Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 10:23 PM
Default floating trees or objects
Hey, I just want to know do floating lamp posts, trees or rocks affect game play? I have like 3 things floating in my world but the are very slight and not noticeable until you really look. Since I am not able to use edit in game I can't just load my world with all my lots, so to go back in caw and change these few floating things would mean putting all my lots back in edit in game So if they don't affect game play I'm cool with it.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 11:01 PM
Did the routing look okay around these objects in CAW? The only way to tell other than that is to play test.

Worst case scenario is that sims walk through those objects or maybe get stuck in them, but it's easy enough to reset them (especially if you have Overwatch or a similar mod). I would just make a backup then test it and see!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Did the routing look okay around these objects in CAW? The only way to tell other than that is to play test.

Worst case scenario is that sims walk through those objects or maybe get stuck in them, but it's easy enough to reset them (especially if you have Overwatch or a similar mod). I would just make a backup then test it and see!

I think the routing is ok, I can show a pic if you like? What size do the pics need to be on here? Oh and one of them is on a non routable area so that be ok i guess, the other two aren't though
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 11:56 PM
Default Here are the photos
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 1:01 AM
Yeah, you can see that the routing for the rock goes around the bounding box, so that's fine. Can't tell so well from the second image- there are no routing 'nodes' inside the bounding box, but it's not obvious whether the routing map goes around the bounding box either. I would just try it out, and see if you have any problems.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 1:08 AM Last edited by lloyd118 : 30th Aug 2016 at 2:58 AM.
Yeah, you can see that the routing for the rock goes around the bounding box, so that's fine. Can't tell so well from the second image- there are no routing 'nodes' inside the bounding box, but it's not obvious whether the routing map goes around the bounding box either. I would just try it out, and see if you have any problems.
Ok thanks for the info, how would you say I try it out? Like make the sim go there and see if she goes through? Just to make sure theres no way of getting a save into caw is there?

Edit: If there are a few floating bushes but they are on a non-routable place are they fine? I think it would be just want to confirm hahaha XD Also
Edit: I decided to go in caw and saw quite a few issues so changed the trees anyways XD I think I made a couple sunk a bit in the ground but you can definitely see them they are just short trees now hope thats ok.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 9:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
Ok thanks for the info, how would you say I try it out? Like make the sim go there and see if she goes through?

Yes, backup the world/save so that you can go back to a fresh copy if you need to, and playtest it!

Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
Just to make sure theres no way of getting a save into caw is there?

I made it work a couple of times, inspired by this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...916#post3903916

Someone wrote a tutorial here:
https://web.archive.org/web/2012032...ng-s3pe-and-caw
The site's long gone so the images are lost, but I saved it to PDF (attached file) if you want to try.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Save file into a world_SimThis.zip (85.8 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 3:19 PM
Yes, backup the world/save so that you can go back to a fresh copy if you need to, and playtest it!

I made it work a couple of times, inspired by this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...916#post3903916

Someone wrote a tutorial here:
https://web.archive.org/web/2012032...ng-s3pe-and-caw
The site's long gone so the images are lost, but I saved it to PDF (attached file) if you want to try.
Thanks for replying it's good to know you can get a save in caw but that sounds so hard lol xD
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 9:14 PM
Has anyone had a issue with the name of world being different in game menu than to caw? I called my world 'goaislands' but in game it's just 'goaisland'
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 10:43 PM
Edit: just to let everyone know I tried the save game in caw and tried to play it and it broke my game none of my sims profiles showed up. And got a ton of script errors.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 9:15 AM
You probably won't get sims to work from a savegame, the method is more for rescuing the world itself and removing all traces of sims. You can easily rescue the sims from the original save using Nraas Porter mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 4:39 PM
You probably won't get sims to work from a savegame, the method is more for rescuing the world itself and removing all traces of sims. You can easily rescue the sims from the original save using Nraas Porter mod.
ah I see, I got super worried when I saw all the script errors so uninstalled the world, but thanks for replying i will keep that in mind for future