Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2004 at 3:02 PM
Default BodyShop Texture Format
Hi All,

I'm completed my analysis of the texture files found in the Sims 2 Body Shop package files.

Aside from the obvious TGA files, there are a large number of other textures. (The same as those found in the .package files when creating a custom skin)

These are actually DirectX DXT compressed textures with a custom header on top. All we need to do to convert them to standard DDS files is work out the DDS header information from the existing information.

It saves me having to write a decompression routine at any rate :D

Regards
Delphy

Advertisement
Zombie Coder
#2 Old 31st Aug 2004 at 6:31 PM
If these are DXT compressed textures with a custom header, its most probable that they are FSH textures, the same things used in SimCity 4. Let me know what the type ID's of some sample files are, and I'll double check.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2004 at 10:10 AM
Hi DM,

The Type ID is ED534136. I tried renaming to FSH and loading up in FISHMAN but came up with invalid header.

Thing is, FSH files have pallettes but I couldn't see any information like this at all. I suspect the Sims2 textures are proper 24-bit, so they wouldn't need pallette information.
Zombie Coder
#4 Old 8th Sep 2004 at 6:19 AM
Not all FSH files have pallettes. FSH files that contain DXT planes don't store a palette, just the directory and the DXT images. I'll take a look at the files once datgen.info is done, and see if they are FSH's.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2004 at 9:24 AM
Ahh okay - I dont know enough about the FSH files at the moment, but I'll take a look and see if I can work it out in the meantime