Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:07 PM
Default Site to replace Trapping Crushes?/Daily Find site WCIF
Since a lot of the Sims 2 CC community is now so spread out it's mostly on individual tumblr and blogs, I've been relying on the trapping crushes tumblr to get the latest CC. However, that tumblr won't be updated anymore. I do remember there is some forum that did the same thing, even divided it by "x month, week x". I think they found even more stuff than Trapping, but I liked the tumblr layout more so I just forgot that site. Does anyone here knows what that site is, or where I can find a similar site/tumblr/blog?
Advertisement
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:24 PM
Blackpearlsims does a lot of updates; I have updates on leefish too, but no pictures

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:30 PM
I have a bookmark for Sims2 Finds, which is a blog:

The Sims 2 Finds

I don't know how often they update it-but it does have pictures of the content.

It's a shame Trapping shut down her blog.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:30 PM
Simscave has updates for TS2, TS3 and TS4, and they update almost every day, including non-blog sites: http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...hp?action=forum
They usually do bulk-updates for the larger sites (such as MTS, GOS, BPS and MYB) once in a while, but other than that they're fairly good at getting new updates from all over. They always have pictures of the downloads, and have an archive of old updates.

(unsure if you need to be logged in to see)
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:12 PM
Simscave, that was it! Thank you Simmer22, and the others for the extra sites. Didn't know Leefish had an update section too.
I had found The Sims 2 Finds blog earlier, but it doesn't seem to be updated as often as SimsCave and as Trapping crushes used to be.

I guess I'll go the "other sites beyond MTS" to say trapping crushes is discontinued now,. since it's still recommended there for daily updates.
Alchemist
#6 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:38 AM
I do a blog just for build items, not necessarily new items some include old maybe forgotten items http://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 8:47 PM Last edited by gazania : 4th Nov 2014 at 9:56 PM.
Wella Creations doesn't update as frequently, but it does update.

http://wella-creations.livejournal.com/

Another possibility is to sign up on Tumblr (if you haven't already), look under sims2cc, and bookmark your favorites to start. In time, you'll notice other creators on Tumblr. Rinse and repeat. Note any tags similar to #sims2cc, such as sims 2 downloads. I initially went from following 30 users to more than 200 in just a year and a half. You might find that you have a little TOO much CC. As far as I know, most people do not find that a problem. (I save any CC I want to check out, and check out a little at a time. Even though Sims 2 CC is a little sluggish right now, which is perfectly normal for several months when a new Sims series comes out, I have stored away about 9 gB of material for future perusal. I think I can wait out the leaner times.)

It is also not unusual for people to follow you on Tumblr, even if you don't create, because you've re-blogged things they find fascinating. They might, in turn, do the same. I have followed most of these people and noticed what they like. This is particularly good if you can't stick around on Tumblr all day! Even if we don't create, we can spread the word. (Out of courtesy, though, I do make an effort to distinguish Sims 2 material from non-Sims stuff, since I also follow other topics of interest. Sims 2 players might not want ten anime or recipe posts on their dashboard.)

A third option ... look on GoS profiles from favorite creators. They will often have links. See if they reference anyone in their posts.

A fourth option ... Sims 2 Default Database. Even if you aren't in the market for defaults, often, you'll see the original creator's name when you hit the link, as in "I defaulted ______________'s biker shorts, which are (linked) here."

That and the other posts here should keep you busy for a while. Enjoy!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.