Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 3:07 AM
stupid question asked i noe but where to buy the car in sims 2 only?

WoNdErStAr.....
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#27 Old 5th Jul 2006 at 6:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wonderstar
stupid question asked i noe but where to buy the car in sims 2 only?

Cars weren't introduced until the Nightlife expansion.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 12:51 AM
if you do not know
you type the cheat in exactly the way it says
the anser to vampire question
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 6:25 AM Last edited by MrGoodbyte : 25th Jan 2007 at 5:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cheche321
you type the cheat in exactly the way it says
the anser to vampire question

Think I did so (inserted cheat by copy&paste), but this is what happened:

Quote: Originally posted by sims2
>boo Prop constrainFloorElevation false
ERROR TSCheatSystem: ERROR IN CHEAT: Unknown command
in command 'boo Prop constrainFloorElevation false'. OnErrorClearParserTempState called.
with command boo Prop constrainFloorElevation false
.\source\TSCheatSystem.cpp(68)

What's the right cheat please?

[edit]Found it on another page: Correct is (would be nice to correct this in the tutorial):
Code:
boolprop constrainFloorElevation false

[/edit]

Test Subject
#30 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 1:10 AM Last edited by rogue_psyche : 8th Feb 2007 at 6:11 AM. Reason: found a fix for problem
Default Blue Lot Problem and Fix
I've experienced a pretty major problem with this cheat. I created a sloped driveway using the techniques above and the Invisible Driveway by roddyaleixo and didn't experience any issues. The next day I decided I wanted to change the angle of the slope so I went back and changed it.

When I left the lot to go put a family in to test my results I found that my lot turned blue and couldn't be selected.

I know the problems is caused by the cheat because I only edited the terrain and added only Maxis objects during that session. In the time between the two edits I've only downloaded bodyshop files and haven't changed my hacks (which are all from moreawesomethanyou.com).

EDIT:

I'd recommend that anyone who decides to make a sloped driveway make the driveway before the house, and keep whatever you have created as it is once you've gone through the effort of creating the house. I also recommend that cwirsing add backing up the neighborhood as a first step to this tutorial.

THE FIX

However, if you do experience this problem on your lot, first back up your neighborhood. Sure, it's messed up now, but you can accidentally mess it up a lot more with SimPE.

Now that you're all backed up, open your lot up in SimPE. You can find it in Sims 2 --> Neighborhoods --> N00# --> Lots. (In these instructions, #=the number for your neighborhood). If you installed all the EPs before playing, your lot should one of the files toward the end. You can make sure you have the right one by clicking "jpg/tga/png Image (IMG)" on the resource tree, clicking on the listed files, and viewing them in Plugin View.

Once you have the damaged file opened, click "Texture Image (TXTR)" and find "N00#_Lot###!terrainLmap_txtr" (again, the #s represent your specific neighborhood and lot numbers). Under Plugin View you should see an aerial view image of your lot in grey scale, with the buildings as dark shapes and the terrain represented in detail. This is the file that is creating the problem. Delete it.

Save your changes, close SimPE, and load The Sims 2. Open up your neighborhood. Your previously blue lot should now look empty, but still have the same value or inhabitants.

Enter the lot and make the necessary changes to your terrain. I can't tell you how much is enough as I just leveled my previously sloped driveway. All I can say is that if you want to keep repeating the steps list above until the slope no longer turns your lot blue, go ahead, but if you want to be 100% sure your lot will be playable in the future, undo any features that required you to use the "boolProp constrainFloorElevation true" cheat.

Save your lot in game, not by clicking Exit to Neighborhood or Exit Game and clicking Save on the dialog box that pops up. I've read around here that it may prevent the corruption of save games.

I hope this helps anyone who experiences this problem in the future.
Screenshots
Instructor
#31 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 10:25 AM
Thanks man! this will be sweet
Test Subject
#32 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 10:26 PM
does anyone know how to get those blips off a sim when they get naked
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 8:12 PM
RE: Above post about lot turning into an unclickable blue square:

Quote: Originally posted by rogue_psyche
I've experienced a pretty major problem with this cheat. I created a sloped driveway using the techniques above and the Invisible Driveway by roddyaleixo and didn't experience any issues. The next day I decided I wanted to change the angle of the slope so I went back and changed it.

When I left the lot to go put a family in to test my results I found that my lot turned blue and couldn't be selected.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Following the steps you provided above restored my lot!!

I, too, had been playing with creating an attached garage to a house set on a foundation using this tutorial. I did not leave the lot until the entire house was created & furnished, but I did save a few times from within the lot. Upon exiting, I experienced the unclickable blue lot situation and almost had a heart attack. I do have custom content installed and have used it heavily on other lots with no problem, but I do not believe I used any in this lot (not 100% sure, though). After backing up the neighborhood, deleting the specified file, and re-entering Sims2, I was able to enter the lot and remove the garage. I deleted it in entirely and then used the flatten lot tool to remove any residual grading anywhere on the lot. It now is back to normal.

I hope this helps anyone in the same situation and that an actual fix for this issue (or raised garages as a standard) is eventually created.

Thank you again for a useful post.
Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Jan 2008 at 11:35 PM
I can't get it to work, I have downloaded the file, and put the code in, and it still goes straight to the bottom of the slope. What am I doing it wrong?
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 2:14 AM
can someone please help me? i believe i followed the instructions properly but it looks like an invisible driveway now. is there anyway that i can make it still look like a driveway .. ? like with the color and everything ? i hope u guys can clearly understand what i'm asking because i dont really want to end up putting tiles on there. anyone know what to do ?
Mad Poster
#36 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 12:14 PM
xxmisslae2uxx,

the tutorital maker said it works only in EP2 NL, so have you tried to use a bare EP2 game version probably with Numenor's AGS or BGS?
http://sumomo.modthesims2.com/download.php?f=139&u=4407
Test Subject
#37 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 8:39 PM
Well.. I do have Nightlife.. but I have all the other expansion packs too including Freetime and excluding University. So it can't work for a computer that has all of them including Nightlife or it has to be on a cpu that seriously ONLY HAS Nightlife and ofcourse The Sims 2 Original ?
Test Subject
#38 Old 9th Jul 2008 at 8:40 PM
oh and I have NO CLUE what you were talking about when you said something about "Numenor's AGS or BGS". I dont have a clue to what those things are or what they do . I am really new to this stuff.
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 8:33 AM
on the tutorial you mistyped the 'boolprop constrain floor elevation' wrong u typed it as 'boo prop constrain floor elevation' that might cause some problems...
Test Subject
#40 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 12:05 PM
Default sinking houses
How do you make the house/garage sink into the hill? plz could u tell me thanks alot!
Page 2 of 2