Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 3:27 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default .Package files MOSTLY not showing up
My sims 3 wont accept the majority of the packages i have put into it. The skin mods work reasonably well, outside of some bugs, but NRAAS and nearly every other package does not work. I have no errors they simply dont activate. Nointro and Nosparkles work.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 3:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
can you post the resource.cfg file?

Whoops i forgot to, sorry!

Contents are as follows:

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 4:22 AM
Well, I didn't catch anything wrong with your setup. If some mods/cc work then it means the setup should be fine.

So, skins work, nosparkle/nointro works.

What doesn't work are your sliders and the NRAAS mods?

For the NRAAS mods, make sure you downloaded the correct version for your patch. The others, you'll probably have to ask the creator about it. Maybe you missed something.

Ah, yes all of the sliders work, forgot about those too haha. NRAAS mods dont work and all of my mods that use the piemenu dont seemingly work. Some of them require NRAAS which is why i specified but some dont and still wont work. I did double check the patches though, those are all at the right version.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 1:57 PM Last edited by stevset : 15th Aug 2015 at 2:03 PM. Reason: added resource.cfg comments
Quote: Originally posted by BearWithTopHat
Ah, yes all of the sliders work, forgot about those too haha. NRAAS mods dont work and all of my mods that use the piemenu dont seemingly work. Some of them require NRAAS which is why i specified but some dont and still wont work. I did double check the patches though, those are all at the right version.

Try the following, cause I can't see any conflict in that setup of yours and the NRaas mods seems the right versions on patch 1.67.x;
- Delete the ScriptCache.package in your Sims 3 userdirectory (Libraries\Documents\EA\The Sims 3)
- Start the game, load a save, then Click on the CityHall or any Ingame Computer> and see if you can find NRaas in the pie menu. These mods should show in those objects.

Report back if the issue continues.

Edit:
Also another thing to note, your Mods Framework has an Overrides folder in it, that isn't currently included in your resource.cfg. If you want to make use of the Overrides folder, you'll need a resource.cfg that covers it. In here under point 2, you can get the one that covers it, just download it and pull the resource.cfg out of the zip file and place it inside your Sims 3\Mods folder.

Did you by any chance remove that within your current resource.cfg?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 5:06 PM
So only piemenu mods don't work? Then in this case, you have a mod which is conflicting with all your pie menu mods. You have to isolate this mod.

Pie menu and decensor. The only mod i have not using the pie menu that doesnt work. Which is why i thought it was an NRAAS problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
Try the following, cause I can't see any conflict in that setup of yours and the NRaas mods seems the right versions on patch 1.67.x;
- Delete the ScriptCache.package in your Sims 3 userdirectory (Libraries\Documents\EA\The Sims 3)
- Start the game, load a save, then Click on the CityHall or any Ingame Computer> and see if you can find NRaas in the pie menu. These mods should show in those objects.

Report back if the issue continues.

Edit:
Also another thing to note, your Mods Framework has an Overrides folder in it, that isn't currently included in your resource.cfg. If you want to make use of the Overrides folder, you'll need a resource.cfg that covers it. In here under point 2, you can get the one that covers it, just download it and pull the resource.cfg out of the zip file and place it inside your Sims 3\Mods folder.

Did you by any chance remove that within your current resource.cfg?

Sadly that didnt work, neither city hall or a computer had the menu. The override folder is empty, it came with my framework install, ive not edited my resource.cfg at all.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 5:36 PM
When you updated your game to patch V1.67.X did you do it through the launcher? Sometimes the launcher breaks more then what its intended to do and the reason why MC or Decensor isn't recognized.

Anyways, I would suggest reapplying manually the Super patch V1.67.x, the file is quite large. Even though the launcher confirms you are already on patch 1.67.x just run it and when it says that you already on patch 1.67..... do you wish to proceed? Confirm with YES, this way any broken/incomplete update the launcher did, will be restored.

Once done, delete your ScriptCache.package file once again and retry, perhaps on a new neighborhood, in case something is wrong with your current save (if you already have one running).

As for my comment on the resource.cfg file, if a creator ask you to place his/her mod in the Overrides folder, the game will not acknowledge such mods in your Overrides folder as your current resource.cfg isn't covered by it. It's up to you if you follow the advice given or not, but you are informed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 6:07 PM
When you updated your game to patch V1.67.X did you do it through the launcher? Sometimes the launcher breaks more then what its intended to do and the reason why MC or Decensor isn't recognized.

Anyways, I would suggest reapplying manually the Super patch V1.67.x, the file is quite large. Even though the launcher confirms you are already on patch 1.67.x just run it and when it says that you already on patch 1.67..... do you wish to proceed? Confirm with YES, this way any broken/incomplete update the launcher did, will be restored.

Once done, delete your ScriptCache.package file once again and retry, perhaps on a new neighborhood, in case something is wrong with your current save (if you already have one running).

As for my comment on the resource.cfg file, if a creator ask you to place his/her mod in the Overrides folder, the game will not acknowledge such mods in your Overrides folder as your current resource.cfg isn't covered by it. It's up to you if you follow the advice given or not, but you are informed.

Updating didnt help sadly, but yes it was patched through the launcher. Didnt work again sadly. I'll look back on my mods and see if any of them required overrides, maybe thats the cause?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 6:21 PM
Hey Stevset,

What is the override folder? I don't have that, is it important? I also have a dccache folder in my mods folder. I don't know why there is one and why it is there, but I'm afraid to delete it. It is like 200 meg.

Ok, sorry back to the OP.

It still looks like a mod conflict to me, as tedious as it sounds, you should try the 50/50 method and try to find the offending mod. Or you can jump ahead and just test the ones that are broken separately. For example, has the NRAAS mods work by itself at all?

Actually i was just testing that now, so far I've gotten rid of all but the skin mods that i know work and NRAAS to see if it starts working, no luck. I'll get rid of the skin mods now and try NRAAS by itself. I've been deleting the cache files each time i got rid of my mods as is recommended by the install guide. Hope I've done that correctly heh.

EDIT: NRAAS does not work by itself. So thats interesting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 6:49 PM
So it is an NRAAS problem? Then you should follow Stevset or Igazor's help, or go over to NRAAS chatterbox.

It seems likely that it is an NRAAS problem, yet some mods i have dont require NRAAS yet also dont work such as Animated woohoo and its animations.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 6:50 PM Last edited by stevset : 15th Aug 2015 at 7:16 PM. Reason: correcting a link
Hey Stevset,

What is the override folder? I don't have that, is it important? I also have a dccache folder in my mods folder. I don't know why there is one and why it is there, but I'm afraid to delete it. It is like 200 meg.

Ok, sorry back to the OP.

DCCache in your Mods framework seems really an old type of mods framework you have, something maybe related to CCMagic or EGC Core mod back in the days?

What is upped on here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files should be sufficient to play with mods.

The Overrides folder is there if you have 2 mods that conflicts with eachother. Say a creator made a tuning mod (1) with adjusted Social Interaction and Romance Attraction, you love the social interaction, but not so much the tuning on Romance Attraction. But you found a tuning mod (2) that solely adjust the Romance Attraction that you like, you can dump tuning mod 2 in Overrides and the other tuning mod 1 in Packages.
What this will do is that mod 2 in overrides, will override the Romance Attraction tuning mod in tuning mod 1 that is in Packages. Overrides folder takes priority over all duplicate tuning.

An advance Sims 3 gamer with knowledge in tuning, will combine these 2 mods into one mod with their favorite tuning. But for another with less knowledge in tuning, this is the easy way out.

Quote: Originally posted by BearWithTopHat
Actually i was just testing that now, so far I've gotten rid of all but the skin mods that i know work and NRAAS to see if it starts working, no luck. I'll get rid of the skin mods now and try NRAAS by itself. I've been deleting the cache files each time i got rid of my mods as is recommended by the install guide. Hope I've done that correctly heh.

EDIT: NRAAS does not work by itself. So thats interesting.

Okay, let try this:
- Pull out your current Mods Folder from your Sims 3 userdirectory and place it on your desktop
- Re-Download a new Framework from here.
- Unpack the content to your Sims 3 userdirectory (libraries\documents\EA\Sims 3\)
- Get new downloads of the MasterController Base mod and Decensor mod from the site in my signature make sure they are for patch 1.67.x
- Place these mods in the Mods\Packages\ folder
- Clear Cache and run your game, check the CityHall for NRaas in the piemenu.

Can you confirm?

If its positive, go back to the old mods folder on your desktop and transfer all other mods beside MasterController and Decensor to your new Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder and see if the combo of mods you have now work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:33 PM
DCCache in your Mods framework seems really an old type of mods framework you have, something maybe related to CCMagic or EGC Core mod back in the days?

What is upped on here: [[http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...tup_and_Files]] should be sufficient to play with mods.

The Overrides folder is there if you have 2 mods that conflicts with eachother. Say a creator made a tuning mod (1) with adjusted Social Interaction and Romance Attraction, you love the social interaction, but not so much the tuning on Romance Attraction. But you found a tuning mod (2) that solely adjust the Romance Attraction that you like, you can dump tuning mod 2 in Overrides and the other tuning mod 1 in Packages.
What this will do is that mod 2 in overrides, will override the Romance Attraction tuning mod in tuning mod 1 that is in Packages. Overrides folder takes priority over all duplicate tuning.

An advance Sims 3 gamer with knowledge in tuning, will combine these 2 mods into one mod with their favorite tuning. But for another with less knowledge in tuning, this is the easy way out.

Okay, let try this:
- Pull out your current Mods Folder from your Sims 3 userdirectory and place it on your desktop
- Re-Download a new Framework from here.
- Unpack the content to your Sims 3 userdirectory (libraries\documents\EA\Sims 3\)
- Get new downloads of the MasterController Base mod and Decensor mod from the site in my signature make sure they are for patch 1.67.x
- Place these mods in the Mods\Packages\ folder
- Clear Cache and run your game, check the CityHall for NRaas in the piemenu.

Can you confirm?

If its positive, go back to the old mods folder on your desktop and transfer all other mods beside MasterController and Decensor to your new Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder and see if the combo of mods you have now work.

So that kinda worked, i installed mastercontroller and decensor along with the NRAAS cheat mod, the cheat mod was detected, decensor and mastercontroller were not. and none of the three worked in game. I also can no longer use showers. BUT nothings been detected before, up until now, so thats a plus.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:50 PM
Sorry at this point, I am out of ideas, we have over thousands of gamers who downloaded either one of these mods and more. And the ones having problems solved it with the instructions given here above at this point I would need to be behind the PC that being stubborn to see whats wrong, since that isn't possible I am afraid that its ends here for me.

Maybe someone else comes along, who can up suggestions I haven't thought up before.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 7:52 PM
Sorry at this point, I am out of ideas, we have over thousands of gamers who downloaded either one of these mods and more. And the ones having problems solved it with the instructions given here above at this point I would need to be behind the PC that being stubborn to see whats wrong, since that isn't possible I am afraid that its ends here for me.

Maybe someone else comes along, who can up suggestions I haven't thought up before.

Well thats alright, I'll keep going at it. If i figure it out ill post my results here.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 5:01 AM
A bit late to see this thread, sorry. What exactly do you mean by the "NRaas Cheat mod"? If you mean MasterController's MC Cheats module, it is not possible for that one to do anything at all if MC is not loading correctly as it's just an add-on. But maybe you meant something else entirely?

May I ask please, before trying thousands of other things, from what source you have obtained the base game and its EP/SPs? Would that be Origin, some other digital source (which one), a retail store's discs, etc? And is this actually an Origin or a disc install of everything?