Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Override Folder?
This may seem like a stupid question, but what is the overrides folder for? Should I be placing some of my mods in it. It seem that all the help threads that discuss the Mods folder are about the package file but aI haven't seen anything about the Overrides folder.

The question came to mind when I realised that there is an overrides section in the downloads should I place these downloads into the overrides folder. Such as the "Blue Dream" environment mod

There you go, and Wherever you go, There you are.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:24 PM
The Overrides folder is for CC that needs to replace (override) parts of other CC. For example, if you download a hair retexture which doesn't include the mesh, you usually need to put the mesh in the Packages folder and the retexture in the Overrides folder - so that the retexture overrides the textures which come with the mesh.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 11:23 PM
So I don't need to put cc that overides game content into this folder, Like the BlueDream Lighting mod?

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 9:17 AM
No, that can go in your Packages folder.

Game content is overridden by stuff in the Packages folder, stuff in the Packages folder is overridden by stuff in the Overrides folder.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 11:10 AM
Ok, I think I understand it now. Thanks for the help.

Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharmed Reason: answered