Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 10:19 PM
Default Anyway to allow children to go to community lots alone?
I like to think my town is safe enough for children to go across the street to the park :P
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 5:04 AM
Original mod: http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...5&topic=12248.0
Note: it is not updated past Glamour Life and doesn't work with later expansions.

Squinge's Call Taxi Children Enabled updated to M&G here: http://www.mixei.ru/showpost.php?p=...4&postcount=388
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 12:23 PM
So..the one by Squinge is an updated version of the first one you linked right?
Thank you SO much.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 12:38 PM
I can tell you the updated mod works, I tested it tonight.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 1:03 PM
Did anyone make a walking version?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Did anyone make a walking version?

As far I know Batbox has Walk to... option but it doesn't work for children.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
As far I know Batbox has Walk to... option but it doesn't work for children.

You're right, I just tested it out. While it's great there is a taxi option, I really wish they could walk instead.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Mar 2017 at 10:42 PM
I will pretend they didn't catch a cab all by themselves to walk across to the park...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#9 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 3:43 PM
I didn't download the updated Squinge mod just because I've never seen that dl site and not sure what part is safe to click, I'm a fraidy cat when it comes to clicking, lol. Walk to would be good enough for me too if it worked. Since toddlers can leave with adults (modded), I wondered if a child was enabled with walk to, if they could take a toddler along too. Children are sometimes allowed to watch younger siblings, so why not at a nearby park. For those who would be nervous over adults and older, those ages could be blocked. It would have been neat if Maxis had made it so children could go off lot by themselves, then adults retrieve them if it got late, just like when they visit their friends. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 9:04 PM
InSim? It's fine. Run by Pescado now.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#11 Old 7th Mar 2017 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
InSim? It's fine. Run by Pescado now.

I think Duine is talking about the second link, it leads to http://www.mixei.ru

I read through the comments at InSim and Squinge says the latest version is already compatible with M&G
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:39 AM
So..I think I have a problem with the Isim mod. I am using calltaxichildenabledEP3V1, the one Squinge says is compatible with M&G.
My problem is..while a child can take a taxi to go to a community lot, she cannot use the community phone to call a taxi...so she has no ways of returning home.
i read all comments there at the Isim site, and no one reported this, more than in this thread. There is even a picture showing a child, on a booster, using the community phone. What's wrong you think?

Theorist
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:06 PM
I had the same problem when using it several times, there was no way to get them home. Had to send a parent and select the child and got a taxi back.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:19 PM
My first thought is mod conflict. If nobody else brought it up on the thread, then it would probably be either an uncommon mod, or a newer one that nobody on the Isim site had as of the last post.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:00 PM
Kazarin is still pretty active in Sims community. I've seen his posts on SimsCave. He did not only update that mod to M&G but also remade (repaired) it.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
Kazarin is still pretty active in Sims community. I've seen his posts on SimsCave. He did not only update that mod to M&G but also remade (repaired) it.

This is the version I took out of my game, thinking it was giving me the issue. then I went a download the original from Squinge. same deal.
I am not wanting to be able to send children on community lots alone enough to skim through everything until i find what clashes, if ever.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 9:14 PM
Maybe ask Jo since she uses the mod.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 9:38 PM
Ok well, I redownloaded Kazarin's fixed &repaired version. Ran HCDU, and of course, it conflicts with Inteen. but everything conflicts with Inteen, without breaking the game so...I'll see if I keep it or not. If my kids cannot use the phone to go back..I'd still rather keep Inteen!
@joandsarah77
..do you have Inteen?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 9:58 PM
No she doesn't AFAIK. I do but I don't use that mod. Is there a link upthread? I could try it.

edit: s'okay I got it.

Theorist
#20 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 6:09 PM
Sorry, I've now confused myself, which link is the one that is updated and works? I don't use inteen if that matters. Thanks (:

Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 6:28 PM
This one Duine.
Quote: Originally posted by Zena-Dew-Drop
I think Duine is talking about the second link, it leads to http://www.mixei.ru

I read through the comments at InSim and Squinge says the latest version is already compatible with M&G

Theorist
#22 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 2:06 AM
Got it, thanks!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 2:46 AM
I've only tried it the once I'm now at another house. I had the child catch a taxi go to a park then catch another to come home. I think I just clicked on the community lot phone and the option came up to take a taxi home.

No inteen, it clashes with far too many mods that I use.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#24 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 3:49 AM
Inteen must be canceling the child-enabled community phone.

Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 12:32 AM
it crashes my game
Page 1 of 2