Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 1:41 PM Last edited by Prah : 19th Mar 2015 at 2:07 PM.
Rules and guidelines for State of Sims co-op play
Starting Monday February 16th
Setting up your neighborhood
  • You choose the terrain map and terrain type yourself, but no subhoods to begin with!
  • You choose how many sims you want to start out with, but pick a reasonable amount! You can also choose to have pets.
  • Townies are allowed but is not necessary.
  • You choose if your neighborhood is newly founded or if it's been around for a while, but either way it must yet live up to the starter regulations.
  • One of the created sims is chosen Mayor and another sims is chosen State Assembly person (representative for your neighborhood in Capitol City), these sims will be played as just as any regular sims and you choose yourself if/when you change Mayor or State Assembly Person (the last is preferably a life time mission).
  • No services through the phone is available in the beginning! Neither is fire or burglar alarm.

Careers and unlockable goals
  • The starting careers that are already unlocked are the following: Politics, Criminal, Athletic, Business, Slacker, Gamer (Seasons), Education (Seasons) and Architecture (Freetime).
  • To unlock a certain career, a certain building needs to be built/unlocked in Capitol City, which is through taxes that is paid by the neighborhoods.
  • To choose which building that should get funded, a poll will be set up when the time comes.
  • A building sometimes doesn't unlock just careers but sometimes also objects or services.
  • A complete list of what can be unlocked can be found here.

Taxes
  • Every neighborhood will pay an amount of taxes that is chosen by the size of your neighborhood.
  • To find out the size of your neighborhood, add x2 on the amount of playable sims if you have less than 10 lots. If you have more than 10 lots but less than 20 add x3 on the amount on playable sims. More than 20 lots but less than 30, add x4. etc up to over 50 lots (x7 the amount of playable sims).
  • Example of above: You have 15 playable sims in a neighborhood with 11 lots, then you take 15x3 which gives you a population of 45.
  • You choose yourself on how you decide to gather the taxes from your sims. Maybe you won't even take taxes but have one sim that is working to provide the money that's needed for the state taxes.
  • Tax sheets is not necessary but is something that somewhat makes it easier. But it's mostly something that I will keep track on, so don't worry if it sounds too much.
  • The amount of the state taxes is per 2 sim weeks, so if you pay the double amount of your state taxes you have paid for 4 sim weeks, etc. This is to make it easier when it's time for the "actual" tax payment when it's "round up". (So if you've played more than 2 sim weeks you have your state taxes paid for future "round ups")
  • And as a final example to how the tax works: If your neighborhood has a population of 45, calculated by the mentioned formula, you will need to pay 4500 simoleons in taxes as the tax is on 100 simoleons x your population. If the Capitol City decides more or less money is needed, this will be changed (for the better or good!)

Gameplay and the Cooperation
  • When it comes to gameplay, you are totally free on how you want to play your neighborhood (within the starter regulations)
  • The Capitol City will make decisions on banned objects or similar in the future, in the start everything is unrestricted (woo anarchy )
  • You can play in what kind of way you want, but every week or every second week it would be nice to have a "round up" to show progress and have the tax payment. Either this happens in one thread or every neighborhood has their own individual thread in the group. The last would be the easiest if you want to keep track on a certain neighborhood.
  • To make your sims being able to visit subhoods they cannot walk, they need to use either their own car or a taxi (excluding Vacation subhoods that uses a taxi service from the airport)

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can we have community lots, like shops, gym, school, administritive building?
A: Yes, all these are already unlocked due to the careers being unlocked to begin with.

Q: Can sims open business?
A: Yes, both home-owned and community lot

Q: Is there any cap in the open careers?
A: Yes, you can only reach level 9 in Education due to the Minister of Education title is a "one-person" assignement. Otherwise, none of the unlocked careers are restricted (except for that you can only have one Mayor at a time).

Q: Can we have Solar Panel/Energy Windmill in order to decrease bills?
A: Yes, the bills in-game you can choose to decrease (or remove completly). Although I might actually borrow this idea and perhaps give out state government grant for cities that chooses to use Solar Panel/Energy Windmills or similar. But it will be a future event in that case, since everything is yet figured out.

Q: Can we have a local bank?
A: Yes, a local bank might actually be needed even. Or at least a Treasury Reserve, to keep all the neighborhood's tax money that has yet been paid to the state government.

Q: Can we use CAS to make new sims after the hood is started?
A: Yes

Q: Is CC allowed?
A: This might be a tricky question, due to all the mods, hacks and other objects that exists out there. But yes, CC is allowed because how you run your neighborhood is by your own rules. Although actual in-game cheats (motherlode ) is not allowed, with the exception of build cheats. Only exception for the "no cheats"-rule is if you want to give a start capital to your family, you are allowed to use familyfunds ONCE! And please keep the money in a reasonable amount.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 3:53 PM
Good start everyone.
I know it's early enough to ask questions but
1. Can we have community lots, like shops, gym, school, administritive building?
2. Can sims open business?
3. Is there any cap in the open careers?
4. Can we have Solar Panel/Energy Windmill in order to decrease bills?
5. Can we have a local bank?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 4:17 PM
Xariss: Added your questions to the FAQ

Also worth to mention, I added two more starter careers.
Inventor
#4 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 9:14 PM
Questions:

1. When do we start?
2. Is there a limit on how much Simtime we can play for any given amount of realtime?
3. Can we use CAS to make new sims after the hood is started? (Example: making a spouse for one of the sims if I don't like the townies)
4. Is CC allowed? If so, what?

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PSDuckie
Questions:
4. Is CC allowed? If so, what?

I´d like to know that, too. Reason is, I have a lot of cc that might be considered cheaty, like Sims transformer, no social worker, children unattended at home, FlexiSchool and items that can make money like farm animals, custom crafting stations and chopable trees.
If these mods are out of question I´ll set up my neighborhood on my laptop (I have the UC installed there, no cc whatsoever).

Also what is the policy on supernaturals (both game provided and custom) and alien abductions?

EDIT: Oh, and no phone service, does this include that we cannot adopt pets or kids?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 2:35 PM
PSDuckie: This Monday or so and you can play how much you want, but preferably 2 sims weeks per 1 or 2 RL weeks due to the state taxes. I'll add the two other questions to the FAQ

Enki: Nope, that will be one of the things that'll be unlockable! Supernaturals are totally fine, you decide the rules on that.
Inventor
#7 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 10:49 PM
Let me just say that I'm *really* excited for this.

I assume that I can't start building until Monday; I'd love to be wrong about this (and only not be able to start playing the Sims in question until Monday)!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 2:24 PM
Didn't see this message until now (Monday xD) but yeah, you could have started building earlier than Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience :P
Scholar
#9 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
[*] And as a final example to how the tax works: If your neighborhood has a population of 45, calculated by the mentioned formula, you will need to pay 4500 simoleons in taxes as the tax is on 1000 simoleons x your population. If the Capitol City decides more or less money is needed, this will be changed (for the better or good!)

Me again... the 1000 is a typo, isn´t it? And the example calculation (45 x 100) correct? Because if taxes were 1000 times the population my sims would be real deep in the guano
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 9:38 PM Last edited by Prah : 16th Feb 2015 at 10:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Me again... the 1000 is a typo, isn´t it? And the example calculation (45 x 100) correct? Because if taxes were 1000 times the population my sims would be real deep in the guano

Yep, a typo, I meant 100 :P

EDIT: Worth to mention is that I've now posted a list of stuff that can be unlocked!
Inventor
#11 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:06 AM Last edited by PSDuckie : 19th Feb 2015 at 2:30 AM.
I have a question about the Mayor and Assemblyperson sims. Should I cheat them up to the proper career levels (Politics 10 for the Mayor; Politics 6 for the Assemblyperson)? I got the feeling that that was part of the setup, but could you please confirm?

UPDATE: I've finished building the houses (well, two of the four families in the town currently have houses; the other two live on their lawns!). Once I start playing, I'll put up pictures of the families and houses.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 8:58 PM
Yeah, that is part of the setup indeed

Also nice! When you post pictures it would be great if you created a thread in the group named "Neigborhood name - PSDuckie" where Neighborhood name is the name of your 'hood ofc
Scholar
#13 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 3:42 PM
Hi! The Conallys are spamming wants to go on a vacation. Will the vacation destinations be unlocked via an airport building project in the capitol or would that fall under the local governments´ responsibilities?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Hi! The Conallys are spamming wants to go on a vacation. Will the vacation destinations be unlocked via an airport building project in the capitol or would that fall under the local governments´ responsibilities?

That is a good suggestion, an airport building would be good to have in the capitol.

EDIT: Updated the unlockable list with a few things and added a new thing:
> To make your sims being able to visit subhoods they cannot walk, they need to use either their own car or a taxi (excluding Vacation subhoods that uses a taxi service from the airport)
Scholar
#15 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 10:21 PM
Quote:
Capitol Petroleum ($2.000)
Unlocks: Driveable vehicles

Seeing this I just punched the air and grinned - reason is, last round a burglar stole (among other things) a car in my neighborhood and now he cannot do anything with it for lack of fuel/gas. Serves that bastard right (Nevertheless the owners will exert a little vigilante justice on the burglar soon and reclaim their property even though without the Petroleum company having the car back is pointless. But it was a lovingly restored custom car from Freetime with personal value to them).
Inventor
#16 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 10:40 PM
I have a question. You say that "No services through the phone is available in the beginning!" Does that include calling other Sims, answering other Sims' calls, and throwing parties?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 3rd May 2015 at 11:49 AM
No, those are still available. When I mean services, I mean repair people, maids or similar.
Inventor
#18 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prah
No, those are still available. When I mean services, I mean repair people, maids or similar.

All right. Thanks! Now I can get back to playing that file.