Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 4:06 PM
Rather annoying wizard bug
spells have to be memorized in a precice order of runes.

some quest spells have identical rune order.

therefore, its impossible to complete some quests.

for instance, early in my wizards life she did a goblin quest and learned a stupid spell called 'fiery eye of visibility' using air-fire-light runes.

much later she is now level 10 and trying to help her beloved monarch trick some idiots from another country. so she needs to learn a spell called 'illusion of feasts' using air-fire-light..

see the problem? when i input air-fire-light, it memorizes fiery eye of visibility. when i try it again, it says i've already got that spell memorized... so unless there is a cheat or editor for altering the wizards spell books, or something that will advance the quest stage, im sort of forced to fail this quest =( and no, learning fiery eye doesnt work for the quest because the quest step is 'memorize illusion of feasts'

and yes i've patched. no other problems have ever happend in the game till this little cloned spell-rune thing. this is my 5th ambition too, so its not like im doing something wrong
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 7:56 PM
Are you sure they're both air-fire-light? And one of them isn't maybe fire-air-light? Multiple spells have the same runes but not the same order.

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 2:56 AM
oh im very certin they are the same. i spent plenty of time makeing absolutely sure to read the spell descriptions and the rune order's multiple times before i started to wig out and checkt he internet for answers... lol apparently nobody else has gotten this to happen to them yet. either by pure luck (quest spell runes are randomized?) or they just havent had this combo of spells
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 8:05 AM
Honestly I haven't played that much with my Wizard so I wouldn't know. Sorry it didn't help.

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Giblets for hire
#5 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 9:08 AM
Confirmed, this should easily be fixable with a mod too. I'm going to look into this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 12:04 PM
awsome, thank you for verifying it rick. that alone makes me feel better, knowing that it is reproduceable =) i'll keep tabs on this thread. i guess i'll just have to avoid playing for now. i WAS going to get my wizard eaten by the pit beast so it would force me to make a new one. but i'd rather mod it so i can keep my mage lol
Giblets for hire
#7 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 1:39 PM
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 5:15 PM
that fixed it =) thank you very much for such a well done mini-mod and for the speed it was given
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:32 PM
I don't know if this would be helpful or not as I've not played my Wizard long enough to check out the option I noticed when learning a new spell with runes.
I had the same quest for the goblins then I noticed an option at the spell table that said "Forget Spell". Perhaps this would enable the Wizard to make a new spell using the same runes from an older spell that were required for a previous quest? Hope that made sense?

If and when I should encounter this situation I'll give it a go and see if it works.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 9:16 PM
Wizards can only know 7 spells in their knowledge base. They cannot know all 15 at once. You have to choose "Forget A Spell" to have your wizard work right. A Mod would be most delicious to have all the spells in the inventory knowledge base. And thanks to Rick who created the Mod fix!