Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 12:31 AM
Default Recoloring the colonial tub/shower with curtain
Is there any possible way to recolor the tub? I have gone through wizard and simpe. There are 3 subsets, 3 textures. When I recolor I get the rim of the tub and the curtain only. However my tub recolor shows up on the tub that doesn't have the curtain.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 6:28 AM
Sorry hun, unfortunately no, unless someone makes a default and slaves the rim to the tub and makes the tub a recolourable subset. The tub and plumbing can not be recoloured.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 6:30 AM
There is a default for that tub.. I'm sure I have it and I have different colors of the tub. (Let me look and see if I can find it)

Edit: FAB_MaxisColonialBathtub_AmaryllEdit_DEFAULT is the name of the file, so it's an edit by CuriousB of an Amaryll edit. Now - to figure out where I got it from. (There's also this one: FAB_MaxisColonialComboCleen_AmaryllEdit_DEFAULT if you're interesting in that one too.)

NOTE: I don't know how you recolor the tub if you have this default replacement in - but I can tell you that recolors of the original tub don't work with the default since it was remapped a bit.
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 8:50 AM Last edited by Michelle : 22nd Apr 2016 at 9:22 AM.
@mustluvcatz, thanks for that hun, tracked it down HERE, it's the "DOWNLOAD MESH+TEXTURE DEFAULTS", going to check it out a.s.a.p.

ETA: Unless I'm missing something it's still not recolourable, just replacements of the original colours.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 7:15 PM
Maybe send CuriousB a message at GOS? I have no idea how recoloring defaulted anything works, but there has to be a way since I have her recolors. (And like I said, recolors of the non-default don't work - for me at least.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 8:51 PM
Thanks for all the information. Y'all are the best!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 12:21 AM Last edited by dharden : 25th Apr 2016 at 12:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
There is a default for that tub.. I'm sure I have it and I have different colors of the tub. (Let me look and see if I can find it)

Edit: FAB_MaxisColonialBathtub_AmaryllEdit_DEFAULT is the name of the file, so it's an edit by CuriousB of an Amaryll edit. Now - to figure out where I got it from. (There's also this one: FAB_MaxisColonialComboCleen_AmaryllEdit_DEFAULT if you're interesting in that one too.)

NOTE: I don't know how you recolor the tub if you have this default replacement in - but I can tell you that recolors of the original tub don't work with the default since it was remapped a bit.

Both the bathtub and the shower/tub are remapped so the rim is no longer separately recolorable, and the tub part of the shower/tub is slaved to the bathtub. The reason existing recolors for the bathtub only sort-of work is that the dimensions are changed. The replacement tub uses a single 512x512 texture, while the Maxis tub uses a 256x512 texture for the tub, and has a separate texture for the rim, with the rim of the shower/tub slaved to it.

So you have to recolor textures for the replacement bathtub, and need to replace both the bathtub and the shower/tub for them to work.