Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2018 at 10:53 PM
Default Custom Career problems
Hi fellow simmers,
I've come here because I can't find a solution for my problem.

Lately I was trying to make a custom vet career, but even though it's my 4th attempt, the career still doesn't work properly. I'm a newbie to this so I guess I make a mistake -probably same one all the time- in strings unhashed keys. The game sees the career but even after doing all steps from tutorial my career is still a bunch of numbers and causing my game to crash; in 'career' no name is shown,no metrics,no tones,no description,simply nothing showing except pictures [even Nraas can't choose this career's levels or anything connected to this one]. I was trying to look at other custom careers and well...so far coding looks pretty similar but still not working.
I uploaded folder with my career and its contents. It has only polish strings added as it's the lang of my game but I'll attach the english strings in folder [not added to career yet..]. Or maybe english strings are a must have for a career to work?
Could anyone look into this and tell me where do I do the mistake/correct the mistake? I'll accept all advices,I need to learn how to properly create careers

Ps. I was using tutorial from wiki and missyhissy. Please dont mind my poor eng. skills
Attached files:
File Type: rar  vetcareer.rar (21.9 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadzialenaxD
Hi fellow simmers,
I've come here because I can't find a solution for my problem.

Lately I was trying to make a custom vet career, but even though it's my 4th attempt, the career still doesn't work properly. I'm a newbie to this so I guess I make a mistake -probably same one all the time- in strings unhashed keys. The game sees the career but even after doing all steps from tutorial my career is still a bunch of numbers and causing my game to crash; in 'career' no name is shown,no metrics,no tones,no description,simply nothing showing except pictures [even Nraas can't choose this career's levels or anything connected to this one]. I was trying to look at other custom careers and well...so far coding looks pretty similar but still not working.
I uploaded folder with my career and its contents. It has only polish strings added as it's the lang of my game but I'll attach the english strings in folder [not added to career yet..]. Or maybe english strings are a must have for a career to work?
Could anyone look into this and tell me where do I do the mistake/correct the mistake? I'll accept all advices,I need to learn how to properly create careers

Ps. I was using tutorial from wiki and missyhissy. Please dont mind my poor eng. skills

One of the tutorials said you needed English strings for it to work, along with the secondary language. Plop that in and see if it fixes it. It didn't crash my game and I have a zillion mods. Make sure all of your expansions are checked when you open your game. I found that helped me out, when I was getting script errors.

I want to know how you got the little picture to come up with a white background. Mine comes up with a dark one and makes it hard to see.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 7:21 PM
I simply downloaded all TS3 Images existing in game from some site and they all have transparent background...I'll upload it for you when I'm back home,if I can find them....
Ps. Were my strings okay? I dont know if I haven't made some errors :/
Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MadzialenaxD
I simply downloaded all TS3 Images existing in game from some site and they all have transparent background...I'll upload it for you when I'm back home,if I can find them....
Ps. Were my strings okay? I dont know if I haven't made some errors :/

One spelling error for level six: Professional Dog Trainer (you spelled it 'Proff"), otherwise it looked fine, English-wise.

I hope you get it to work! Mine is still being cranky, and I had trouble understanding what they want for the upload. Maybe one day I'll post mine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2018 at 3:49 PM
Sadly it's not working even after adding English strings. Maybe I should just give up already,how many times can I start it over and over...
Anyway,I uploaded the pic pack for you. I do not own this, just reuploading as I can't find the site where I got it from.
You can dowload them here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s7c6.../Sims3Icons.zip
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 10:11 PM Last edited by sabershadowkat : 14th Jun 2018 at 11:22 PM.
I found a mistake in yours!

Go to your Polish strings notepad file. Add the bolded words to your own file. Save, Re-STBL it, and add it to your package.

<KEY>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:Weterynaria</KEY>
<STR>Weterynaria</STR>
<KEY>Gameplay/Careers/GetJobInRabbitHole:JoinCareer6355632353824686304</KEY> <---This is the third line

Do the same thing for your English file. It should read JoinCareer6355632353824686304 when you are done on both.

Then you have to go back and edit the unhashed and the FNV Hash key line above it. Re-stbl and replace. Save.

See if that fixes things up.

I'm still at a quandary myself. No matter what I do, the first job level name will not appear, and I've now made TWO career mods. It's frustrating.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 2:22 PM
I will start it all over again as I finally have some spare time. I hope this time It'll work! <3