Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
#26 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 5:39 PM
Always good to get a report that replicates what I had expected. Thanks for testing it out.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#27 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 8:05 PM Last edited by Purplepaws : 21st Jan 2010 at 10:42 PM.
Also having success with it, myself. Thanks again! This'll save me quite a bit of time from now on.

...Going back to the envoronment score issue, cmomoney, did you ever figure out why your object wasn't referencing your new scriptclass? I'm having the exact same problem and don't feel that I have enough of a grasp on xml tuning to figure out what I did wrong. Love to hear what you've discovered, if anything.

*Edit* Wes, I did notice a small problem, actually. On an item I tested with two groups, the catalog thumbnail updated correctly to fit the larger of the two bounding boxes, but the object preview seems to be referencing the smaller one. I was able to fix it by changing the bounding box on the smaller group to that of the larger one and recompiling with the old version of the ObjTool, but I thought I should let you know.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#28 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Purplepaws
...Going back to the envoronment score issue, cmomoney, did you ever figure out why your object wasn't referencing your new scriptclass? I'm having the exact same problem and don't feel that I have enough of a grasp on xml tuning to figure out what I did wrong. Love to hear what you've discovered, if anything.

No, apparently my grasp isn't so great either. I don't think I'm putting the .dll in my package right.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#29 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 11:28 PM
Did you read my little toilet tutorial? http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?t...ClassWithTuning

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#30 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 1:39 AM
Yes, it's all I've had to go by. But what type is the .dll supposed to be once its in your package. I am but a mere mesher, you see..

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#31 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 9:05 AM
Well that is covered in S3PE Help/How to use S3PE to make a custom script for an object. Did you read that?

http://dino.drealm.info/den/exacc/T...Class_B.package is the actual package I made. It might give you a fuller idea than the words alone. If you like, and if it would help, you could copy the S3SA in there to use as the base for your script

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#32 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 6:05 PM
Thanks, Inge, that helped a lot. Two questions: in the first part of your class, how do you know what to put after "using .....". I see the stuff in Reflector, but I'm not sure what to use (I'm experimenting with the car painting). Secondly, in the help file , it states that you should use a unique namespace. Can you give an example?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Alchemist
#33 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 6:11 PM
"using" says what symbol dictionary to use first. When the program is being compiled, all of the names for variables and functions are collected into those "name spaces", like words in a dictionary (well, really a symbol table).

You can "override" a base function by putting it in a separate name space, like "cmostuff" by declaring "using cmostuff" and then your override is compiled instead of the same-named base function. But other base functions that you did not change are still called from the base code.

The using stays in effect until you tell it differently.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#34 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 8:46 PM
That makes sense, but I still don't get what to use. This is what I see:

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Page 2 of 2