Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 2:39 PM
Default Sims-Related Tattoos
What sims-related tattoos would you like to either have or see on a person?
I was thinking of something along the lines having a picture of a sim's needs with the words "Ultimate God-Like Power And Yet I Have To Tell You To go To The Toilet" wrapping around it. Of course, a lot can go wrong if you do word tattoos....

Or I could get a sort of stylized image of a sim freaking out over a fire by standing right by the flame.

Which ones would you guys consider?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 2:43 PM
I'd consider a plumbob. That's about it. In an inconspicuous place, so EA doesn't get free advertising from me. Or get it in a conspicuous place with them paying me for advertising. Buttt we all know how that would go. Promises, promises.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Theorist
#3 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 5:30 PM
A mosaic over my genitals.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 6:19 PM
Just remember that tattoos last as long as you do, whereas your interests and beliefs could change in less than a decade.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Banned
#5 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistermook
A mosaic over my genitals.

That's a bit far.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 8:00 PM
That was pretty tame for Mook. You need to lurk moar.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 8:10 PM
If I got formal tattoo training, I just might do everyone's sims tats.....in a studio of course.

Until then, designing them is all I can do.

And I'm not doing the mosaic.....Someone else can tattoo that on you lmao.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 8:18 PM
I used to do body piercings. We could do a mosaic in rings, Mook! That way Salamancer doesn't have to tattoo you, and you could still get your mosaic! Win win!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 8:21 PM
I'm designing a lot of tattoos actually. I'm going to get a pink fairy armadillo tattooed on my left arm.
Scholar
#10 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:17 AM
Well I'm a bit apprehensive about tattoos, both because of the cost (think of how many books I could buy with that!) and because I'm paranoid I'll regret it. I know I'm 21 now so I could get one. But I really do change my mind a lot. Pretty much all of the tattoo ideas I've had I'm glad I didn't get, and I think a Sims tattoo would be the same way. On someone else, though, a plumbob might be cute and it would signal a fellow Sims lover. It would look very trendy if it was just the bare outline of a plumbob as a "geometric" tattoo.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:50 AM
Alright Effie. Let's do it. I'll get a plumbob.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:50 AM
A glitched out Sim penis on my buttcheeks.

In seriousness though I don't think I'd want to get a Sims related tattoo, despite how much I love the games.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 12:53 AM
I'm covered in odds and ends. Pokemon, lillies,skulls with bows .. what's a plumbob. Lol. Plus I just live getting it done. If anything, just a tiny one behind my ear :P

Scholar
#14 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 12:35 AM
I've often considered getting a tattoo, but I always end up thinking I'd regret it.

I was quite intrigued when I met my ex-husband, and saw all his tattoos. But the pain might be too much. I went with my friend once when she had hers done. She wanted a little red heart at the top of her arm, only about 2 inches square. But they had only managed to get the outline done, when they called me in to say that she had fainted and wasn't feeling well. I went and sat with her for a bit, then she decided she just wanted to go home. The tattooist told her to come back anytime to get it coloured, she said she was going to, but she never went back.

I think the only thing I would want done is something that means a lot to me. It would have to be a tattoo in memory of my horse, the love of my life. She was my 'horse one'. I know that no other horse will ever come close to her.

But I'm not sure what I would actually have. I wouldn't have just her head, because I hate that, horse photos etc. should always show the whole horse in my opinion. So it might end up being quite large. The biggest worry I would have then is whether the tattooist would be able to do her justice. He/she might not be able to draw horses, or just not be able to capture the real her.

I have thought of maybe just her name across a horseshoe, maybe with a heart behind it? But then that just sounds like the stereotypical 'Mom' tattoo, and so unoriginal!

Plus you see all those horror stories of people ending up with really dreadful tattoos, it really puts me off!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 1:35 AM
Just like anyrhing else, you need to do homework. Ask around, find out what style you like, find an artist that does it well. I wouldn't just walk into any parlour and say let's do it haha. Not that all mine are great. I have a homemade one on my leg I need covered badly.