Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 8:26 PM
Do any of the traits effect the likelihood of playfulness?
The main reason I am asking is because the main sim I am currently playing is a no nonsense type of guy, so his constant urge to run outside and play with the sprinkler goes against his nature, or at least how I intent his nature to be. I could use a mod to disable playing with sprinklers, but I'd like to keep that autonomous action for other sims.

Starting to get a bit tired of constantly watching his every move and stop him on his tracks towards to the sprinkler for the 20th time in a day so if certain traits decline or stop that urge I would be very happy.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 9:27 PM
The Childish trait does. I think Daredevil, insane and neurotic have an effect as well

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#3 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 9:30 PM
If you watch the "Simology" Panel, when a Sim does an autonomous action because of their traits, that trait sort of "lights up"

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Test Subject
#4 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 9:53 PM
Does he have the "love the outdoors" trait? I've noticed that all of my Simmies that have that trait cannot resist the sprinklers or the new water slide.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 10:28 PM
He does indeed have the "loves the outdoors" trait since he's mainly a farmer. I could try to change that to bookworm since I doubt that one has a positive effect and helps with reading all the fishing and recipe books. He's a neurotic, loves outdoors, angler, green thumbs, perfectionist now. Feels kinda wrong to remove that trait from a character that is a farmer though, living on a farm spending most of his time in his garden. Hmm, maybe I could change neurotic to hydrophopic instead, he never goes swimming anyway and perhaps it removes the need to get wet just for fun.

Btw, nice tip Severedsolo! I never noticed that since I always have the needs tab open instead.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyendiar
He does indeed have the "loves the outdoors" trait since he's mainly a farmer. I could try to change that to bookworm since I doubt that one has a positive effect and helps with reading all the fishing and recipe books. He's a neurotic, loves outdoors, angler, green thumbs, perfectionist now. Feels kinda wrong to remove that trait from a character that is a farmer though, living on a farm spending most of his time in his garden. Hmm, maybe I could change neurotic to hydrophopic instead, he never goes swimming anyway and perhaps it removes the need to get wet just for fun.

Btw, nice tip Severedsolo! I never noticed that since I always have the needs tab open instead.

Hydrophobic doesn't stop sims from getting in the sprinker. Case and point: Simbots that constantly short themselves out in them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 12:32 AM
Yeah I noticed, gave him the hydrophobic trait and the second I went back to life-mode he ran towards the sprinkler! I think I will either have to keep a close eye on him or remove the sprinkler...or hope some brilliant modder adds a new "serieus" trait that makes them less likely to do playful things like playing with sprinklers, videogames and such.

Oh the "love the outdoors" trait had no effect btw, with or without he really loves that sprinkler!
Scholar
#8 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 4:27 AM
I wonder if grumpy would work? He could at least make up for his sprinkler obsession with extra grumpiness?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
I wonder if grumpy would work? He could at least make up for his sprinkler obsession with extra grumpiness?

Only if the grumpy trait makes him walk the walk of shame (the one they do sometimes when a romantic attempt is declined) because he is ashamed of acting like a little girl after playing with the sprinkler again!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#10 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:01 PM
The sprinkler annoyance is one of those stupidities that every sim is obsessed with regardless of personality. AwesomeMod helps to quash this particular obnoxious behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
The sprinkler annoyance is one of those stupidities that every sim is obsessed with regardless of personality. AwesomeMod helps to quash this particular obnoxious behavior.

Does AwesomeMod remove it completely or add the option to remove it from a single sim? I don't want to remove it completely, just from the more serieus type sims. I actually love it with the other sims.