Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#4601 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:05 AM Last edited by freedomgurl35 : 29th Jun 2014 at 4:06 AM. Reason: argh, missing words...
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
They have a Showtime profession? Because the acrobat that I recently played did the same, without having the trait. After taking a shower Sims that are self-employed or in a profession tend to switch into their work uniform and in the case of performers Naked is sometimes chosen instead. I haven't really paid attention whether there is some pattern behind it, though.

Come to think about it, yes they both are in the professions that came with the Showtime EP. Hadn't considered that!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#4602 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:45 AM
They have a Showtime profession? Because the acrobat that I recently played did the same, without having the trait. After taking a shower Sims that are self-employed or in a profession tend to switch into their work uniform and in the case of performers Naked is sometimes chosen instead. I haven't really paid attention whether there is some pattern behind it, though.

Great. Now I have to try that.
Instructor
#4603 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 10:28 AM
Is it possible to put additional files in your mod file? Like for shoes, pants, lipstick etc. It would be easier to keep track of them.
Lab Assistant
#4604 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Is it possible to put additional files in your mod file? Like for shoes, pants, lipstick etc. It would be easier to keep track of them.

I do this and have had no problems so far
Lab Assistant
#4605 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 10:42 PM
I know it's not recommended to delete mailboxes from your lots, but is there any problems with deleting the outdoor trash can?
Trying my hand at a homeless sim and made a tiny 3x3 lot that they'll use just as a place to sleep.
Theorist
#4606 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:11 AM

Oh gosh, I am having this problem too! My Singer and Acrobat couple will walk out of the bathroom after a shower and start talking to their son and daughter-in-law completely naked if I don't watch them like a hawk. It just looks so wrong! "No, no, not in front of the children". Even the grown children!

I can't wait until they decide to walk around the whole town like that.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4607 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
Oh gosh, I am having this problem too! My Singer and Acrobat couple will walk out of the bathroom after a shower and start talking to their son and daughter-in-law completely naked if I don't watch them like a hawk. It just looks so wrong! "No, no, not in front of the children". Even the grown children!

They usually change into their everyday outfit once they leave the house at the latest. At least in my game. I think they do realise that they are not wearing what they should wear and I suspect that it has something to do with the time of day and their work schedule that makes the game confuse their career with their nude outfit. Once I had it that my acrobat switched into the chemistry table outfit and did perform in that, too.

It's apparently an old issue and used to prevent performers from performing properly if the SHT bug reports are anything to go by. This at least I haven't seen yet.
Site Helper
#4608 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kateishness
I know it's not recommended to delete mailboxes from your lots, but is there any problems with deleting the outdoor trash can?
Trying my hand at a homeless sim and made a tiny 3x3 lot that they'll use just as a place to sleep.

Just to be safe I would use Move Objects to bury it inside a bush or a rock. (And then be prepared for tantrums when they can't reach it.)

Quote: Originally posted by fcck
I just moved my heir to house on another lot. There must be some spawner(s), because I've got s**tloads of butterflies and fireflies (at night) just flying around. Not only it's annoying, but also somehow lags my game. Is there any way to get rid of those bugs/spawners? When I go to buydebug mode I can only add some more spawners, I can't delete existing ones.

You really should be able to delete existing spawners, so this sounds like a good time to go through the Game Problem FAQ. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem
But you might try to see if you can remove them with Move Objects. Once they are removed, avoid alchemy. That generates spawners on the lot.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#4609 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906

Fortunately, my Singer professional sim doesn't do that, but oh what a stir what would cause if he actually did!
Top Secret Researcher
#4610 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 4:32 AM
Why does this happen around beaches and some other areas?

Does my terrain painting just suck or does winter do that in other worlds too?

Another question, sims walking on water. They walk over until they change to their swimsuits and then "correct" themselves by falling down to the actual ground level underwater. Bad terrain sculpting or just general routing fail? Happens on beaches.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Instructor
#4611 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 10:13 PM
If I delete custom slider mods, do my sims snap back to normal or become deformed?
Mad Poster
#4612 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 10:52 PM
How do I launch the game with Origin installed?
I bought TS3 prior to Origin being a requirement but installed Origin anyway yesterday in preparation for the TS4 CAS demo.
As a result the shortcuts to the Launcher and ITF.exe no longer work and all of the files from the game install directory appear to have been deleted although all of my save games and CC are still in my Documents area.
My Sims games show in Origin but they only have a Download option, not Play.
Surely these games are already on my machine as I installed them all from disk so why can I now not launch the game?!
HELP!

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
#4613 Old 10th Jul 2014 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Don_Babilon : 10th Jul 2014 at 11:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
How do I launch the game with Origin installed?
I bought TS3 prior to Origin being a requirement but installed Origin anyway yesterday in preparation for the TS4 CAS demo.
As a result the shortcuts to the Launcher and ITF.exe no longer work and all of the files from the game install directory appear to have been deleted although all of my save games and CC are still in my Documents area.
My Sims games show in Origin but they only have a Download option, not Play.
Surely these games are already on my machine as I installed them all from disk so why can I now not launch the game?!
HELP!
Is the TS3W.exe still somewhere? That's the one you should use, I think.

Another thing could be that Origin relocated your install to somewhere like D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\... ?
Instructor
#4614 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
If I delete custom slider mods, do my sims snap back to normal or become deformed?

From my experience, they stay the same. They only snap back if you try to change anything. Like if someone made an elf with custom ear sliders and you did not have them, their ears will stay the same. But if you try rotating them, they will snap back.
#4615 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 1:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luckk
From my experience, they stay the same. They only snap back if you try to change anything. Like if someone made an elf with custom ear sliders and you did not have them, their ears will stay the same. But if you try rotating them, they will snap back.
Hm, when I removed the pointy ears sliders all my Sims who had them lost their pointy ears. So, results may vary depending on the sliders or Sims.
Mad Poster
#4616 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 1:08 PM
Is the TS3W.exe still somewhere? That's the one you should use, I think.

Another thing could be that Origin relocated your install to somewhere like D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\... ?

I ran a full computer search and couldn't find it anywhere. In the end I had to put my machine into Safe Mode to run a System Restore to a previous state to try and get my games back.
Now the problem I have is when I try to start the game I get told "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)"

Top Secret Researcher
#4617 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I ran a full computer search and couldn't find it anywhere. In the end I had to put my machine into Safe Mode to run a System Restore to a previous state to try and get my games back.
Now the problem I have is when I try to start the game I get told "Unable to start game. Service initialization failed (0x024e424f)"

For Games Installed via Origin the .exe file can be found: C:\Program Files (86x)\Origin Games\Game\ Click on your latest game and go into the Bin folder. There is an .exe file for the EP that can be used to start the game bypassing the Launcher (i.e. TS3EP10.exe) and another for using the Launcher to load the game.

Note: I learned the hard way a long time ago that System Restore will not restore the game. System Restore restores Windows System Files. For More Detail See What Is System Restore
Instructor
#4618 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 4:22 PM
Hm, when I removed the pointy ears sliders all my Sims who had them lost their pointy ears. So, results may vary depending on the sliders or Sims.

How odd. I downloaded a cute Elsa Sim, full of sliders I didn't have and she stayed.... Until I tried to edit her nose and then POOF.
Maybe it depends on if it's a downloaded Sim versus made in game?
Mad Poster
#4619 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
For Games Installed via Origin the .exe file can be found: C:\Program Files (86x)\Origin Games\Game\ Click on your latest game and go into the Bin folder. There is an .exe file for the EP that can be used to start the game bypassing the Launcher (i.e. TS3EP10.exe) and another for using the Launcher to load the game.

Note: I learned the hard way a long time ago that System Restore will not restore the game. System Restore restores Windows System Files. For More Detail See What Is System Restore

But the games were never installed via Origin. They were installed from disk at a time when Origin was not a requirement. System Restore DID put all of my game installation files back where they belong. I just can't get the game to start now.
I think I best move this over to the technical help forum now.

Scholar
#4620 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 7:56 PM
I have a question in terms of Self Employment.
I have Late Night and two Sims who are in a band together. I read that one way to (improve the chance of getting) Gig requests is to register as Self Employed as a Ban at the City Hall. But I have don't have that option. Do I need Ambitions for this? I read an EA answer that I apparently CAN register without Ambitions installed, if the sims each have at least 1 Skillevel in EACH instrument.
Cause I've heard contradictory rules for this.

My other question would be exactly how terribly random it is to get a Gig.

C-A
Scholar
#4621 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 2:50 PM
I wonder if political donations actually withdraw money from other Sims' accounts?

Been playing the Pidgin family for a long time, one of them is in Political career that requires frequent donation parties and asking for donations directly from Sims in order to boost the performance meter and get a promotion. Somehow the Rackets became friends with Pidgins, so they were always invited to donation parties and never declined a donation request. Yesterday I decided to switch households and play the Rackets. Loaded their house and was surprised to see a big fat zero in their account, when the Rackets were actually supposed to be one of the wealthiest families in Twinbrook. Have they really donated ALL family funds to help the Pidgins with their political career?
Test Subject
#4622 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 1:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by freedomgurl35
Come to think about it, yes they both are in the professions that came with the Showtime EP. Hadn't considered that!

You don't necessarily have to have a Showtime profession. I had two Sims that used to do this. One was a rock star and the other was an actor.
Test Subject
#4623 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maven2379
As far as I have seen yes it is.

Nope, a bed is not the only place a Sim can woohoo. They can woohoo in the shower, a photo booth, a armoir and I'm sure many more places that I either haven't though of or don't know about.
Field Researcher
#4624 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dogdancer
Nope, a bed is not the only place a Sim can woohoo. They can woohoo in the shower, a photo booth, a armoir and I'm sure many more places that I either haven't though of or don't know about.

Can't they have a go in a pile of leaves? Maybe even an igloo as well. (But don't quote me on that last one.)

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Instructor
#4625 Old 19th Jul 2014 at 2:35 AM
Don't know about the pile of leafs, but I've made at least one baby sim in an igloo. ;-)
Page 185 of 385