Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 9:29 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
Can't harvest or sleep in my own bed after installing Supernatural
Hi,

I am wondering if I am the only one that have discovered a few bugs in Sims 3 Supernatural/World Adventure or if there is something bad going on in my game.

My problems starts pretty late in the game, so far there is tree things that won't work.

First is suddenly I can't use my bed anymore, she stomps the ground and complains for a missing butler in the bed ? - Then I try to use the butlers bed and she is happy to sleep in that one.
I then sell my bed and buy a new one, she will then be able to sleep in this for 2-3 times, before the same problem appears.

Second problem is if I travel to France (Could also be China or Egypt) but now we just say France, then I wants to harvest alot of grapes, I put up a kew of harvesting 8 different plants, she will then harvest one plant and the kew dissapears, so now kewing up harvesting isn't possible anymore. This then makes a brand new problem, when I come back home and wants my simmer to take care of my own garden, she then starts and ends her work after one plant. She no longer is able to take care of the entire garden, wich is a major problem when there is so many plants and threes.

Also if I caught some fish in any of the vacation areas, they won't come back home, I have them in my backpack when I decide to go home and as soon as I am home, they are all gone, as if I never caught anything ?

I only got EA items in my game.

So is this only happening for me? If so does anyone know what I can do to fix these problems ?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 4:08 PM
I haven't had the "Bed problem", but I have had the other two....

1. One plant harvests... Sadly, I tried everything (removing mods, refreshing cache, etc.) and none of that worked. It appears that the world code itself might be altered for your sims and the locations of the saved games. Before doing ANYTHING drastic, save a copy of your families and their houses to the Library (separately of course) AFTER you delete ALL of the existing harvestable plants on the lot. After that, delete the town, create a NEW game, place your house, and move your family back in to the new game.

2. The easiest way to get the vacation fish without cheating is to use the "buyDebug" cheat after "testingcheatsenabled true." Install all of the foreign fish spawners into a large community lot pond, or spread them out in different ones in your home town... Also do this in the new game, as I suspect the fish problem and the harvestable ones go hand in hand.
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 8:27 AM
I tried #1 out with Hidden Springs, but the plants aren't working (the harvesting chain is broken as you described earlier). Frustrating indeed Maybe only Moonlight Falls works right now.

The plan for #2 will still work though (placing spawn points in ponds), or have your witch conjure Apples and transmute them for a chance of getting different fish (local, foreign, and the new ones too). Once you have 10 of a type, stock them in your own pond
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 8:58 PM
Great, thanks I now know that I am not alone with these bugs.

Also thanks for the great ideas, i will start playing with some apples right away :D
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 6:30 AM
You're welcome

Noticed something else about the harvesting... Not only won't it let you harvest more than one at a time, but the STATE of the plants remain the SAME after the fruits and vegetables are picked (Worlds other than Moonlight Falls). If you pick the Apples off a tree, they will disappear from the tree (and be in your inventory), BUT the tree won't shift back to "Mature", it will stay at "Harvest."

*(STATES of plants are: Planted, Sprout, Growing, Mature, Harvest, Barren, and Dead.)