Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default Sims can't interact, go to college or turn supernatural.
Okay, so I've been having crazy issues with my games for some reason. It started when I installed Sims 3 Supernatural last year, I created a fairy and when I got to the game play..she wasn't a fairy (and the new traits you should have aren't in the game). The only thing that worked was to make her a master alchemist, gather all the necessary ingredients (which took forever), create the Blessing of the Fae potion and then have her drink it. Then I purchased Sims 3 Dragon Valley and Sims 3 University Life..signed my sim up for college, got to the loading screen and it froze and crashed after an hour of loading. Last but not least I CAN'T CLICK ON MY SIMS. I have tried everything from uninstalling University Life and Dragon Valley to deleting all my caches (which in turn deleted some CC such as hair and eyes etc) then reinstalled the games and tried again. No luck. My sims can't interact with each other, can't go to college and my supernatural sims don't work the way they should. If anyone has any idea of what I can do (other than uninstalling ALL my games and deleting ALL six years of creating) to make my games run normally PLEASE let me know. I will be incredibly grateful.
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 9:02 PM
Missing traits and inability to interact with sims initially sounds like out-of-date game mods. What happens when you run your game with all custom content (.sims3packs and .packages files) removed?

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Madilyn8113
to deleting all my caches (which in turn deleted some CC such as hair and eyes etc) then reinstalled the games and tried again. No luck.

So, you're not supposed to delete ALL the caches. One folder, DCCache, you're not supposed to touch. The caches you clear and the folders DCBackup and WorldCaches and the files you can delete are CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.package, scriptCache.package, simCompositorCache.package, and socialCache.package. You mentioned some CC, do you have any Mods? If so, are they up-to-date or do they match your game version?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 12:08 AM
So sorry for the super late reply everyone!

Spladoum, I haven't tried running the game with all of the CC removed only because I have quite a bit and enjoy having most of it when I play.

FluffyMao!, I didn't know that! Thank you for the heads up. I was able to restore all the things I deleted so I think everything is as it was.
And to answer your question I have a ton of mods and have no clue if they're up to date. How would I find that out?