and Roaring Heights is really something special, but it is probably Sunlit Tides, in my opinion.

The best custom world ever is Bridgewood made by createaworldblog.tumblr.com, Mesa Grande is extremly good too.
I am really weak for Los Aniegos but it's a bit too big and laggy for me.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I love this subject, thats why I made the thread

To say which is the best EP world is hard - Isla Paradiso would be the best world if it was not for the routing issues and all the glitches and the lag. It's extremly beautiful and all the buildings are made very well, it really gives you a tropical feeling. But I can't play the game for 2 minutes without lag and routing issues in Isla Paradiso which wrecks the whole experience - therefore Bridgeport is the best EP world because it feels really alive and I love the suburb city feeling.
/snip

I just cleaned up the worst routing problems and installed and tweaked some Nraas mods. IP runs pretty decently on my 5 yr old junk heap desktop now. Not perfectly...it was made by EA, after all.

Fix Isla Paradiso

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Scholar
#16 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 2:24 AM
Barnacle Bay.

*Escapes in ensuing chaos*

Honestly, it's hard to say because they all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I think the community lots/downtown area in Appaloosa Plains were the best and most fitting, but the houses sucked. Moonlight Falls had better houses, but its layout was pretty awful. There's so many different aspects with creating a World that it's difficult to make one that's truly perfect.

I haven't actually answered your question. Give me a year to reflect on it.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
I'm still searching for that perfect world. For me, it should have enough room to accommodate all the added content from all the expansion packs; most especially having enough room to comfortably fit at least one of every lot type, including a nice area for a home-world university.

Until I find that, I consider Lucky Palms to be one of the best available worlds. Viva Sim Vegas!

I think that the only way you get a "perfect world:" for one's own needs you have to either create a world from scratch or edit and existing world to accommodate you.
Inventor
#18 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:23 AM
As already stated, there are many great worlds around. I have no absolute favourite either but these are the ones I love the most.

EA worlds: Monte Vista
I love Toscana, especially the Val d'Orcia region, and the landscape here mimics it very well. The position of the town is good but the buildings inside the walls are rubbish; I tore all of them - but the smallest house - down and built my own. Farms are well made but there are some badly made lots in the countryside as well (like the ruins); however, there is enough space to build the essential new ones. A lot of work which I enjoyed immensely - actually, I am still enjoying it. No big issues.

Custom made:
Île de Calisope by Rabiere
A small South of France town on an island without any beach at all - curious, but the town itself is just about perfect. I did some rebuilding (tore the palace down and replaced it with an ex-abbey; some smaller changes) but not much. Very pleasant to play, no serious issues.

Ziwa Bonde by Nilxis
An African world, by far the most original of all the worlds I know. Not really meant to be lived in (although it can be done) but a great travel destination. Just try it if you haven't already.
Scholar
#19 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:28 AM
Some of those worlds look amazing. But unless there is a fantastic sale around Black Friday, I am stuck with WA as my only EP, so my choices are limited.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:55 AM
I feel like I'm always singing its praises on this forum, but I'm really impressed with the user-created world Alpine County. I've always liked worlds with distinct neighborhoods and sections, so I love that it has an urban area, suburbs, trailer parks and strip malls. I also love that it has two resorts, a forest and lake, and plenty of empty 64x64 lots. It didn't have an alchemy shop, but that was easily remedied by plopping one in the spooky abandoned village(a nice touch, I think). The only downsides are that it's so damn big (though not game-choking Los Aniegos big) and that there aren't any dive lots. All in all, a well-rounded world, though!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PoisonFrog
I just cleaned up the worst routing problems and installed and tweaked some Nraas mods. IP runs pretty decently on my 5 yr old junk heap desktop now. Not perfectly...it was made by EA, after all.

Fix Isla Paradiso

I don't really get it, because once I installed ellacharmed's fix, deleted all houseboats, and delete the Ichtaca family, I also have some Nraas mods.

And it still was laggy and glitchy, I just don't think its ideal that you should have to spend so much time and effort into fixing something EA should have done.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:41 PM
I totally agree that it's ridiculous that EA releases games/expansions in this state of disrepair. But people continue to buy them.

I used nraas Error Trap to pinpoint the problems. I found out which sims were causing severe stuttering/freezing on a constant basis and then studied what they were doing when the game locked up. Ichtaca couldn't even enter his lot when he was standing right friggin next to it. Akoni Kahale was another with lot access probs. The Medina family house has those four square columns next to the porch, where the toddler girl gets snarled up. Then her father starts short circuiting because he can't route to her. ATM I'm just running the default EA IP map, and it's running smoothly enough, though I don't doubt that ellacharmed's map has better routing.

If you are deleting sims, I believe that corrupts the game. I alway remove or relocate sims through Edit Town(evict or split up family, depending on the situation) , so that the games internal mechanisms deal with them in a better manner. The sims aren't the culprits anyway, it's the routing where they're located. It's important to deal with the animal population and tourists in nraas Register, too...elsewise the game go kaboom. I just zero all critters in 'Animal control. The EA options panel has no effect for me on critters in IP. The Register tourist options should be turned off...there are two..the top one, and a sublevel 'Homeworld Tourist' setting down below.

Sometimes you need to remove your Plumbots' trait chips when using the time portal or resetting them, or evicting them, or saving them to a bin...but that's an ITF issue.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:10 PM
I'd say CTNutmegger's Simsville remake is the best for me. I really love seeing remakes from the past Sims games, and this one is the most satisfying of all.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 5:08 PM
I love the way Roaring Heights looks. I love vintage stuff, and the whole Art Deco 1930s look really won me over!

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#25 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:51 PM
The problem with the worlds is you download a world you like but after a while you get bored of it and you go to look another world again.

I think there is no 1 world because once you play a world, you're looking for a new one again.

Myselft I thought Riverview would be the no 1 world but after a while Riverview is no more no 1 for me.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Page 1 of 2