Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 9:24 PM
Default Neighbourhood Deco Water
Hello, I am building a hood based on a small village in Japan, and in this village, there are quite a few rice fields, like so:

I tried to make rice fields by creating a lot filled by a pond, but in hood view it looks awful, because rather than show the water surface, it shows the bottom of the pond, so it doesn't look like water.
So I am looking for anything that could recreate the above effect. Thank you for any help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:16 PM
Maybe the neighborhood crops would look better? They aren't visible from lot view, though.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:24 PM
I have some that are visible from lot view, and I think they would work, but I was hoping for a few to be mostly water and a few far along. Thank you for the suggestion.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:38 PM
When I put a pond in a lot, it shows blue from hood view...not sure why yours would be showing the bottom of the pond!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:41 PM
Mine does show blue, but it doesn't look like water, just blue ground. There's nothing wrong with how it's displaying, I just don't like how it looks.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:44 PM
Oh, okay. I guess it really doesn't look like real water. Like a lot of things in TS2, it's pretty cartoony.