Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:19 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Pollination Technician shows up in wants and relationship panel
Hello!
I downloaded Queen of France's Multi PT Set and plopped them in my downloads folder. I then went into my game to test it out and I noticed that when my sim is getting abducted, she is stripped off of her everyday clothes and into her underwear, I didn't really think too much of it. But then when she came back, there was a problem; she came back just fine but she got a woohoo with a service sim memory, and the pollination technician sim showed up in her wants panel and even wanted to become friends with it. I also checked to see if she was able to contact the Pollination Tech through the phone and she was there and invited it over, although it never showed up. I use hoodchecker before every game session and nothing too serious have shown up so far. Should I be worried?

Edit: I have my objects.package set to read only (checked it) so hopefully no serious corruption
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 9:34 AM
At least part of that might be normal. Soon as I read your post I recalled what I thought was an issue with a polytech by BoilingOIl so i went and hunted down my post again. On page 5 here: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthre...tid=1409&page=5 over in the comments on the right is my post and BO's reply to me about knowing polytechs. So perhaps that is what happened here.

I don't know about the stripping of clothes or other things.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 3:45 PM
It is normal in the game's abduction process for the Sim being abducted to be stripped down to their underwear (it is "sucked off" when they are holding onto the telescope for dear life) before they are pulled into the mother ship. The WooHoo memory is also normal, I believe.

I've also seen the MPTs in the phone list but when my Sim tries to invite one over, the Sim on the phone locks up so I have to force an error on them to get them to be playable again. I don't believe there is any corruption here, I think that is how the abduction process works. The phone thing may simply be a result of using an MPT mod.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
It is normal in the game's abduction process for the Sim being abducted to be stripped down to their underwear (it is "sucked off" when they are holding onto the telescope for dear life) before they are pulled into the mother ship. The WooHoo memory is also normal, I believe.

I've also seen the MPTs in the phone list but when my Sim tries to invite one over, the Sim on the phone locks up so I have to force an error on them to get them to be playable again. I don't believe there is any corruption here, I think that is how the abduction process works. The phone thing may simply be a result of using an MPT mod.

Not the games abduction process. My sims have never had 'their clothes sucked off' lol, that would be a mod. Also they do not get a woohoo memory just an abduction memory. Perhaps this is from having a multi PT pack. I have never used one, I just swap around a default PT and have no abduction type mods.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 12:16 AM
Thank you guys! I thought It was uncommon for this to happen with a multi pt pack but i'm glad it doesn't sound too concerning. It might be a mod that is causing the stripping and the woohoo memory thing.

Also thanks Jo for that link! seeing the PT in the relationships panel kinda bothers me so it's nice to hear that I could remove the PT off the relationship panel.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Not the games abduction process. My sims have never had 'their clothes sucked off' lol, that would be a mod. Also they do not get a woohoo memory just an abduction memory. Perhaps this is from having a multi PT pack. I have never used one, I just swap around a default PT and have no abduction type mods.

You made me check, Jo. You are correct; my bad. For me, I believe it is a telescope mod (Chris Hatch's CJH_TelescopeFix+Teens which I've been using for so long that I forgot it wasn't standard game activity) that changes Sims into their underwear as they are abducted. I apologize for the incorrect information.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 5:35 AM
Ahh that would make sense. Chris tends to add some flavour to his mods. Now that I added one of his pregnancy mods my sims have slightly longer labours with a puddle of water at their feet. No need to apologise, I was just having a laugh over the clothes sucked off part.
At times it gets hard to recall what exactly is a mod and what is vanilla content.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
You made me check, Jo. You are correct; my bad. For me, I believe it is a telescope mod (Chris Hatch's CJH_TelescopeFix+Teens which I've been using for so long that I forgot it wasn't standard game activity) that changes Sims into their underwear as they are abducted. I apologize for the incorrect information.

I checked to see if i had the mod as well and it turns out I do! Well the stripping part makes more sense now. The only thing that bothers me now is the fact that the PT shows up in the abductee's relationship panel, but I guess I could just edit that in Simpe.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 1:48 PM
The PT showing up and being contactable is why I never downloaded that mod, despite the other features.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
The PT showing up and being contactable is why I never downloaded that mod, despite the other features.

Yeah this problem of the the PT showing up and being contactable does not exist in Boiling Oil's Multi PT Mod btw. So if you want a Multi PT Mod, I think BO's is best.

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2542

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Yeah this problem of the the PT showing up and being contactable does not exist in Boiling Oil's Multi PT Mod btw. So if you want a Multi PT Mod, I think BO's is best.

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2542

If I ever get a multi PT mod I'm going to have to make my own. There's stuff I want that no one else has done.