Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 5:06 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Help!
I tried to mod The Sims 3 with mods like the weapon mod, sliders mod, deathnote mod and gardener mod but they won't show on the game! Could someone please help me with this?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DaBest1
I tried to mod The Sims 3 with mods like the weapon mod, sliders mod, deathnote mod and gardener mod but they won't show on the game! Could someone please help me with this?

Are you placing them in the right folder? They belong in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages. And you need a Resource.cfg file placed in the "Mods" folder (not Packages.) See attached. Also, if those mods you mentioned are in zip or rar files, you need to extract them into the mods folder; the game won't see them until they're unzipped.

Here are the instructions for the config file, if needed: http://simpedia.sims2cri.com/index....esource.cfg_eng
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Resource.zip (535 Bytes, 2 downloads) - View custom content
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#3 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 10:39 AM
Moved to Help. Modding discussion if for creating content, not using content. Also please write a sensible subject for your threads.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#4 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 10:40 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Installing Custom Content
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 3.

Game_Help:TS3_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing .package and sims3packs.