Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 5:10 AM
Default Is there a mod that allows teen drivers to take their siblings to school?
I ask because EA screwed the pooch on the teen driving aspect. I've recently discovered that, once the teen has taken driving lessons, the school bus doesn't come to the house anymore. It is annoying for the teen simply because they don't drive to school autonomously so you have to remember to direct them, but the worst thing is I still have a child that now has no way of getting to school, except with a bike I didn't provide.

I discovered this when I finally noticed, oops, that my kids were getting scolded for skipping school and their grades had dropped to "D"s, even though they always do their homework. (Mom's an Interior Designer so I'd been following her to work and hadn't noticed the kiddies weren't at school.) I'd had a rabbithole in the game that was preventing the message from appearing so the time got away from me. With the rabbithole out, I at least get a notification but it doesn't stop the problem. Looking at the EA forums, I found someone had posted the same problem and questioned if the teen having driving lessons might be the problem but no one knew. I went to another house in the same neighborhood with teen kids who hadn't learned to drive and, voila, the school bus came.

Since EA has so many glitches in TS3 they didn't see fit to fix and now they couldn't care less about the game, I am hopeful someone has created a mod that will help nullify the problems it creates by at least letting the teen drive. Anyone?
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 11:48 AM
I hadn't seen a mod for that particular issue, but normally in a house where a teen can drive, I direct the teen to "go here with ..." a spot at the front of the school with their younger siblings. They all drive away together then.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
I hadn't seen a mod for that particular issue, but normally in a house where a teen can drive, I direct the teen to "go here with ..." a spot at the front of the school with their younger siblings. They all drive away together then.

I didn't think about something other than school. Will have to try that ALTHOUGH I'd RATHER it was more autonomous like the school bus.

Unfortunately, between not having too many teens and not doing driving lessons until lately, I hadn't noticed this problem in time for EA to MAYBE fix it. It's a stupid error on EAs part and I can't believe they aren't aware of it, assuming they've actually played the game! Idjuts!