Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 12:52 AM
Default Party Food
I was invited to a party which is usually Lame. I took some food from the fridge and I it won't let me put it down. I also have the buyable Pizza. I serve it and it disappears. How do you bring food to these parties? I turned on the stereo so they are not leaving. But no food.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 2:05 AM
So, it sounds like you are trying to bring food to a party at another sim's house rather than on your home lot? I think as long as the food is in your personal inventory ahead of time, you can drag and drop it elsewhere later. But I don't think I've ever actually tried to bring food to a party my sim went to.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 2:20 AM
I think food in inventory is broken. Not bugged, but broken. Ever get an opportunity to make X of some recipe to take some place? I do. When my sim cooks the required items and places them in inventory, he can't actually deliver them, because the game says 'you do not have the required crapola in your inventory', even though it is sitting right there.

Go go, EA QA!

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 2:40 AM
Hm. I thought that had gotten fixed ages ago? Well, it probably broke again. I don't do opportunities much anymore. Done them all so much that now they're just a pain.

I suppose that just leaves being 'rude' by fixing food in someone else's house, or if you have a high Charisma, I think you can convince other sims to do things like cook. I think. >.>'
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 2:55 AM
Are you sure you use the one that begins with "Serve..." on the fridge or oven, because the opportunity is like "Bring a serving of..." to somebody or somewhere. I will try to bring food to the next party to test, though my famous rock star sim only throw luxurious party at her mansion with the main course ambrosia and desert baked angel food cake for everyone.