Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 2:40 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 16th Jun 2011 at 9:44 PM.
Default Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About in The Sims 3: Town Life Stuff
IDK... it feels appropriate...
-----------------------------------

With exciting content never seen before in a Stuff Pack, The Sims™ 3 Town Life Stuff* introduces new venues to give your Sims’ entire town a makeover – complete with objects just as perfect for their homes. Build a chic new library, create an exclusive, high-tech gym, design a fun playground, or make chores a pleasure with a fresh new laundry room. The Sims 3 Town Life Stuff not only gives you loads of new inspired design to use at home, but includes new community places, like Scrumptious Nibbles Café, for your Sims to visit too!

FEATURES

Pre-Built Venues and Lots—Give your Sims’ town a new look with spectacular ready-to-go venues and community lots—or construct your own cool setting.

Fit and Fresh—Work out with the latest high-tech gym equipment, then clean your sweaty gym clothes in the new state-of-the-art washer and dryer set.

Time to Unwind—Kids will love the new Sunny Bungalow jungle gym, slide, and sandbox, while grown-ups can play chess by the new fountain.

Study Time or Story Time—Update the library with an elegant array of accessories, build your own study, or create cubicles with specialized sectional seating.

New Casual Outfits and Hairstyles—Clothes for running errands, hanging out, or working out—there are lots of styles for all your Sims’ fashion needs.
-----------------------------------
This SP is Similar to:
The Urbz... I guess... There's nothing to compare it to.

Furniture Style(s):
Retro
High-Tech
Sunny Bungalow (Children's)

Clothing Styles(s):
Casual

Build Styles(s):
Retro

Buy
-Washing Machine [Appliances, Large Appliances] -Style: High Tech
-Dryer [Appliances, Large Appliances] -Style: High Tech
-Laundry Hamper [Appliances, Miscellaneous Appliances] -Style: High Tech

-Laundry Sink [Plumbing, Sinks] -Style: High Tech

-Desk [Surfaces, Desk] -Style: Retro

-Living Chair [Comfort, Living Chairs] -Style: Retro
-Sectional Seating [Comfort, Miscellaneous] -Style: High Tech

-Laptop [Electronics, Computers]

-Table light [Lighting, Table Lamps] -Style: High Tech
-Street light [Lighting, Floor Lamps] -Style: High Tech
-Community Sign (Laundry, Gym, Library) [Lighting, Wall Lamps] -Style: High Tech
-:Laundry Shop Sign [Lighting, Wall Lamps] -Style: High Tech
-Ceiling Spotlight [Lighting, Ceiling Lamps] -Style: High Tech
-Glowing Floor Lamps [Lighting, Floor Lamps] -Style: High Tech

-Chess Table [Entertainment, Hobbies and Skills] -Style: Retro
-Treadmill [Entertainment, Hobbies and Skills] -Style: High Tech
-Weight machine [Entertainment, Hobbies and Skills] -Style: High Tech

-Flower Fountain [Decor, Sculptures] -Style: Aquatic
-Library Glass Bust Sculpture [Decor, Sculptures]
-Physical Activity Poster [Decor, Miscellaneous]
-Gym Locker Room Clutter [Decor, Miscellaneous]
-Towel on Hook [Decor, Miscellaneous]
-Towel rolls on Curved Wall Shelf [Decor, Miscellaneous]
-Book Case on Wall [Decor, Miscellaneous] -Style: Retro

-Book Case (Wide) [Storage, Bookcases] -Style: Retro
-Book Case (Narrow) [Storage, Bookcases] -Style: Retro

-Sandbox [Kids, Miscellaneous] -Style: Aquatic
-Slide [Kids, Miscellaneous] -Style: Sunny Bungalow
-Tree house [Kids, Miscellaneous] -Style: Sunny Bungalow
-Jungle Gym [Kids, Miscellaneous] -Style: Sunny Bungalow]
-Dragon Playground Deco [Kids, Miscellaneous] -Style: Aquatic
-Swing Set [Kids, Miscellaneous] -Style: Sunny Bungalow]
-Seahorse Spring Rider [Kids, Miscellaneous] -Style: Aquatic

Build
-Double Door with Curved Imprint [Architecture, Doors] -Style, High-Tech
-Double Door with Retro Squared Glass [Architecture, Doors] -Style, Retro
-Community Lot Window Gym, Laundromat, Library) [Architecture, Doors] -Style, Retro
-Ascending Circular Windows (from the Sims 1) [Architecture, Windows] -Style, Retro
-Modern Art Column, 1-3 Floors [Architecture, Column] -Style, Retro

-Scrumptious Nibbles Café [Community Objects]
-Fresh and Frozen Express Grocery [Community Objects]
-Par Excellence Preparatory School [Community Objects]

Create-a-Sim
Male
-Sweatshirt [Adult]
-Skin-Tight Shirt [Adult]
-Swimmer's Shirt [Adult]
-Shirt with Zipper Collar [Adult]
-Dress Shirt and Tee Shirt [Child]

-Calf High Sweatpants [Adult]

-Workout Attire [Adult]

-Combed Hair [Adult]

Female
-Jacket with V-neck [Adult]
-Sweat Jacket with Design [Adult]
-Sweatshirt [Adult]
-Long Shirt [Adult]
-Jacket with Frilly Blouse[Adult]
-Loose Fitting Blouse [Adult]
-Flower Style Tube Top [Adult]

-Long Skirt [Adult]

-Workout Attire[Adult]
-Large Shirt with buttons and large collar + Knee High Pants [Adult]
-Long Casual Shirt and Leggings [Adult]
-Formal Attire [Adult]
-Designer Dress [Adult]
-Poofy Jumper [Child]
-Dress wit Leggings [Child]

-Short Hair with Bang [Adult]
- Short Hair Covering Ears [Adult]

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:03 PM
It sounds better then the last two SP, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy. Thanks for putting all the information in one place
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:07 PM
No problem.

Scholar
#4 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:13 PM
Is the Cafe Rabbit Hole (it's a rabbit hole, right?) a new one, with new function? If so, then it's a SP I wanna buy...

Hey there! :)
Theorist
#5 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:17 PM
Yes it's a new rabbit hole - I doubt that it'll have new functions but maybe. It really doesn't sound like a lot of new stuff but then again SPs never do.

Hi I'm Paul!
Alchemist
#6 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:37 PM
I was so excited to hear EA was putting out a stuff pack centered around community lots. But when I look at the list of objects, there's only one gym poster and some gym clutter for decor, and some playground deco.
It's like EA is afraid to make anything that isn't for the house primarily.
And those new library shelves had better have skill books in them when placed on a community lot. They still look more like home bookshelves than proper library stacks, but at least they don't have photos and clutter on them.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:45 PM Last edited by Guysim1993 : 17th Jun 2011 at 2:24 PM.
Heck, I just want this stuff pack for the combed hair which the guy in the yellow sweatshirt has, since it's my hairstyle! :P

This stuff pack looks pretty nice.

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:46 PM
That cafe rabbit hole is probably more like a restaurant that serves only drinks or just coffee. I would have preferred a coffee cart and a barista instead. I really don't understand why they give us all these rabbit holes, most of them don't even fit in with a themed neighbourhood, not to mention they occupy way too much space.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:48 PM
I'm happy someone agrees! I would love to see those Registers from WA given more function, or at least re-released! They'd fit in quite nice and snug in this EP, since they are so fond of re-releasing old features in these SPs.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:07 PM
I'd be happy if they at least give us some deco items that would enable us to decorate some believable community places like a coffee shop and grocery store and such. With the rabbit holes it's not longer possible to make the cozy coffee cart in the park or in the town square or the posh coffee lounge. Now it's rabbit hole or nothing, which I find is very limiting, it just fills the needs of the sims and provides no visual fun for the player.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:13 PM
The closest we have is a Professional Bar, but those only serve 1 kind of drink for a certain location. It looks nice, yes, but it's not versatile. I don't think EA knows what their doing...

To anyone who read this If it possible to serve coffee (or other food) at the Professional Bar when it's not at at a lounge, bar, gym or club? Maybe like a mod.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:15 PM
I wish that we could get street fighting skills....... *silence* ...... oh uhm, I mean, other interesting skills! The one I've liked so far from other expansion packs was the Martial Arts skill. The other skills from World Adventures weren't of much interest to me. I'd like to see more fighting stuff or even dancing. Something that would bring more life and action to the sims! And possibly, my movies
Instructor
#13 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:46 PM
Thank you very much matrix54 for your steadfast dedication making these threads. For someone like me who can't be bothered to search the internet high and low for information on the EP's and SP's, it's wonderful to be able to find one place that has the most up-to-date information you can gather.

I think I really like this one. And as stupid as it sounds, the seahorse bouncy is about all it took to get me to decide to buy it. I LOVE seahorses. Rocking-horses. Flesh and blood horses. You get the picture, I'm sure.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Retired
retired moderator
#14 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 5:17 PM
I was charmed by the seahorse spring toy too, but I'm not buying the pack until it's in the bargain bins, and unfortunately that doesn't happen in NZ with Sims products. :/

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 5:20 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 16th Jun 2011 at 5:37 PM.
I'm always happy to help.

General notes and Complains:

I'm happy to have a sectional, but did this one have to look so... like that? A simple sectional would be lovely. Every sectional we have isn't really easy to used in our everyday decor. The dive bar sectional comes close, but I'd rather that be a booth - the thing EA Avoided like the plague!

The design elements in the game are starting to show age and they all look the same. Some architectural pieces would be lovely. Interior and exterior.

Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:05 PM
You had me at the adorable octopus sandbox and seahorse ride! They're so cute!

I don't usually buy stuff packs, but I'm a sucker for new community lots... and sea animals.

The clothes also look quite decent this time around... that looks like new athletic wear to me, which my Sims are in dire need of.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:19 PM
I really like the new desk, I've been wanting something similar for ages. I think my favourite part will probably be the library stuff, and the coffee shop.

Depending on what the coffee shop really is and if indeed Sims will get a cup of take-away coffee from it, then I see no reason why there couldn't be a mod that adds a new functionality to the WA registers that would put the cup of coffee into the Sims hand. Work rabbit holes are fine, but EA really should stop giving us community building rabbit-holes.
Theorist
#18 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:30 PM
The first kids outfit.... wtflmao XDXDXDXD

Hi I'm Paul!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
I really like the new desk, I've been wanting something similar for ages. I think my favourite part will probably be the library stuff, and the coffee shop.

Depending on what the coffee shop really is and if indeed Sims will get a cup of take-away coffee from it, then I see no reason why there couldn't be a mod that adds a new functionality to the WA registers that would put the cup of coffee into the Sims hand. Work rabbit holes are fine, but EA really should stop giving us community building rabbit-holes.

I'll assume Sims can work here as well, as they can with every rabbit hole. But, isn't pulling unemployed Sims from the hood and making them cashiers the same thing? That was only EP 1. We are long over due for some new shops, and the minute we get a new one, it's a rabbit hole.

Mad Poster
#20 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'll assume Sims can work here as well, as they can with every rabbit hole. But, isn't pulling unemployed Sims from the hood and making them cashiers the same thing? That was only EP 1. We are long over due for some new shops, and the minute we get a new one, it's a rabbit hole.

Not exactly the same thing as Cashier people don't really work properly they just stand there. And they are always the ones not in the active household. Adding the interaction to the registers would be just that, adding it to the register, not replacing the real RH in any way. But, if it can be added to the register, then at least you can have the main functionality of the RH (if buying coffee is the main functionality), outside the RH.
Theorist
#21 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 7:54 PM
Thanks for the info!! This is great

~~updates her list of Sim games to buy~~

- Generations EP
- Outdoor Living SP
- Town Life SP
Forum Resident
#22 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 8:03 PM
More rabbitholes? My town doesn't have room to squeeze in anymore of EA's oversized buildings. It would've been nice if the Cafe was actually a venue type instead of a refurbished bistro. -Sigh- This was the first stuff pack I was looking forward to. There are a couple of nice items but overall the idea could have been excuted better. I guess I will have to wait till it's lower than $30 bucks to decide if I want to grab it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 8:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Not exactly the same thing as Cashier people don't really work properly they just stand there. And they are always the ones not in the active household. Adding the interaction to the registers would be just that, adding it to the register, not replacing the real RH in any way. But, if it can be added to the register, then at least you can have the main functionality of the RH (if buying coffee is the main functionality), outside the RH.

At least with the register, you can build around it. With a rabbit hole, the design is set, and all you can do is decorate. It's also VERY big and takes up too much space. Registers are 1x1. While shop decor would help, a register could have been a start. We just got a rabbit hole. Why they chose a Rabbit hole, no idea... just another design flaw...

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 9:29 PM
I'm not excited about the addition of one new rabbit hole...
But I'm not much of a stuff pack person. :P
Mad Poster
#25 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 9:43 PM
Like someone said above, I hope the new bookcases are for skill books. I wish EA would enable the ability to assign books to any bookcase, the modern set doesn't always go with every library decor.

I see I will need to make smaller lots so they will fit in my worlds. I like some of the new decor and gym sets. The college looking jacket the males wear makes me think University will be in the horizon.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 1 of 5