Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 11:52 AM
I'm currently reading Breaking Dawn.. and i haven't finished reading Persuasion though i already started the 1st chapter. ..hehe
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 3:09 PM
Well, when I'm not reading my organic chemistry textbook (RARE OCCASION ALERT), I'm re-reading New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. Over Christmas break I plan to finally buy The Host and Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire. :D
Mad Poster
#53 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 1:26 AM
IWTV is fantastic- the prose is so lush and rich. Very few books have provided such a clear picture of characters and setting as IWTV has. I absolutely love Lestat, too- he's one of my favorite literary characters of all time. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it, because if you think New Moon is a good vampire novel, you'll be blown away by anything of Anne Rice's. Don't see IWTV, though- Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt?! Seriously. They ruined it.

I'm reading Pride & Prejudice again. Mr. Darcy just makes me weak in the knees :P. I've read it a million times and my hardback classic edition copy is starting to get so frayed that it looks like a paperback, so I think I need to buy a new one. I can't stand to have books that are in anything less than pristine condition- just annotating a book for English feels unholy to me. Also reading Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, because the themes of literature class is reading it and I was jealous :D.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#54 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 1:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
IWTV is fantastic- the prose is so lush and rich. Very few books have provided such a clear picture of characters and setting as IWTV has. I absolutely love Lestat, too- he's one of my favorite literary characters of all time. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it, because if you think New Moon is a good vampire novel, you'll be blown away by anything of Anne Rice's. Don't see IWTV, though- Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt?! Seriously. They ruined it.

I'm reading Pride & Prejudice again. Mr. Darcy just makes me weak in the knees :P. I've read it a million times and my hardback classic edition copy is starting to get so frayed that it looks like a paperback, so I think I need to buy a new one. I can't stand to have books that are in anything less than pristine condition- just annotating a book for English feels unholy to me. Also reading Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, because the themes of literature class is reading it and I was jealous :D.

oh my I loved Interview with a Vampire. The book is so delicious. The movie -- the only reason I liked it was for it's costumes (huge costume lover here). But yes, I agree about the acting. I was not a huge fan of those two, however, I did love Kirsten Dunst's role in the movie.

Currently reading: Persuasion (I love Jane Austen - she's such a romantic and very hopeful with her characters.)
Field Researcher
#55 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 2:02 AM
=] I'm reading New Moon for the 2nd time now. Then Eclipse and then Breaking Dawn. All 2nd times. After I finish the Twilight series I'm probably going to start Wuthering Heights or The Scarlet Letter

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
#56 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 2:13 AM
I've been on a bit of a reading jag lately. I've read Twilight, Watchmen and New Moon over the past two weeks and just started the Graveyard Book today.

mbunnell- I love Wuthering Heights! I've read it two times.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 2:30 AM
Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Scholar
#58 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
Argh I do that too! I try to love the films but often the book is so much better that I want the film to be just like the book. Devil Wears Prada, PS I Love You, Harry Potter, all prime examples where the film did the book no justice whatsoever.

I completely agree with you on that. The films are never as good as the book. I just found out that the Anita Blake series by Laurell K Hamilton is going to be made into a film and I both dread and anticipate it because I know they can't put half the content of the books into a film(which is a good thing for some of it) and won't do justice to what they can put in.
I'm currently reading Blood Noir from that series, for the 2nd time.
#59 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 4:11 AM
Right now I'm reading Planet of the Apes.
Good stuff.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 12:51 PM
I finished with Saddam, a bit dissapointing book I must say, nothing new, no secret life, just the public life you can read about in wikipedia.

I'm currently readin Slow Death, it's about a serial killer called David Parker Ray.

I also started reading: [size=2]The Serial Killer Files: The Who, What, Where, How, and Why of the World's Most Terrifying Murderers[/size]a
whilein the airport but I'll finish slow death first before I continue with this.

Also - as an ongoing project for years, Uncle Tom's cabin - but it's one of those books that I just cant seem to finish.
Alchemist
#61 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LongTallSally
Heart of Darkness, by Joseph Conrad.

How did/are you enjoy/enjoying it?

Right now I'm reading a book called Black Man. It's a scifi book by Richard K Morgan and I really like it. I'm pretty impressed at how well written it is, how well built the characters are, etc. It really comes across in my head like a movie as I read it. Quite a good one. When I'm done with it, I'll probably pick up some other novels by him.
Scholar
#62 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 6:54 PM
Choke by Chuck Palahniuk and I'm loving every second of it.
Alchemist
#63 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 7:01 PM
The monsters inside by Stephan Cole.
Alchemist
#64 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zaggytiddies

I didn't think it was all that great.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 8:41 PM
The Neutronium Alchemist by Peter Hamilton.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zaggytiddies

Hilarious, isn't it ?

I'm reading I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max. I find that crude, inspired scumbags make hilarious satirists, and this author's definitely as scumbaggy as they come. I'm also working my way through Things Fall Apart, by Chinua Achebe. We've been analyzing how Africa got royally exploited by invaders in my history class and the teacher mentioned the book, so I naturally wanted to read it. Does anyone else ever HAVE to look up a book when an allusion is made to it? I'm definitely that way- I need to know if I'm missing anything good .

#67 Old 16th Oct 2008 at 10:11 PM
I've started all of the Harry Potter books over again. So as of right now I'm on "Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire"
Test Subject
#68 Old 18th Oct 2008 at 8:52 PM
The Graveyard Book - Neil Gaiman
#69 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 8:52 PM
I just finished 'Going Postal' by Terry Pratchett, and it was good, but I didn't think it was as good as alot of his others...
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 8:54 PM
I'm trying to get into Love in the Time of Cholera, by Gabriel Garcia Marquez...

I'm having a bit of trouble :S
#71 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 9:09 PM
I am reading Gulliver's Travels right now, for school. Its not very good, in my opinion.....
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 9:51 PM
Just finished The Fabulist by Stephen Glass. Very good book. I highly recommend it. Now, I'm looking for a new book to read, so this thread is perfect. I'm sure I'll find some good stuff here.

"You party hard, you play hard and that's what we do. We put a lot into it
and we enjoy the good stuff, hate the bad stuff and that's part of it." - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
#73 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 10:56 PM
I'm reading "The Language Instinct" by Pinker.
It's great, I think, for anyone interested in an introduction to language/linguistics.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 11:55 PM
Now I'm reading What Is The What, by Dave Eggers. It's a lovely book- very touching, and I'm a huge fan of Eggers'. I fell in love with him the second I cracked open A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.

#75 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 12:32 AM
Okay so I finished "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" I'm amazed at how different the movie is from the book =O
So anyway, now I am on "Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix"
Page 3 of 41