Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 2:26 AM
Help Please
i am trying to create a mesh. i am using milkshape and then im exporting to 3ds max.but when im finish i tired to import but it gets an error and closes. Are we suppose to just mesh the base mesh or do we mesh all of them.

Thanks! i appreciate your help!

PS:
how do you assign bones? im clueless
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 2:50 PM
I think only Milkshape and Blender have sims 3 plugins, I think. And for the bone assignments, have you checked out the tutorials section here?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 4:29 PM
I strongly suggest not using 3DS for clothes, since then you have to reassign all the bones yourself, one by one - you'd have to be insane to try it. For smaller items like accessories or hairs, it's doable.

Tutorials:3D Meshing Indexwiki - this has a quite detailed explanation of how to use joints and animation, using Milkshape.
Tutorial:Sims 3 Hair Basicswiki - this has a much quicker, less detailed explanation of how to use the Unimesh plugins for working with bones; good if you already understand the principles but need to know how to apply them in Milkshape (use the contents list to jump to the bone assignments section).
You have to do the bone assignments in Milkshape or Blender - other programs lose them during export to the obj format.

Saying that "it gets an error and closes" isn't really useful - what does the error say?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 9:56 PM
the error says: Index was outside the bounds of the array
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 10:42 PM
Ohh, I remember that one, it's to do with... erm. Vertex numbering? Seams? Something like that... I found a very handy thread on CustomSims3 which told me exactly what the error meant, and that I could do jack all about it. What format are you importing as?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 11:20 PM
Is WSO. a format?