Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 1:25 PM
Recoloring Refrigerators?
Hi all, I recently attempted to recolor a fridge with a kids drawing. I wanted to make it look like it was hanging on the fridge. However, after randomly placing it on the fridge in Photoshop, the drawing just repeated itself in the game. I've included two screen shots. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the repeating image, and just add it to the front? Thx in advance.

Photoshop:

In-game:

:Angelica:

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

~Groucho Marx~
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 5:50 PM
That's because the same portion of the texture *is* used on different parts of the fridge. I think there's no way to fix it (apart from UV remapping it with a 3D modeling program...).
Test Subject
#3 Old 4th Feb 2005 at 6:21 PM
Angelica:

I'm afraid this is true of EVERY object. Not only that, but for some objects (like sofas and loveseats), the textures are shared and mapped differently for two different objects. There is not a straight face-to-texture relationship for ANY object I have seen so far.

As an example, see the attached pics - one is the mapping texture I created for the Colonial Ironwood Bed, and the other is that bed with the mapping texture applied in-game.

-y
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 6:58 PM
Ah, I see. Well, since I have no experience in 3D programs, I guess I will have to stick with doing what I am now. Thanks so much for your guys' replies.

:Angelica:

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

~Groucho Marx~
Locked thread