Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:43 AM
Last Samurai is my favorite movie so far. I always liked Japan, especially the history of it (which I sadly only learned by games and wikipedia). The movie may not be the most historically accurate one, but it's still awesome. The ending though, it always gets me. Manly tears are always shed at the end.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:43 PM
Off the too of my head: The Incredibles, The Emperor's New Groove, The Maze Runner, Hana, Inception, Bourne 1-3, The Green Mile, Snatch, Ocean's 11, Carrie, A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), Ferris Bueller's Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Aladdin, Kill Bill, Alice In Wonderland(cartoon), How to Train Your Dragon 2, and Pirates of the Caribbean 1-4.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:53 PM
^ The Incredibles is on my watch list, as is Kung Fu Panda II and Rise of the Guardians. Did you like HTTYD2 better than HTTYD 1? I liked them both and they hit different emotional buttons for me.

I guess I could throw Aladdin in my "fav" list. Robin Williams...so sad to think about him!

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#29 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
^ The Incredibles is on my watch list, as is Kung Fu Panda II and Rise of the Guardians. Did you like HTTYD2 better than HTTYD 1? I liked them both and they hit different emotional buttons for me.

I guess I could throw Aladdin in my "fav" list. Robin Williams...so sad to think about him!

Strangely enough, I really did prefer the 2nd movie. Usually its the other way round. Everything was pretty, like Valka's mask, and I liked the story more. I nearly forgot: Wallace and Gromit- the wrong trousers, the space one, and the one with the sheep and evil dog!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
Strangely enough, I really did prefer the 2nd movie. Usually its the other way round. Everything was pretty, like Valka's mask, and I liked the story more. I nearly forgot: Wallace and Gromit- the wrong trousers, the space one, and the one with the sheep and evil dog!
The technology had taken a huge leap by the second movie. My son worked on it, too...technically, so it had to be great - right?

I keep missing the name of one of the Wallace and Gromit full feature movies, but I like the three you mentioned.

I can't believe I left out Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

Scholar
#31 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 10:47 PM
Ooh that must have been fun!
Tut tut, you left Monty Python out. Have you seen Blackadder's Christmas Carol?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
Ooh that must have been fun!
Tut tut, you left Monty Python out. Have you seen Blackadder's Christmas Carol?
No...? I haven't watched Blackadder. I wonder if it's on Netflix? I like the actor who plays the lead character.

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:22 PM
@pizza

I love the The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. i could watch that film non stop for one whole day and not get bored of it.
i love the rabbits in the movie there so cute. it's my favorite out of all the Wallace and Gromit movies that i have watched

I've not properly watched Wallace and Gromit A Matter of Loaf and Death
is it good?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
I've seen that one, it's pretty good! Usually they all come on around Christmas so you should see them on TV then

thanks
i watched it on TV a few years ago but i can't remember any thing about it
Theorist
#35 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmodder69
Last Samurai is my favorite movie so far. I always liked Japan, especially the history of it (which I sadly only learned by games and wikipedia). The movie may not be the most historically accurate one, but it's still awesome. The ending though, it always gets me. Manly tears are always shed at the end.

Everyone in that movie cries. The Terminator should have narrated the movie because he understands why they crying.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolsim22
@pizza

I love the The Curse of the Were-Rabbit. i could watch that film non stop for one whole day and not get bored of it.
i love the rabbits in the movie there so cute. it's my favorite out of all the Wallace and Gromit movies that i have watched

I've not properly watched Wallace and Gromit A Matter of Loaf and Death
is it good?

If you like murder mystery movies, you'll love A Matter of Loaf and Death. The whole thing is a big send-up.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#37 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 4:56 PM
Maybe this is embarassing, but my favorite movie is Titanic!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 5:09 PM Last edited by coolsim22 : 2nd Nov 2014 at 10:06 PM.
@NabucodonosorII

i like titanic too but the DVD i have use to be my cousin's and the film keeps freezing at the same parts meaning that i have to skip parts off the film to keep it working.

i was 7 or 8 years old when i first watched the film and for some reason it scared me at least it doesn't scare me anymore.
now you mention it i might watch it this week end because i won't have any school work to do.

Edit (2 day later):
i just watched titanic today due to your post
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:39 PM Last edited by coolsim22 : 3rd Nov 2014 at 5:52 PM.
Okay here's a list of my favorite movies:

Marley and Me
Up
Titanic
Hotel for dogs (there's lots of pugs in it)
MIB2 (only because it has frank the pug in it)
Zoo Keeper
Charlotte's web (the very first film i ever saw at the cinema, i was 7 years old at the time)
Toy story 1,2 and three
Cloudy with a chance of meatballs 1 and 2
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Bruce Almighty
Furry Vengeance
wallace & gromit the curse of the were-rabbit

Do you know any other movies that have pugs in them because i love pugs.

Edit:
i just realized, i forgot to add Avartar to the list
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 9:44 PM
My favorite movies

The Hunger Games
Maleficent
Gran Torino
Jack and the giants
Life of Pi
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 12:59 AM
V For Vendetta
Hannibal (though the book was better, of course .. but Anthony Hopkins is HOT)
Hitman (don't judge)
The Expendables I, II
Sin City
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas .. too many too name, really.
Scholar
#42 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 4:16 AM
My favourites:

- Good Morning Vietnam (some people pray to God, I pray to Robin Williams)
- Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
- Kung Fu Panda
- Scott Pilgrim vs the World
- Ghostbusters
- Hot Fuzz
- Labyrinth (mostly for Jennifer Connelly)
- The Lord of the Rings movies

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Field Researcher
#43 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 12:56 AM
I have so many, but my absolute favorites must be:

The LOTR trilogy (like many others)
The Devil's Backbone
Return to Oz (nostalgic movie for me)
Mumfie (a kid's movie, probably for 3-5 year olds but it is the best - I wished I owned it - It is truly magical and I love it, also very nostalgic for me, which is why it's a favorite)
The Red Violin (probably my number 1 favorite)

I like a lot of the others that many have mentioned here, too (Titanic, Inception, Hot Fuzz, etc.). Favorites are so hard. Some other ones I really liked that have not been mentioned here:
House of Flying Daggers
Excalibur
Malena
Pan's Labyrinh
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:41 AM
Oculus, if I had to pick a non-series movie!
Harry potter&Beautiful creatures is good too. So is Warm Bodies.
Theorist
#45 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 3:24 AM Last edited by Shoosh Malooka : 9th Nov 2014 at 3:38 AM.
Mine are movies whose awfulness is the entertainment, the unintentionally funny kind.

Left Behind - I bet Nicolas Cage did not read the screenplay before agreeing to this. He just saw the words Left Behind and said "hallelujah" in a somewhat dispassionate tone.
Trancendence - Et tu, Willy Wonka? Johnny Depp uploads his brain to the master computer and the twist is he becomes evil. Didn't see that coming. Also, there were radical neo-luddites.
Page 2 of 2