Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 4:46 PM
Default Explosive mesh
What might be wrong when this happens: I export a mesh from the sims 3 in CTU ---> Import it into milkshape by GEOM importer ---> it says unable to locate bone file, default skeleton used and then the mesh looks like it totally exploded.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 4:52 PM
I had that same problem a while back, see this thread here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...012#post2790012

Read from post #21 (my post) onward.

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:09 PM
Now it works but it still makes me use the default skeleton, is that all normal? Anyhow could you tell me what did WesHowe mean by this:
"What was missing was the matching .skcon for your mesh, it should be extracted also, when it is present, the plugin resets the joint positions to the exact values in the file."

Am I supposed to extract some .skcon file? Sorry I'm still such a noob with this since I am yet learning mesh creation.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:18 PM
Using the default skeleton is fine for most things. If you have problems, then you can try extracting the .skcon file from FullBuild0.package, but you shouldn't need to.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 5:42 PM
alright then, thank you
Alchemist
#6 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 4:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Using the default skeleton is fine for most things.

This is correct. The big caveat is that the default is an adult (good for teens, too). It fails on children and toddlers (doesn't crash or anything, but a child mesh only gets up to about the spine1 joint).

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.