Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:22 AM
Default Problem with extending a mesh
Sorry if I ask something answered elsewhere, but I'didnt find anything about the following issue:

I tried to copy a part of a mesh to another mesh (a top).

Beeing quite familiar with Milkshape the tutorials available guided me pretty fast to the point where my added deco showed up in game.

But it was displaced, hoovering over the chest, instead of beeing attached to it. The CAS Sliders and animations work, but the added stuff is in a different position than in MS. I rechecked in MS, redid everything (I forgot to copy extra data on regrouping), but it didnt help.

Then I read about the Wes' VertexID Autonum in MS and used it - now the added geometry is properly placed, but the sliders in CAS stopped working for the whole mesh.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I got the feeling of beeing just that close =)
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 12:46 PM
If you want to combine 2 meshes you need to make the same changes to the morphs.
Unfortunate this is not possible with sims 3 meshes unless you make brand new morphs or use a outfit that has 2 meshgroups.

If you want to continue with your mesh you need to duplicate it 4 times and make a fat/fit/thin and pregnant morph out of each duplicate.
Then autonumber the vertices and export each mesh seperate.
You then make new Bgeo files out of the morphs and add these to the package with Cmar Bodymorphmaker.

I recommend you start over and follow the best procedure i descibed here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
post 26

Wat you do is combine the 2 meshes but in seperate meshgroups.
You need to do the same with the morphs(wich is alot easier with TSRW as it included them in the mesh and automaticly makes new slider files)

If you want to use CTU you need to make 10 seperate meshes, use BMM to build the Bgeo files(sliderfiles) and add these manual to your package.

Edit,
dont forget the lod2 and lod 3 meshes also, wich makes it a total of 30 meshes you need to make.....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 6:31 PM
Ugh...
I didn't want to get THAT sophisticated, as I ran into morgades Real Nipples replacement and noticed that the package contains only one GEOM entry with a handfull of vertices and faces added to the original mesh.
And all the sliders work fine.
Thats what I tried to do too - but either the geometry I add is displaced, or the sliders dont work =(
BTW: the geometry I copied from is also a top, so the skeletons should match...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:20 PM
I believe Morgade used Blender with a plug-in that allows you to create new vertices with the same vertex numbers as the originals. Since the sliders operate by vertex number, they move all vertices with the same number in the same way and so the new vertices move correctly as long as they're close to the original vertex they share a number with. (Clear as mud? Good. ) Unfortunately there's no equivalent plug-in for Milkshape, although I imagine the same thing could be done manually for a small number of new vertices.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 12:34 AM
As Cmar described but you can do the same within Milkshape with Wes H his extra data tool.
You look up the nearest vertId and copy it to your added faces using the data tool.
It does work(with small deformation) when the edit/addon is very small(like the nipples)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 5:29 AM
I'll give it a try asap... Coming from Poser/3DSMAX/.OBJ I didn't know that vertIDs could be duplicated =)
Btw I ran into that "small detail via geometry" because I'm used to get stunning effects with Normal Maps in Poser but failed to do so here (more details here).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 7:38 AM
Bingo, copying the vertIDs worked like a charm !
thanks for all the help