Hi...I am working on replacing the EA floors for my game. I am using Hafiseazale's defaults as a basis, so I am just replacing texture images. I am extracting the images form floors created by others, all of which already work in my game. So far, I am just doing tiles.
Many of the textures replace just fine, but some come out either larger or smaller than the source, even when the source image is 256x256.. I have been able to successfully resize some 512x512 images in PSP, but resizing has had no effect on others. Putting a different texture into the default does not seem to help, so I think it is something about the file itself, not the texture.
I have been searching the internet and reading tutorials, but have not found why this is so, nor how to fix it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks for reading!
Could be an artefact from the original it's meant to replace, such as different tiling. A lot of the EAxis floors have different tiling than 1x1. Not sure how you'd fix this on a default replacement, though.
I have not found out how to change the tile size, but I have figured out how to make my replacement textures work.
All the images that came out too big in-game were on originals that were 2x2, while those that came out smaller were 2x2 images on standard-sized originals. So I swapped them around, and it all works now. Moral of the story: if you want your tile to look like the source, replace 2x2 tiles with 2x2 images, and 1x1 tiles with 1x1 images!
Also, EA gave us more 2x2 tiles than I knew about.