Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 6:21 AM
Default strange cc showing up in upload of neighborhood
Hello all! When attempting to upload my new neighborhood, Distant Oasis, which should contain no cc (I packaged all the lots and opened with Sims2CleanInstaller), a sim character appears in the cc wizard. I didn't play at all in the neighborhood. I play tested by putting the lots in the housing bin and then placing them in a copy of the neighborhood, so I don't know how a sim would appear. When I opened the characters and deleted character 140 and tried to upload, another sim character showed up. I deleted that one and tried a third time and yet another character showed up. Any suggestions? Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

Thanks for reading!

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 10:07 AM
Could be an NPC that has spawned on the chef stove or other item. Sometimes when you are in build mode and hit save, the game plays for a fraction of a second and can generate an NPC. I would try first going around and deleting all NPC creating objects, replacing and saving and hope no more spawn. I believe the chef stove is the worse offender at doing this.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 10:28 AM
Also - restore those character files from the recycle bin before you load up the neighbourhood again! Deleting character files corrupts the neighbourhood, and it would be a massive shame if you had to redo all your hard work.

Do you have an empty Pleasantview template installed? If not, your neighbourhood will contain all the default Pleasantview townies.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 10:43 AM
Oops yes! My head went corruption causing and my fingers didn't mention it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:52 PM
Thank you both so much for the fix ideas. I will definitely try the chef stove fix. I don't know what a corrupted game means. will it not play anymore or crash my game? How can I know if the neighborhood is corrupted?

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:53 PM
can i post the neighborhood here? would anyone have a look at it?

]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:54 PM
also i already uploaded to sim fans uk and am hoping to get feedback but i havent yet.

]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:55 PM
that is a pristine file at simfans uk before i deleted the characters.

]
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 3:20 PM
Start here :
https://www.google.co.za/url?sa=t&r....96952980,d.ZGU

I did not know about it once and one day my neighbourhood was gone, gone, gone.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 9:41 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you aren't sure what the effects of deleting character files is, I don't think you should share a neighbourhood. Read up on how to create a neighbourhood that is safe to share, and then make sure you've done everything correctly from the start.

I'd personally start over after reading up on it. The lots would be transferable, and you can use the hood replacer to transfer any decorations you have from the old hood to the new.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 10:32 PM
@triciamanly - Yet you have uploaded a good copy at simsfans uk - so if you still have that copy, then no problem - and you could probably get it from where you uploaded it?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you aren't sure what the effects of deleting character files is, I don't think you should share a neighbourhood. Read up on how to create a neighbourhood that is safe to share, and then make sure you've done everything correctly from the start.

I'd personally start over after reading up on it. The lots would be transferable, and you can use the hood replacer to transfer any decorations you have from the old hood to the new.

I don't take it the wrong way, I appreciate the honesty. Thanks so much!

]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@triciamanly - Yet you have uploaded a good copy at simsfans uk - so if you still have that copy, then no problem - and you could probably get it from where you uploaded it?

Well, I plan to take it down from Sim Fans Uk because when you upload there, there is no cc wizard, so I didn't know about the sim character until I tried to upload here. Thank you so much for your replies!

]
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 9:49 AM
Corruption in this case means that sooner or later, the sims in the neighbourhood will glitch badly, and then the neighbourhood will eventually either get so buggy you can't play, or it just won't load at all any more. Corruption happens naturally to neighbourhoods over time (which is why you should be using HoodChecker to keep your 'hoods fairly clean), but obviously if you start out with a corrupted 'hood, things are probably going to go wrong sooner.

I suggest you read Game Help:Avoiding Hood Corruptionwiki. There's also a guide somewhere on MTS to creating 'hoods to share with other people safely, including avoiding corruption.

We won't approve a neighbourhood on MTS if we know that it's corrupted.

I'd have to check, but I also don't think we allow 'hoods populated with random townies (as opposed to ones you've made yourself) - I'm not sure about that, though. Even if it is within the rules, I'd seriously consider redoing the 'hood without random townies, so that downloaders can have their default face templates and townified clothes etc. work in your 'hood. You'd be able to copy the 'hood terrain (complete with any neighbourhood deco you've added) into a brand new townie-less 'hood using HoodReplace, and then you'd have to drop all your lots into the lot bin and place them in the clean 'hood. Something to consider, anyway.
(Of course this might not be an issue at all if you had empty templates installed, and the sims are just NPC chefs and the like - I'm guessing that's not the case based on the character ID though, I'd be concerned if your game had spawned 140 chefs )

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
I don't take it the wrong way, I appreciate the honesty. Thanks so much!

I'm so glad that you understood what I meant I should add that I absolutely think you should keep working on the project. Based on your lot builds, I'm sure it could be a great hood. But hoods is a tricky kind of upload, that requires a lot of preparations and knowledge on how to make it safe for the people who would download it. Here's a link to a thread by Mootilda listing things to keep in mind in order to create a safe shareable hood.

Since it's supposed to be an empty hood, a lot of the work you've done so far should be transferable, so hopefully it won't be too much work for you

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.