Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:24 AM
Default Shoes are shiny, outfit is not. Why?
I've been trying to make a Zero Suit Samus outfit, however the shoes part of the outfit look different then the rest, but according to the texture files, it should just slide seamlessly between them. There seems to be more of a plastic shiny look to the shoes.

Sorry if this has been adressed before, but I could not find anything to explain why they were different.
(I would post a screenshot, but having not posted much, i'm not sure how...)

"This was a triumph! I'm making a note here -HUGE SUCCESS- It's hard to overstate my satisfaction. Aperture Science."
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 3:23 AM
have you adjusted the specular as well?

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 5:55 AM
I have, but I've never been informed as to it's purpose, so I probably never adjusted it correctly... But those textures also look like they should blend smoothly...

(edit: I found the image uploader )
Screenshots

"This was a triumph! I'm making a note here -HUGE SUCCESS- It's hard to overstate my satisfaction. Aperture Science."
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 6:42 AM
Did you edit the mesh(almost looks like a issue with the normals....)
If not then the material settings from the shoe are diffrent, try cloning a barefoot shoemesh(slipper/sandal) and attache this mesh to it.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 12:10 PM
The specular defines the shininess - the lighter the specular bits, the shinier the texture. You usually want the specular to be quite dark, otherwise the outfit will end up blindingly reflective.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 2:45 PM
I tried adjusting the specular, and i saw no difference, then I tried the mesh idea, I realize that i had replaced the bump map on the first one, so I left it on the second one. That made them look the same. So now the question is, how do I make a simple bump map for the outfit that matches? anyway, Thanks for your advice. (it probably speed things along by a lot )

Sockpuppet
#7 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 5:27 PM