Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:02 AM
Jake Gyllenhaal - looking for feedback!
Hi everyone,

I just made actor Jake Gyllenhaal in the game and am looking for feedback!
Anything, good or bad, please share your thought so I can make him better!

Thanks!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:54 AM
Nice job! You need to lengthen the face and flatten the eyebrows. Also make his chin pointier.
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Nice job! You need to lengthen the face and flatten the eyebrows. Also make his chin pointier.

Agree. Also he need to rotate nose tip a little bit lower
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 3:05 PM
Thank you!

Here's an updated version of him. Better now?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 8:05 PM
You might want to find a lower lash set, and if you aren't already, create some custom brows!

Otherwise, the brows need to be a bit thicker with a turn down at the outer edges.

Do you also have some profile views with comparisons?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 9:25 PM
i like your sim version a lot. well done. i agree that the eyebrows could be moar bushy for perfection so here are some suggestions:
people without brains - 4 bushy eyebrows
Eyebrows 01 for males by IMHO
BurntWaffles - The High Brows Eyebrows Set (i enabled most of her brows for males with S3OC and they look good)
i am curious to see another comparison - well done so far!

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 3:38 PM
Thanks jje & shmovese!

Here he is updated, it's a shame that the lashes don't fit entirely onto the left eye when viewed from the side… but he looks much better indeed! I have also included a profile comparison pic for you, is there anything that needs to change?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Jul 2014 at 5:41 PM
do you know about this beards set: simplelife / chagasi they arent "easy" to adjust (its hard to find the matching skintone sometimes) but one can at least adjust the "hairyness" quite a bit. beards 3 or 7 could suit him and look much more like facial "hair"
i like his mouth and the undernose section so much! maybe his nose is wee to pointy but really only a wee bit and the nose tip on the original seems to be bit longer/deeper. its only a small detail and i am not sure if its worth getting some extra sliders for this. (e.p. its obvious in #1 / pic 1 if one looks straight onto the nose). i would also say he has a different hair colour (at least less saturated - greyish- dark blonde hair) in the comparison pics. but actors change their haircolours quite a lot, so no idea if you are closer to his natural hair colour here.
a lovely Jake Gyllenhaal sim - really

Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 3:28 AM
IMO I still think you should look around for a better set of eyebrows, one that arcs and wraps around the eye instead of staying straight.

There's a couple out there, especially a good one by an Asian artist, but their names escape my mind right now.

Or you could dive into the world of content creation and use the CasTextureUnitool to make your own eyebrows, which is ultimately more satisfying.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 9:50 PM
maybe "bushy" was a poor choice of words concerning the eyebrows. the people without brains ones are much too thick , i must been drunk when i suggested them (sorry). they do look unhairy and painted on, dont they?
jake g. needs hairy eyebrows and "big" ones but they shouldnt be too much darker than the rest of his hair. ephemera made eyebrows i am uncertain if the "thicker/bigger/hairier" ones would be better though...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Aug 2014 at 11:15 AM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the comments! So I went through a lot of CC trying to find a better pair of eyebrows, unfortunately couldn't find better ones!!!
Another problem for me is that some of my custom sliders, including one for brow thickness, has rendered useless probably from having too many sliders installed, so the thickest I can go is what I have now.
Is there a fix for this slider problem?

Here he is updated with a new haircut, I'm thinking about adjusting his forehead, it's kind of too high now.
Screenshots
Instructor
#12 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 1:29 PM
If you use mastercontroller, there is an option to override the custom slider limits if I recall correctly. At least it seems to for me because I have a crapton of sliders. Seems to me maybe awesomemod too? And there might be others.

Please make sure to carry down your reference pictures with each post. It makes it much easier to compare that way. Also, it would be helpful if you would light your sim better. Try using some of the hidden lights from buydebug (there are two kinds - one set that is parallel to to the ceiling and one set that is parallel to the wall. Place one of the small ceiling ones above and a square or so in front of your sim with the arrow pointing towards your sim. Use two of the small wall ones angled at 45 degrees in sort of a lopsided "V" arraignment in front, again with arrow pointing towards the sim. Move them around until the light is actually hitting your sim smack in the face. The light behind the sim isn't helping much and for this sort of picture, it's really just distracting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
If you use mastercontroller, there is an option to override the custom slider limits if I recall correctly. At least it seems to for me because I have a crapton of sliders. Seems to me maybe awesomemod too? And there might be others.

Please make sure to carry down your reference pictures with each post. It makes it much easier to compare that way. Also, it would be helpful if you would light your sim better. Try using some of the hidden lights from buydebug (there are two kinds - one set that is parallel to to the ceiling and one set that is parallel to the wall. Place one of the small ceiling ones above and a square or so in front of your sim with the arrow pointing towards your sim. Use two of the small wall ones angled at 45 degrees in sort of a lopsided "V" arraignment in front, again with arrow pointing towards the sim. Move them around until the light is actually hitting your sim smack in the face. The light behind the sim isn't helping much and for this sort of picture, it's really just distracting.

Hey thanks for the heads-up!
I do not know about the buydebug cheat until now, hope the pics are better this time.
Here they are:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#14 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 2:52 PM
Looking good, but he still needs a more accurate set of eyebrows.
Scholar
#15 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 1:43 AM
Good work! Your sim's a little pale compared to the model. I think you might need eyes with larger irises. Increase the nose definition a bit and raise the nostrils, if possible. Are the eyes too deep set? Is that what's making the crease at the side of the eye? Ears are a little bit and almost pointed. Lip and face shape look very close.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Good work! Your sim's a little pale compared to the model. I think you might need eyes with larger irises. Increase the nose definition a bit and raise the nostrils, if possible. Are the eyes too deep set? Is that what's making the crease at the side of the eye? Ears are a little bit and almost pointed. Lip and face shape look very close.

Thank you!! So I got a new skin for him, changed the eyebrows and tweaked the nose as well as the ears…
As for the crease at the side of eye, it's from the adult sim aging details I think.

How does he look now?
Screenshots
Instructor
#17 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 12:53 PM
I don't have much to add by way of the sculpt - he's looking really good! You might try doing an overlay of your sim's picture over the original to check proportions and position. But you have to get you sim as close to the same position as the reference picture otherwise it's not very helpful. You pictures are significantly improved!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 3:22 PM
i really enjoy the sideview! awesome job done. nose and mouth look great - the eyebrows of the real-him are tricky but i like the set you have choosen for the sim-version. its him, theres no doubt about it.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 8:33 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for giving me lovely/useful feedback along the way of making this sim. Here he is completed. And because of all of your help he is looking better than ever!!
Screenshots