Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 11:39 AM
Default What instruments do you play?
I play the drums.

I've been playing

Snare Drum - 6 years
Drum Set - 4 1/2 years.

I love it.

Great Hobby.
Advertisement
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 3:56 PM
So few drummers out there these days, kids usually want to be the lead guitarist or something.
But in the end, the drummers and bass players have the most market and are the coolest.

I've played violin since I was six, but not very constantly, there's been periods when I didn't want to and my teacher was holding the bow and trying to motivate me.
I've now played violin for 11 years (I'm seventeen), and always with the same amazing Russian teacher. I play very enthusiastically these days, because I've realized that's what I can do, play songs with grand feeling and spirit.

Bass I started at 11, guitar at 13, I've played both kinda on/off, but this summer I got immersed in Metal and bought a new guitar that sparked me to play hours per day. I love it, it's the best feeling.

I play some piano too, it's very handy instrument.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:35 PM
I really want to play the guitar. I have a practice guitar so basically, the guitar.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 6:57 PM
Flute, clarinet, saxophone, drums, guitar, a bit of French horn, and a bit of piano.

...I was the ultimate band geek in high school.

Cait

"If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is ‘God is crying’. And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is ‘Probably because of something you did’."
- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
The other one
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by girlgeek19
...I was the ultimate band geek in high school.

Yep, me too.

I originally played the trumpet at school which changed to a cornet for the church band but when I got train-tracks (Oh yeah, I was that calibre of geek) my tutor switched me to trombone to stop me cutting my lips up. I also took piano lessons and played a little redorder.

The weird thing is I don't have a musical bone in my body. I think I just got talked into it when I was young but kept at it because my best friend was in all the same bands. I don't play anything now.

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Theorist
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2009 at 11:41 PM
I started learning the clarinet when I was 8, I'm 20 now so that's 12 years on that.

And last year for my 19th birthday my dad bought me an electric guitar. He plays the guitar, he learnt when he was young, and I started playing his so he bought me my own. In a way I prefer it to my clarinet. The guitar comes more naturally to me because I don't need to worry so much about my breathing and hitting the right key when I'm nervous, plus I associate my clarinet with numerous music exams and some dreadful but compulsory performances on stage. The guitar is just for fun, for me and nobody else!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 4:20 AM
I used to take piano lessons. I still know the basics and play by myself from my Mum's old piano books.

I also take trombone lessons and am in the school's tiny little instrumental band, even though I'm not that good at it.

I did ukulele and recorder in primary school as well

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Alchemist
#8 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 4:32 AM
I play piano. I'm entirely self taught, which makes me rather proud of myself .

I'd love to learn guitar though, the problem is I don't own one.

Everything sucks, until it doesn't.
Undead Molten Llama
#9 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 4:58 AM
I have a master's degree in music performance. I can play just about anything, though I tend to fail at the brass family. And I never got the hang of a drum set. Too much coordination required, I think.

By profession, I'm a concert pianist, although I do more teaching than I do concert appearances these days. I'm slowly doing more concerts now that my kids are getting old enough to fend for themselves, though. Soon, I'll be able to leave them home alone. Yays! I also play cello in a string quartet. We play lots of regional weddings, art gallery/museum gigs, private parties, etc. I also play the lever harp, also known as the Celtic or folk harp, again mostly at weddings. And at Robbie Burns Night celebrations. I will harp for haggis.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The other one
#10 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 5:22 AM
I remember you saying you were in a string quartet but I had no idea you were also a concert pianist, go iCad!

I have to say as a Scot I never really considered a harp as being particularly celtic or Rabbie Burns-esque but when I think about it I guess I don't really run in the sort of circles that would appreciate the delicate sounds of a string instrument over the bold and brash racket of bag pipes Thanks for reminding me of how close it is to Burns night though, I'm gonna have to put extra effort into celebrating it since I completely forgot all about St Andrew's day. Honestly, I should be ashamed to call myself Scottish

Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 5:36 AM
As I understand it, the lever harp was more the domain of the Welsh than the Scots, but the local group of people of Scottish heritage who do an annual Robbie Burns Night thing invited me to come and play during the poetry readings and such, and then I teamed up with a singer and we do some traditional songs. But I don't try to drown out the pipes. But since I am Welsh by heritage, there we are. Although I didn't start playing the thing until I was in my 30s. I attended a folk music camp one summer to teach fiddling on the cello, and went to some of the beginner harp classes on a lark. Got hooked. An obsession was born.

But yeah, piano is my main source of income, fer sure. According to my mum, I started banging on my family's (badly out of tune) piano when I was two. Started lessons when I was three, so I've been playing a long, long time...

And yes! January 25th is nigh! Prepare the haggis! (And invite me for dinner... )

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Alchemist
#12 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 5:59 AM
i...i play the air guitar.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
The other one
#13 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 6:08 AM
Maybe I should've known that too since my husband's Welsh but I really am a rubbish Celt. He can take the blame for that one though since he should be the one to teach me about his heritage.

I just noticed an error in my earlier comment, I meant to say I didn't realise the harp was particularly Scottish not Celtic. I thought it was an Irish tradition. I've definitely seen them in Scotland at the Hebridean Festival on the Western Isles (Scotland) but the Heb Festival attracts folk musicians from all Celtic backgrounds including ones I didn't even know exsisted like from mainland Europe. Sounds like you would fit right in there actually - I mean the Heb Festival, not mainland Europe! If you ever plan a trip to the UK you should definitely work the Heb festival into it and of course you can pop round for some haggis, neeps and tatties

Unfortunately I will be in England on Burns night but I might have to convince my hubby to take me to Albanach, the only Scottish restaurant I've ever heard of (which is conveniently just down the road from me, nomnomnom)

Inventor
#14 Old 8th Dec 2009 at 9:36 PM
Trumpet, Piano, Baritone. I was in concert and marching and symphonic band throughout middle and high school. We marched in the Pasadena Rose Bowl Parade in '91. We won the best band in the northwest award (I played baritone for that one) in '92 with 'The Year of The Dragon' performance.

I'd like to play the cello someday.
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 1:58 PM
Well...I play flute, piano and guitar...I have two guitars and I' m going to have a third guitar...an electric one...I can't wait XD

Code:
Egle

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Dec 2009 at 2:30 PM
I do play drums mostly through I hardly wear my HAs. I can just follow what I feel and I barely can hear the drumming sound. But it is more fun to play it. =)
Instructor
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:12 AM
I'm in the process of learning to play the guitar. Though I'll admit I'm not very good at it. Hahaha
Inventor
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 10:15 AM
I used to play the drums for 3 years but I didn't practise enough.
I played a little guitar and piano/keyboard in music lessons at school.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2009 at 5:06 PM
i played the guitar console for guitar hero, together with the recorder i played during kindergarten. does that count?? ^o^
Test Subject
#20 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 6:37 AM
I like to play mouth organ .. I learned it to play when I was 10yrs old and from there I take it always with me . I play it daily and I also teach small children to play it
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Dec 2009 at 6:00 PM
I can play the bassoon and the clarinet well, and I can play a few songs on the piano. I'd like to be able to play the guitar, but I'm just not very good at it (or any string instrument, for that matter).
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 2:22 PM
I play Violin and a bit of keyboard and piano

I have a guitar but I can't play it.
Instructor
#23 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 2:34 PM
I play the Baritone. (Treble Clef, if anyone is interested in knowing)
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 10:34 PM
Default .....
I´m playing E-Guitar and Acoustic-Guitar,
it isn´t very good, but ok.
I´m going to play them well,...
in a long,long time.
The miniatur Acoustic-Guitar of me,
has become the name-Blue
(because she is,..blue )
And my E-Guitar got the name:...(do not suprise-Name of a Gazette Tour)
Nameless Liberty Six Guns , short>>Liberty, it´s a beautiful name,isn´t it?
-R3iT@
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 10:19 PM
Bass guitar
Page 1 of 4