Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 6:40 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Sims 3 Won't Work After Downloading "Download the ready-made FrameworkSetup.zip"
My package files have never worked so while looking up why they don't work, I came across ModTheSims instructions which included a step by step process and link to download something that would help your package files to work. I did as was instructed, and I know it worked because it was supposed to remove the movie that plays when loading up the game and it did. However, I can't play anymore. It won't let me into the game, it loads for literally 30-40 minutes, that's not an exaggeration. Last night was closer to an hour, tonight more like 40 minutes, and when it finally loaded, I tried to place a copy of a sim into a home and just like that it crashed. I scanned my computer. I didn't find anything malicious. But I waited again for about 20 minutes to get on and now I'm posting here. I want to remove what I did but in my Mods folder is a file "Resource.cfg" and I'm worried to delete that or the other folder "Overrides" because I don't want to ruin my game. I thought this site was trustworthy and I'm really worried for my game right now, anyone else experience this? (((

(btw, I did delete the zip file it left over in my sims 3 folder)

(Just brought my game back up and it had loaded but when I tried to place my sim it crashed again. I have done so much in this game, someone please tell me how to fix this bs )

Thanks!
Advertisement
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#2 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 9:09 AM
Moved to Sims 3 Help.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 12:54 PM
Check there’s nothing inside in both your Packages folder, and your Overrides folder. If you find any file delete it or cut it and move it to your desktop.

If you still experience the same issue, do all the steps outlined here. All is all. Some will clearly not apply to you, but please double check.

Try to run your game again.

If all that fails, download, run, and use this tool to read the text files that the game has generated each time it crashed to know WHY it is crashing.
Alchemist
#4 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 5:29 PM
Also, the "Resource.cfg" is what actually makes the packages work. It is safe to delete but then your downloaded packages definitely won't work and you'll just have useless Mods folder in your hands. That is the only effect it has to your game.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 3:59 PM
Hi, sorry to read that you have been having those troubles. If it was me I would try to confirm the issue in order to make sure that it is the mods folder that is crashing your game, and not something else.

1. I would definitely take the entire "Mods" folder and move out of your The Sims 3 folder and to the desktop (It's just here while you test)
2. Clear your cache files
3. Load up the game and try to start a new save
4. If successful, you know it is the Mods folder causing you trouble and it will be easier to troubleshoot.
5. If not, it could be something else.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/