Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 3:32 PM
Default What is this game?
The sims in TSM play a sort of gambling, with cards and dice. Is this a real game, with rules and so on? And what is the name of the game?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 3:37 PM
They say (ea that is) that it is a medieval fantasy rpg, stragery, storytelling, action and adventure. All in all I think it is trying to get every game genre in the world in it.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Instructor
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 6:42 PM
The gambling game is not actually gambling at all, or rather, you don't actually play, it's sort of pure chances for the sim (also a "hidden skill" to raise that chance). Yes, they play with cards and throw dice, but no, you as the player don't partake in this gambling. Yes, money is also won or lost in playing this game. Can't remember the name of the game board, it got some wonky "medieval" name to it, but you can find it in the entertaining section in buy mode, where one would find chess.

In short, the gambling plays just like how every other sim play their games, like chess, or shuffleboard (I think the older sim games, The Sims, had air hockey, Foosball, and the likes) however, you can select things on the gambling game board like "cheat" or "accuse other play of cheating", something like that, you can also bet a higher wager, or "bet all of the clothes I'm wearing", but it's not like you go into a gambling minigame or anything.

I have cacophobia, hobophobia, menophobia, tremophobia, levophobia, dextrophobia, and phobophobia. I manage...
My city =D
Come Join me and become the ultimate Miss Bimbo =3
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it ~Voltaire
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrueMrreset
The sims in TSM play a sort of gambling, with cards and dice. Is this a real game, with rules and so on? And what is the name of the game?

Did you mean is it an actual game in RL? or are you trying to spot a pattern in the card game in TSM?

I've googled it, I see loads of games describing how to play various dice games and various card games, but so far none that use both together. Maybe EA decided to combine both since dice and cards were a favorite past time that involved gambling.

You could always make up your own rules for it. If you invent something fun let me know I'll give it a shot.

Here's a nice link that had loads of games with rules etc.
The Merry Gamester
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 7:52 PM
Well gambling is something that only sims can do and is not a fun mini game for player. Now if it dies poker init as a mini game I would be luaghing all the way through.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 4:47 PM
is this game good?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Aug 2012 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Did you mean is it an actual game in RL? or are you trying to spot a pattern in the card game in TSM?

I've googled it, I see loads of games describing how to play various dice games and various card games, but so far none that use both together. Maybe EA decided to combine both since dice and cards were a favorite past time that involved gambling.

You could always make up your own rules for it. If you invent something fun let me know I'll give it a shot.

Here's a nice link that had loads of games with rules etc.
The Merry Gamester

I thought EA has build in a real middleage game, would be nice. I was a bit confused by the use of dices AND cards. But thanks for your research, there are really some interesting games you've found.
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta

High stakes monopoly.