Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 6:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Game freezes...but animations continue?
My game seems to be locking up quite a bit but the animations keep going. For example, the snoring "Z"s keep coming, one sim was cleaning the toilet and the water kept moving, smoke continues to billow from a bust laptop, the fountain in the yard keeps...fountaining.

It will hang, resume, hang again etc etc
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 8:01 PM
The game simulator that runs the objects in town, and the animation system run on different threads. So even if the simulator is busy, the animations still keep playing.

Read the second post in this thread for possible solutions : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=435588

Good Luck.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 8:00 PM
me to help!
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 2:27 PM
So that is why that happens?!

Thanks, this always confused me.

I have been gaming on the PC since 95 and every other time a game froze on me the whole game froze, the fact that some parts of the animation continued was really confusing to me, so thanks for answering this. I can know die happy knowing the answer to this question