Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:00 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 17th Jul 2015 at 1:18 PM.
Default [Uploaded] Song - An elder asianesque lady
Yet again the monthly theme has given me reason to dust off an old project of mine. A while back I decided that I wanted to learn to use the sliders more when creating Sims, and not go for the same western pretty face. There's a korean series that I like, with a rather pretty old lady, which inspired me to try and make an asia-inspired old lady for my hood.

I know that for uploading Sims, faces should be unique, so I opened her up in bodyshop and googled pictures of older asian women to use as reference, and tried to make her more unique.

I'm really fond of this Sim, and I think it is non-default face, but since it's my first Sim upload I'd appreciate feedback. I'm still waiting to hear if elder Sims are allowed. Guidelines don't say anything about Sims being a specific age, and younger ages are accepted (according to screenshot guideline suggestions), so I'm hoping it's okay. But while I wait to hear definitive answer, I figured I'd post here and get feedbacl.

Skintone is Maxis. I am using three CC wrinkles, but that's it. Shirt in this picture is CC, but I haven't decided on what outfit to use later, so ignore that for now.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 3:53 PM
I hope they do accept old ladies - I'd be outraged if they did not. I like the wrinkles - which ones are they? Do you have a link to a picture of the original face that inspired you?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 4:38 PM
I'm guessing they do, I just wanted to make sure I'm glad you like them, I spent forever scouring the internet for wrinkles that I liked, as most of them are too grotesque for me. They are by Onah, here on MTS. They are layerable, so you can achieve many different depths. (Link)

I do have pictures, but the Sim is not made to look like her, so there's not much point showing. She just gave me the idea to try make a more asian-like face, and since I barely have any elders in my game, I decided to make an elder Sim for once Does she look Asian to the rest of you, or am I just seeing that because I made her?

And I do realize that "asian" is a massive simplification. There are many countries and they do not all look alike. But going for the look of a specific country is beyond my abilities, so I'm content with a simplification for the purposes of this upload.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Instructor
#4 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 3:47 AM
She looks very unique to me, and in a good way. By the way, a few others have uploaded elders, so you shouldn't have any problems there. Your Sim will just add some much-needed diversity to the group!

Regarding her ethnicity, I would say you accomplished your goal of an Asian Sim. Kind of like how Maxis made their vacation destinations a mash-up of different cultures. She doesn't strike me as belonging to any one country but could be from many of them.