Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Dashboard tool (Updated 1st July 2022: v1.3.8217.25892)

by Tashiketh Posted 15th Jan 2010 at 11:51 PM - Updated 1st Jul 2022 at 2:25 PM by Tashiketh

2153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1627 Feedback Posts, 525 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 87
Banned
#101 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:05 PM Last edited by Claeric : 16th Jan 2010 at 9:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Claeric - It doesn't detect ALL issues, just two specific ones (files cloned with S3OC that can cause the blue lot issue, and Sims 2 files). It's not a "detect everything that might possibly be wrong with everything" tool. There may still be other stuff going on. This doesn't do anything for world files - just stuff in Mods\Packages.

I know.

Here's the process that led to my post:

I read the post and find-

- To show you all of your custom content in .package format, and display any "corrupted" files, or Sims 2 content, or stuff that just plain wont work.

That it simply finds corrupted files. It also specified that it will relieve slowdown by finding files that cause it.

So I used it to detect corrupt files. It found none! So I loaded up the game, and found the wild ridiculous mess you see here. (Actually, before loading up the game, I spent 2 hours weeding out files S3PE wouldnt open, and then made the working ones into one package).

So since I read in the description that it would find corrupt files and loaded the game to find that the supposedly non-corrupt files were totally corrupt, I came and said so.

No, I didnt read the "This doesnt do anything!!11!one!!!" section, because I read the description. I assumed something was wrong with the program- since, again, the description simply says it is supposed to find corrupt files. Since it didnt, something was wrong, and I brought it up.

It's not a hard mistake to make. :\

And Delphy, I would GLADLY send you all the files, but MTS doesnt allow file sharing, and they're all Sims 3 Store sims3pack files, converted with your tool.

While I already weeded out a vast number of them with 2 hours of work using S3PE to slowly slowly detect ones that S3PE refused to import. And I'm certainly not going to wait an hour for S3PE to load half and package half as one file to fix the load issues and test. It just takes way too freaking long.

I still have over 250 individual packages in this group, multiple of which cause problems. I think there's something wrong with the conversion program to begin with...I don't know. It's very frustrating and time consuming,
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:49 PM
Thank you so much for your hard-works and sharing (for all of them)

I add my request: to start scanning packages from a parent directory... Because there, I have a "Test", "Probation", etc. directories.

"-If you leave me, can I come with you too?.."
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#103 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 9:57 PM
Claeric, it's totally your own fault if you don't read the whole description before posting worthless "problem reports". Becuase then I'll just point you at the existing wording. You should have read the entire post before posting. Weren't you complaining not too long about others not reading before posting?

As for Sims 3 Store stuff - well, they would be DBBP and, thus, not supported. The extraction program is not and never should be used with protected store files - they simply plain wont work You are entirely on your own with those files and I will not help with them.

HWT53, the red stuff means that 1 or more of the chunks within that file have a problem with the TXTC (texture compositor). This might not cause a major problem now, but I highly suggest you fix them anyway - witness what happened with the last patch and TXTC problems.

Yellow means duplicate.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#104 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 10:11 PM
CeSSaS: You can do that in the latest version. Just do File -> Scan Folder.

Lab Assistant
#105 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
CeSSaS: You can do that in the latest version. Just do File -> Scan Folder.
Escaped my attention!.

You deserve more , but thanks to you again.

"-If you leave me, can I come with you too?.."
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#106 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 10:44 PM
I found a lot of duplicate files with the latest update.

That is very helpful.

Thanks Delphy!
Test Subject
#107 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 10:57 PM
So I just ran the updated version and Wow!! I love the change and how much easier it is to locate the 'exact' problem with a particular file. I had a major house cleaning over 300 files!! So now I have this long list of 'disabled files'...is it safe to say I can just delete them since they are no longer working?
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:10 PM
Delphy,
I understand being harder to read the resource.cfg. I ended up creating the packages directory and coping one directory at a time to run your program. Out of 349 mod files only had 3 that were red. They are fixed now.

Thanks
Tim
Scholar
#109 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:42 PM
Delphy, I suppose now something is wrong with the conflict detection.

If I put awesome.package together with my sliderhack ( http://chii.modthesims.info/getfile.php?file=1042845 ) in the mods folder, there is no conflict found, although both mods override the UI.dll (Type:S3SA 0x073FAA07 Group:0x00000000 Instance: 0xF7C3ADE896D4E765 ) and clearly conflict with each other.
Test Subject
#110 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 11:44 PM
It saids the Dexter mod is corrupted and alot CC I do like is consider bad. So far I haven't been having any problems with the CC I use so I'm surprise to see some were corrupted. I'll check it out some more.
-VK20
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 12:03 AM Last edited by Saikatsu : 17th Jan 2010 at 5:07 AM.
The game's initial load and the neighborhood load has been cut from several minutes down to maybe 1 and a half after removing/updating the few files this thing pointed out to me. Very awesome!

One curious thing though: The first time I loaded it, it hung at a certain point, then barked about an out of memory exception and froze. It did it again on the same exact file. After manually removing the file it hung on, the tool loaded up just fine and properly identified two more packages. The package that was choking the tool was just a simple XML tuning, oddly enough.

EDIT: If you want the problematic file to test with, I can upload it for you.
Test Subject
#112 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 12:46 AM
Love this tool! Thank you Delphy!

The "Deselect All" button didn't work for me. Otherwise, no problems!
Mad Poster
#113 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 12:49 AM
Is there any chance the JAZZ resource can be added to the resource types being checked?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 1:29 AM
hi so i installed WA yesterday. and your program as well (yesterday). i was notified of your update today and redownloaded. yesterday when i ran the program it showed that my WA framwork was ok. but now it doesn't.

btw this was really verry helpful. the game loading was taking forever. i took care of the corrupt files, conflicts and duplicates shown by your program and now it's much faster.

my CC works btw, so i think my framework for WA is ok. my mods are all over under basegame though. what i don't understand is why it showed a checkbox for WA framework with your previous version and doesn't for this one?

Thanks Delphy!
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsloveanime20
It saids the Dexter mod is corrupted and alot CC I do like is consider bad. So far I haven't been having any problems with the CC I use so I'm surprise to see some were corrupted. I'll check it out some more.
-VK20

i just brought this question about an hour ago on the MTS chat. i had the same exact problem. the Dexter mod is "corrupted" because it is a "bluelot" which i was told basically means that the object has a chance of making the lot unplayable. you can fix it using this tool:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=381540
(well you have to pick just ONE)

hope that helped.
Test Subject
#116 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 1:50 AM
I was excited to see this and was hoping to be able to use it, however, I am having trouble downloading it. I use Vista64, and these are the error messages I am getting when trying to extract to desktop.

\Temp\MTS_Delphy_1048017_Sims3Dashboard.rar: Cannot create Sims3Dashboard.exe

\Temp\MTS_Delphy_1048017_Sims3Dashboard.rar: Cannot create Mad Science.Helpers.dll

\Temp\<MTS_Delphy_1048017_Sims3Dashboard.rar: Cannot create Mad Science.Wrappers.dll

Can anyone tell me what I should do? Thanks!
Test Subject
#117 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 1:51 AM
Thank you Delphy for the reply, mostly my post was about how well you made the tool work.. nice work.
i was only a bit curious on the possibility as to how far it actually went to check for bugs? thank you for clarifying that.
it even found an issue i did not foresee with the framework of WA.

Again Nice work and thank you for taking the time to create it knowing you have more important things in life to do.

Home of most of my creations.

Custom Sims 3

http://www.sapphiresims2.com/
Test Subject
#118 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 2:04 AM
you are the best THANK YOU DELPHY!!!
Test Subject
#119 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babyophelia
i just brought this question about an hour ago on the MTS chat. i had the same exact problem. the Dexter mod is "corrupted" because it is a "bluelot" which i was told basically means that the object has a chance of making the lot unplayable. you can fix it using this tool:

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=381540
(well you have to pick just ONE)

hope that helped.

oh thank u! :D

VK20 was here! ;-)
Test Subject
#120 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 3:42 AM Last edited by simsloveanime20 : 17th Jan 2010 at 3:55 AM.
I just finish testing it again, got the hang of it and OMG! It's so freaking fast! My load time is like 1 sec now! I use to leave the room, come back and it would be still loading! It takes no time to load now! And thats with WA installed! You are amazing! First the helper monkey which i love, now this! Thank you! I would hug you if I could! It works great! I'm so happy! Thank you!
-VK20

VK20 was here! ;-)
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 4:00 AM Last edited by unicorngirl : 27th Jan 2010 at 2:42 AM.
Thank you Delphy.I love this program.It works great.Found some duplicates and two conflicts.Easy to spot and delete them when going through the packages.This is awesome.
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 4:36 AM
hi

sorry. what does the brown highlighted items mean and should i just delete those?

thanks
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 7:13 AM Last edited by Maltha002 : 17th Jan 2010 at 7:37 AM.
Thank you so much for this awesome tool! Because of you I am actually able to enjoy the game.

To put it to the test, I added some store items (converted to .package files, thanks to another great tool of yours) that I know make my game lag terribly. The instant I put them in my mods folder and then boot up the dashboard, I get an error message, which prevents the dashboard from fully loading. Now I know there was something wrong with the files already, so no surprises there. I added a screenie of the message.

Luckily the cc I do play with, was all good according to this tool. I will keep using it, that's for sure.

Thanks again,
Maltha
Screenshots

You can find my work at Just Another Sims Site
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 8:24 AM
Thank you. This is very handy. I went through and found quite a few items that were pink (and at least one that was TS2). So then I picked up the object fixer and gave those packages a run through that. Both programs were very easy to use and have put my mind at ease.

Only took me probably 20 minutes all in all. No error messages, and the game is working fine so far. *knocks on wood*
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#125 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 9:33 AM
jonha, Thanks for the heads up - I confirm there is an issue with the conflict detection - probably due to some optimisations I did yesterday. I'll look into it.

Saikatsu, a copy or download link for that file would be great.

Shimrod101, I can add JAZZ types too.

DRana, reedownload the file again.

babyophelia, you mean the yellowish brown? Thats a conflict.

Maltha002 Store items are not supported by this tool.

studyofme You dont need the bluelot fixer - the functionality is built into this program.

Page 5 of 87