Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game not fully recognizing a family move-out from the trailer park. Plus, an army of clones.
Hey there. I've gone through the FAQs, searched the forums for help, and I'm coming up with nothing, so I figured I'd submit my problem directly.

I'm playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and I had two families living in the trailer home lot (Family 1 and Family 2, for ease of labeling). I moved Family 1 out and into a nicer apartment. When I went to play the Family 2 however, Family 1 is still over in their trailer. And though I don't have any control over them, they're acting as if they're waiting for me to direct them (one poor pregnant sim passed out because nobody told her to go to sleep). This was already weird enough, but then one of the sims, Christian Love - a townie I married into Family 1- starting appearing multiple times. Like, he'd walked onto the lot while another version of him was already there. And then another one would show up. And another. Until I have an army of Christian Loves, all wondering why nobody's telling him to grill some hot dogs.

I finally quit playing that Family 2 because I didn't want one of the Family 1 sims to die while I couldn't guide them through their inept lives. When I go to the lot that I moved the Family 1 to, they're still there and doing what they do. But whenever I go back to the trailer park, I get the same glitch, with the game apparently thinking they're also there.

I went through the troubleshooting guide, and removing custom content didn't solve the problem. So I guess this is a weird bug or glitch or something. Any ideas of how to fix things up? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 11:51 PM
Sims still being around after move out from an apartment is a known bug. Noramlly they only hang around outside, but this should still be the same. Open your cheat bar and use moveobjects on. 'Delete' each sim, save the lot and exit to hood view and reload the lot. (This is not the same as deleting sims and is really resetting them) Or you can simply keep playing after deleting them, save and exit once you are done. If you load up family 1 you should find them safe over at their own place.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 12:02 AM
You are a scholar and a gentleperson. That works! Thank you.

Though, apparently the Christian Love Clone Army is still a thing. He keeps walking past in multiples. I can delete them, but it's a little weird.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 12:36 AM
Glad you got that one solved. Must admit I didn't read fully and didn't see your other problem, that does sound to be rather possibly more serous. I think I would quickly kill him off. I did once have a spawning gardener, copies of her just kept jumping out of the truck until I had about 20 or more on the road and my game crashed. I was just sitting watching and wondering when it was going to stop and how all those gardeners could fit into that truck lol. Luckily it never happened again.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 2:17 AM
Ha! Yeah, I'll probably give him the axe to be on the safe side. The clone army doesn't seem to be causing any particular problems, and it is funny to see a bunch of Christian Loves gather around to hang out with each other. But I don't want my other sims to start getting any ideas...