Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:05 AM
I didn't know how badly build mode got nerfed. Just so I understand this correctly, when you say they removed the ability to choose which structures on a lot have a foundation and which don't, do you mean that if I put a foundation down, then every building on the lot will have to have one?
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:06 AM Last edited by tangie0906 : 12th Jul 2014 at 12:43 AM.
Some neighborhoods have fewer than 5 lots; 5 is the maximum. Again, I'll try to find the source and post it later.

No word on whether there is some kind of limit or not, but yes, the lots in each hood can be either residential or commercial.

Edit: SimGuruSarah Tweet/conversation that I posted on the previous page discusses the number of lots.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
just a girl
#28 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
The way it sounds now, they will just travel from one lot in their current world to a new lot in a different world, which makes me picture all the separate 'hoods of all the current and future worlds as something like a honeycomb, all with different themes.

That's how I see it, too.
They said, you can go to any lot at any time, whether it located in your current neighbourhood, different neighbourhood, or different world - you just pick a lot and go to it.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
I didn't know how badly build mode got nerfed. Just so I understand this correctly, when you say they removed the ability to choose which structures on a lot have a foundation and which don't, do you mean that if I put a foundation down, then every building on the lot will have to have one?

I think there remains ambiguity about that. I think (don't quote me on this) that Graham clarified to say that split-levels are not possible in basegame but he would like to see it implemented, but I don't remember anyone clarifying whether a storage shed/garage/other outbuilding would have to have a foundation if the main house did.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 5:21 PM
@HystericalParoxysm

Well, according to this interview, the game will feature "blocks"!

As in building blocks. You create houses with blocks..rooms with blocks..and so on.

The Sims 4: Maxis reveals easiest Build Mode yet

Quote:
The big difference here is the continuation of the tactile philosophy that forms the bedrock of the new approach to character creation. Rooms can be pinched and stretched to fit your creative whims, while the rest of your abode intelligently snaps into position, recognising quick iterations and structural changes you’ve implemented.

Without sacrificing the depth that was already present (such as the wall tool or basic decoration tools), instead it’s about stripping back the routine and making it both exciting and accessible. More interesting is how the studio is giving the player the power to circumvent the entire build process entirely.

Another bit from another article:

Quote:
But even on a smaller level, those that don’t have any particular flair for interior design can furnish their house with any of the game’s Styled Rooms. These are created by Maxis; a selection of top-to-bottom decorated rooms that can be slotted together like building blocks.

Now we're back to playing building blocks? How old do they think we are, anyway?

Oh, right..toddlers!

I have always hated Maxis style decorating..it stinks to be honest. Now you don't even have to bother decorating a room..you can just plop one in!
Theorist
#31 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 6:59 PM
We can disable the clothing filters for our own sims but they will stay in place for other sims.

https://twitter.com/simgurugraham/s...572362240786432

Foundations get added under every room.

https://twitter.com/simgurugraham/s...179848321167361

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 1:16 PM
The idea is not to have this thread be a "are these features good/bad" but just to keep track of a list - a factual information thread. There's plenty of other threads to discuss whether or not you like the things they've added/removed, but I would really rather not have this thread turn into a discussion about the features themselves unless it's to clarify what we think was meant by tweets, blog posts, etc.

(Yeah I know I still need to update based on the info people have given - I haven't forgotten, haven't gotten to it yet. I saw it though, and thanks guys - just need to find some time and headspace to dig through links and stuff.)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 11:06 AM
Is anyone else equating "world" and "neighbourhood" with TS2 "neighbourhood" and "sub-neighbourhood"?

I kinda hope sub-neighbourhoods don't get added later on, that could get confusing! How will moving between/visiting other worlds work. Again, that seems to me like changing neighbourhood in TS2 which was never possible then...

Check out The Moore Legacy, a Sims4 legacy blog.
Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 11:23 AM
TS4 World = TS3 World = TS2 Neighborhood. They clarified on Twitter that calling them "worlds" rather than cities/towns/neighborhoods is deliberate to eliminate confusion with SimCity. The TS4 neighborhoods are compartmentalized chunks of the world (for performance purposes, most likely), and there's no need for sub-worlds as you can move and visit freely between them so I don't think they don't need to be directly attached to each other as a sub-anything.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Scholar
#35 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 11:36 AM
It's going to be a beyotch with expansion packs, I imagine. I mean, if you had all the packs and didn't merge the rabbitholes or the other community lot buildings, you'd be running out of room pretty fast. If the EP's add new lots, like different clubs or restaurants or spas or stores or whatever, Willow Creek won't have enough room. When I think back to Sunset Valley in the Sims 3, I'm certain I had just under 20 lots dedicated to stores or what have you. Removing rabbitholes might ease this up, but then we also have to consider players can't move lots around. So there may also only be some that are desirable or suitable for the player is trying to build.

The other option is to add more districts (or sub-areas of the world, whatever you want to call them). However, that's a problem in itself. It'd be easy to do that for just Willow Creek, but what about this new desert world? Or the other different worlds. They'll all need new areas added on. And unless they all share an identical sub-world/hood, the developers would have to make them all from scratch, because all the Worlds are aesthetically different. And I'm certain Sims 4 will have more worlds than just Willow Creek. Worlds are a major Store selling point and players would be (even more) pissed if they were forced to only play in one or two hoods, especially if modders can't make more. (And this is just my own opinion without any evidence to back it up, but I feel like it'd be way more harder for players to make our own worlds.)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 12:10 PM
Or new EPs will just add new worlds with the relevant lots placed in them, and since worlds are independent/unattached, you just send your sims to those worlds to play with those features - rather like TS2 shopping districts/downtowns/etc., only not directly attached to the main world.

Field Researcher
#37 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 12:53 PM
so can the sims move back and forth between worlds? can a sim from oasis springs head over to willow creek to do some shopping, then return home for dinner?

also how does this "away actions" thing work? if I take one sim out, does time pass for the others at home? using the example above, can i nip home to check on any sims at home, leaving my sim in willow creek to finish his shopping?

Also - Stranded on Sixam Challenge... Can your sim live long-term on an alien planet?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 12:56 PM
Jendra, if you check the "source" links by that item in the first post, you'll see some explanation over how that's meant to work.

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 1:51 PM
BREASTFEEDING?!?! :0................................................. yay!

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 1:39 AM
It seems like they're taking the "worlds" idea from the new SimCity game. I mean I pre-ordered it just to see. I know I will like it but I'm very upset about the CAST options being thrown out. I read somewhere it wouldn't be hard for them to use the system color scale to attach emotions to. IDK much about coding or programming at all but it seemed easy considering they can MAKE a game. But hey whatever comes out now will only get better in the future as far as updates or expansions. We do still have another couple of months before release so who knows what else they have to show.
Instructor
#41 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 2:02 AM
Wasn't it confirmed that colours are not linked to emotions, like they first hinted towards?

Edit to clarify; colours does not affect a sim's emotion when the game launches, although that's what Rachel (?) stated in the Gamescom 13 video. Am I correct?
just a girl
#42 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 2:27 AM
Yes, colors don't affect emotions. Particular objects can do, however. I think, they said, they will make only certain objects "emotional".
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 8:30 AM
@HystericalParoxysm Repoman not in Sims 4: https://twitter.com/SimGuruGrant/st...259321339396096
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 9:05 AM
I'm sad how much got removed... is there even any reason as to why they couldn't just put in toddlers? They were in TS2 and 3, why not now?
just a girl
#45 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 1:27 PM
Moosey, oh, that's a long story about time and resourses. You can find some explanations by clicking the source links in the 1st post. And here: http://www.thesims.com/news/whats-out-and-whats-in
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 3:18 AM
I am a little disappointed reading the tweets that the Create-A-Style had to be in the base game to start with and because it is not it will not be added in the future!! So we are going back to the Sims 2 way of creating clothes - i am really disappointed in that. A lot of the answers given make me feel like there isn't that much room to grow in the upcoming expansions because some things are ANNOYING as was said in one tweet. I pre-ordered the Sims 4 with the expectation that there would be lots of room to grown and update the game - but i am getting the impression they are limiting things. I am glad about the emotions and facial expressions and responses they are adding as I felt very disconnected from my Sims 3 and yet not from my Sims 2. I know that every new version of the Sims has a lot of unique features and really is a different game from its previous version - and i always trust Maxis and EA will come through - however this time i am worried

I have also been playing around with the Sims 4 CAS and i do love this - and each Sim does look so different and seems very responsive in facial expressions. However, the skin tones and the hair are not my favorite. I use to fill out a lot of the questionairres sent to me by EA/Maxis about what i liked about playing the Sims and for me it is the creativity of the game, the textures, skintones, the eyes and hair and the look of the Sims world. Now we are back to the Sims 2 version of this. Hoping our creative genius' out there will be looking into creating skintones, beautiful eyes and hair, and clothes.

I will play with an open mind, i know i love the new CAS but the rest is for when Sep 2 comes around

Please do not upload, or post any of my creations to the Sims2 Exchange or any pay site. As a note; I like to personalize all my creations by altering the alpha files a bit, which if anyone has tried before it can be a pain. ;o) Happy Simming :o)

More Jules5 creations
Forum Resident
#47 Old 21st Jul 2014 at 11:22 AM
@HystericalParoxysm: Comedy-Skill.

Edit: http://simsvip.com/2014/07/20/the-s...ets/#more-39200
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 10:51 AM
Also they remove maternity clothes, so every clothing that the sims wear is enabled for pregnancy according to this

http://simsvip.com/2014/06/11/the-s...ng-of-the-past/
Field Researcher
#49 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Finsterlavey
Also they remove maternity clothes, so every clothing that the sims wear is enabled for pregnancy according to this

http://simsvip.com/2014/06/11/the-s...ng-of-the-past/

Is this good? I can't decide. I always hated meternity wear but I doubt ALL clothes will look good like this. Will have to dress pregnant Sims carefully!

In all honesty, I would have just preferred we could pick our maternity wear when pregnant, like picking everyday outfits normally

Test Subject
#50 Old 22nd Jul 2014 at 2:00 PM
I think it would be cool if they had sexuality traits, which would be fun for roleplay.
Page 2 of 7